Community Comm-Link 2nd February 2023

Rejects,

We are establishing these Comm-Links, which we will use to keep you all updated on news and changes you can expect to see in the short term.

Last week we saw the release of Patch 1.0.22, shortly followed by Hotfix 1.0.23 and Hotfix 1.0.24, which brought many bug fixes to penances and blessings, as well as some much-needed exploit fixes.

Thank you to everyone who gave us constructive feedback on the layout and formatting of the Patch Notes! We’ll be sure to add these ideas where possible in Patch Notes going forward.

Over the course of the next week we will be releasing Patch 1.0.25, which will focus on fixes for issues with talents, traits and some tweaks to weapons for balancing. Full Patch Notes will be available on Steam and the Darktide Forums shortly after the patch goes live.

Following Patch 1.0.25 we will also publish a Dev Blog, which will take a deeper dive into crafting and talk about some of the challenges we have had. We’ll also be digging into topics surrounding acquiring items, including the Armoury Exchange and Sire Melk’s Requisitorium!

74 Likes

Thanks for the update. This type of check-in communication is welcomed and appreciated. Eager to hear what the news next week will bring.

33 Likes

Neat. Can’t wait to see more!

3 Likes

Seconding this!
Thank you for helping us to feel a little less rejected!

8 Likes

Thirding this!

5 Likes

Good to see some actual human communication about what is going on.

Also, props for recognizing the ‘next week’ meme as ‘THE next week’.

Just kidding… :smile:

1 Like

Please add an emotion to the game: Next week!. It will be a huge gift for the community

I’m sure CF is as happy as we are to be able to share this information. I’m excited to see the dev blogs and continued work on bugs/QoL. It doesn’t excuse it, but I think the fervor from the community is because we want Darktide to succeed and it has such amazing potential. I for one will be looking forward to the day that I can update my Steam review to Recommend.

1 Like

If it is at all possible to lift the perk locking upon refining one perk during one of these hotfixes, it’d really help lift some people’s sour moods.

3 Likes

I just wondering what makes a priority:

• Fixing game-crippling bugs
    Or
  • Fixing insignificant exploits
    ?
    Or there is some kind of queue in to-do-list that followed based resources allocation and priorities?
1 Like

@FatsharkCatfish
Thanks for the comms! Even if, once again, the promise of any concrete information is… next week :stuck_out_tongue:

I will once again ask FatShark to do these very simple bandaid fixes, while we wait for reworked crafting and Armoury. If 1.0.25 hits with zero concessions to crafting costs and the absurd low quality of both Armoury and Melk… I think that will demonstrate that FatShark have no intention of ever stepping away from the absurd siloed grind and the worse-than-national-lottery RNG.

No matter what you communicate, no matter what you say, if you can’t implement 30 minute bandaids to the current systems in the game… then why should we believe that you will ever make this game more consumer-friendly?

1. Adjust crafting costs dramatically down and/or dramatically increase drop rates in missions

2. Adjust the number range in the Armoury to make it only drop 350-380 stuff once you hit level 30 (If possible and very easily done, increase the number of items per hour)

3. Adjust Melk rewards at least fourfold, and make the items in Melk store have a range of 370-380

3 Likes

So back to “next week” ? Yeah… This is kinda crap.

1 Like

Congratulations to Fatshark for finding your voice

We were worried

Surely it is nice to get so many posts after silence. As an idea could we get any QA session to address biggest community concerns?

1 Like

Oh nice You’re telling us stuff finally.

Thank you so much, CatFish.

This is exactly what I’ve been hoping to see, open and clear communication. I’m particularly looking forward to the Dev Blog! This is actually promising stuff.

Keep it up Fatshark!

This is the kind of thing I was hoping for. I can wait if it means I know what’s going on, and what the plan is - even if things are coming out slower than I’d like. Great first step, I hope it holds up.

4 Likes

Well said!
Looking forward to the dev log and to see what the future holds. :smiley:

2 Likes

I assume it’ll be a mixture, as there’ll be different people working on different things. There’s probably dependencies in there too

Happy to see this. Thank you.