Dev Blog: Into the Maelstrom

If locks are removed, technically you just need 1 weapon of each type.
Collecting blessings is easy… I have close to every blessing I want (for the weapons I like). So, someone like me would only collect plasteel and not use it… when you reach the current cap x5 (new feature in the patch), you don’t need to craft lot of weapons… Hadron can change what you want.

In short, you get a 380 with good distribution, you don’t need a 370…
And you already can test everything you want. Someone was surprised that I showed 6 combat axe that were really good, but all different. In fact, as I already said, on my zealot, I have 9 combat axe and all are different. The purpose was to test things. I must say that I have my 3 preferred… but the tests permitted me to discover new templates.

If you point the weapon shop (normal one), yes I use it every days as I don’t use Brunt’s armoury. Brunt’s burn too many ordos before giving something acceptable. You must be seriously lucky to get a 375+ with good distribution. I never buy something from Brunt’s, except if I wanted to test something (so when I don’t care of the quality of the weapon and just want to see the difference between several weapons MK).

I can say the same… all you bring is “remove the locks”.

I said what is, in my opinion, the problems. I have made suggestions to correct the problem.

And you’re not correct about “all you bring is no to make a good crafting system without locks”
I have one that I would love and described it
As I said, I don’t think that they would change the DT system to something like that…
And as I don’t think that they would introduce that, as I don’t think they will remove locks, I won’t loose my time at suggesting things that will never happen.
And so, I have think about improvement of the current system, cause, I have no doubt, we will keep it. But we could get tweaks if we push for some that can be implemented without entirely breaking the current system…

Let’s say that the reasons, behind the complains, for removing locks are not really clear. Several says that you cannot get a decent weapon in the current system. As I showed, you can obtain good, and even excellent, weapons in the current system.
I have seen also people that say that you cannot test what you want in the current system. I have 9 combat axe on my zealot, all different. Several are excellent. There are 3 that are good, but not excellent. So, we can test whatever we want in the current system (and as I said, for me the problem is the time needed to be able to test what you want to test).
So, what is the main problem? cause when you identify clearly the problem, you can imagine solutions. In the post #11 I said that the main problems, in my opinion, are the facts you need too much time to achieve something you want to craft and the difficulty to get a good base weapon.
None of these problems have been addressed in the incoming patch.
But, as I said in this post:

Actually, I proposed solutions to the current problem. Part of what I proposed would need a little work. But there are surely other solutions. Feel free to propose them, maybe they could even consider them.
At contrary, partisans of the lock removal only propose the lock removal, do not give a clear reason of the problem they want to address, and as this would implies lot of changes toward the game, they should also propose what needs to change in the crafting system. But they don’t.
Cause, as I said, removing locks would remove the interest in the current system.
You just need 1 perfect weapon. Once you have it, you would be able to change the blessings like you want. And, as you would not need to craft new weapons, you would have plenty of plasteel to rebless weapons before a mission.
So, what would be the interest of having ordos in this system? soon enough, you would not need to buy any new weapon. Soon, enough you would also have collected all cosmetics… and off course, you don’t need a lot of work to get all blessings.
You would end with a lot of ordos, plasteel, diamantine… and no use of them.
So, this means that the system would need to be changed entirely, at least if you want to keep blessings, tiers, resources… and even shop and so the Morningstar level.
Until now, I have seen noone trying to propose something about this. They just repeat “remove the locks”. But removing the locks has a big impact on what is around the missions.
As I said, the best way to remove locks would be to remove the Morningstar and put simple screen where you can prepare freely your char and choose a mission with whatever gear you want. Simple and efficient. But in such system, you don’t need tiers, resources, ordos, shops… the game could seem empty.

Maybe, as I suggested before, you should try to suggest solutions that could be implemented and that can work with the current system.
I must say that I would prefer that they bring us more content, cause actually the game is really repetitive. But, I would also want that they fix the current problems of the crafting. As I don’t think they will rewrite entirely the system, I expect only small changes or improvements.
So, I would not push for a total new system (even the one that I would have loved to see in this game) cause I think that this game needs badly content. On the other hand, the problems that I think is a big no for a normal player (ie time needed to craft something good) need to be addressed. However, I would hate that they loose lot of time to rewrite the entire crafting system as it would delay new content(s).

Try with 375+ weapons (check modifiers)… at this quality, you have lot of chances to get a T4 blessing when consecrating to orange.