Community Comm-Link 27th July 2023

Well, as I said, then I would push for a totally different system where you would get points you can freely attribute. Let’s take an example of what I would have loved.
At first you go to Brunt’s and pay 1 million ordos and get a fresh weapon. You get 425 points you can distribute between modifiers, from 0 to 100 (425 points = 85 for all modifiers).
Each consecration level would add 40 points… so a max of +160 points that you could use to add perks, blessings and also modifiers. To consecrate you would need plasteel and diamantine.
Every modification of the weapon would cost plasteel, diamantine and ordos. The modifications would be definitive.
The big point of such system is that you cannot get a “perfect” weapon. You can only experiment and work to find what suit best to your gameplay.

However, I am not sure that designing a totally new system is the greatest idea. This game lacks content. For people that don’t play the game “cause of locks”, they can’t see it. But, regular players can see that we need more maps, more missions, more enemies… and I don’t talk about solo that is needed and also a better mission “board” (maybe the possibility to create whatever mission you want and allow us to define filters for the quickplay feature).
I really think they must address the problem, that is in fact the time you have to spend to get one good weapon. Missions last 30 minutes and you need several to craft your first orange. This is really too much considering all the “RNG” around the crafting. Also you should always want to craft a 375+ weapon, cause you would have better odds to get a T4 blessing. However, finding the weapon you want with good distribution that is 375+ is really hard… you can, at least that’s my solution, only rely on the normal shop. But, it means you need to check it every hours. This system is not player friendly.
As I posted several times, I would push for these changes.
Don’t get me wrong… I hate RNG and I explained what I would have loved, and this is the absolute contrary of the current DT system.
However, I fear that they won’t redo the system. I think also that the game really lacks content and they have to give more if they want that the current player base keep playing. By the same time, they also need to address the problem. So I would say that, if they don’t give us an entire new system, at least they can correct the system to be more user friendly.
Tbh, I would prefer such changes and that we can get sooner a new subclass… and more maps etc. When you know how crafting works, locks are not a problem. The problem is the time you need to collect resources to craft… and find a good weapon to craft.

I know that lot of perks are useless… we have, off course, the +x% ordos for mission, the best perk +x% experience, the biggest joke +x% to get a curio… and also all poorly designed +x% damage for weak spot hit, +x% damages for critic hit etc.
I don’t think they will introduce new perks… but they should remove or redesign several…