Changes for vermintide 2 (or V3)

I really like vermitide 1, 2 and darktide… And I see great things in all 3 games. I’ve been playing them all since they were released, and I see these fatshark games (especially Vermintide 2) as having enormous potential, because in this game genre they are by far the best… I saw some comments from some people about what they would like to see in the game. game after Siena’s career about: buffs, nerfs, gameplay changes, new content, among others, and I would like to give some opinions on things I would like to see in Vermintide 2, a point of view from an end consumer who I really like this genre of games.

:rat:1) changes in the lobby:

:large_blue_circle:Move around the lobby with the camera in third person (good for being able to see the animations and new skins/ and who knows, maybe launch a third person event in the future taking advantage of this)

:large_blue_circle:Maybe changing the looby map and making it more compact (I don’t think it’s that important, but it would give the game a new look)

:large_blue_circle:Add new training bots with new armor. (could be the same model but with different armor, like chaos warrior)

:large_blue_circle:add to the lobby: Lamp Oil and Explosive Barrel

:rat:2) improvements to the game’s Farm:

:green_circle: collecting all Books on each map gives a helmet/clothes skin item. (Only once, example: completed the mission into the nest in the cataclysm with all the books, at the end you get a bardin’s helmet exclusive to that mission) (put this in all missions in the game)

:green_circle: Add weekly mission of this type: “get all books in tower of perfidy earns 50 shillings”

:green_circle: add more goods with shillings

:green_circle: Add an exclusive clothing skin when completing all missions in the game, example: helmgart, back to ubersreik, shadows of… (no weave/ chaos wastes/ and the way to defend the statue that I forgot the name of)
Remembering that there is only 1 skin per character, it ended with Kruber, you only get Kruber’s skin.
Or the reward can also be receiving 4 helmets at once (1 for each career example: whc, BH, zealot, wp)

:green_circle: For new players, any way to buy XP buff with shillings perhaps?

:rat:3) skins:

:yellow_circle: Fix the color of some helmets that don’t match anything

:yellow_circle: As mentioned before: exclusive skin or helmet for finishing all maps in cataclysm including DLC (back to ubersreik, shadow of…)

:yellow_circle: (Buy weave weapon skins with essence, and release weapons for purchase according to the weave level, example: 1/3 at weave 40. 2/3 at weave 80. 3/3 at weave 120. (Not too easy, not too difficult) so no one can complain.

:yellow_circle: As mentioned before: get 1 exclusive skin for 1 character when you finish a map in Cataclysm with all the books for the first time. (Example: into the nest, reward: Skarrik Spinemanglr cape/“armor” for bardin Slayer.) (Another example: fair position, reward: hammer skin for Victor saltzpyre)

:yellow_circle: Bring a “new” vermintide end times skin pack. With all skins that didn’t come to V2.

:yellow_circle: being able to change the helmets of the vermitide end times skins that are already in the game.

:yellow_circle:Add the red vermintide end times clothing skins for V2, whoever doesn’t have it purchased as a pack of new skins, whoever had it in the first game gets it “free”.

:yellow_circle:Add shared helmet between the 4 careers, for each character who plays 50 games in the weave. (Example: I win 100 Kerilian servant games, I get a helmet that I can use in all 4 careers.)

:yellow_circle: Place accessories that hang on the characters, such as books, amulets… Same as vermintide end times. (That would be really cool) (including accessories that could be picked up in missions like “drachenfels”)
similar to V1 trinkets:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/s/XoxKdbuLlS

:yellow_circle:upon completing 160 weaves, the player wins 1 helmet for each character that can be used in the 4 careers.

:rat:4) Build Items:

:red_circle:Add darktide attributes to vermintide, such as:
“Thrust:
Up to +5-20% Power based on the charge time of your heavy attacks. Stacks 3 times” on some melee weapons,"
Full Bore:
+14-20% Power for 5s when every bullet in a shot hits the same enemy." For shotguns.
“Blaze Away
+8% Power for every 10% of magazine spent during continuous fire. Stacks 5 times.” For flamethrower.
“Taunt on stagger
Staggering enemies will make them prioritize you as a target over other players.” For shields.
Among other interesting perks compatible with vermintide.

:red_circle:Add skins to accessories (and also be able to change skins) (and perhaps also add exclusive passives to each accessory after being released on a map… For example: automatically recover from a ledge, shields now block projectiles for allies …)

:red_circle: Balancing of some long-range and melee weapons: I will comment on this in career balancing.

:red_circle: Put new special attacks on weapons you don’t have. Example: victor cutlass add counterattack special equal to catachan sword Mk IV “demon’s claw” darktide.
Or some special ammo for Bardin’s Grudge-Raker. (I comment better on the careers and classes topic)

:rat:5) new contents:

:orange_circle:New skin packs.

:orange_circle:New weapons packs

:orange_circle: New maps with new interactions

:orange_circle: New factions (undead, Orks…)

:orange_circle:New enemies for existing factions: elites, specials and bosses. (Beast of nurgle, tuskgors, skabbik’s plague pack…)

:orange_circle: Launching the fifth 5th career for all characters, this always leaves the game with a new look.
The possibilities are several and perhaps even adapting the lore to some interesting careers such as: Victor Saltzpyre, a reverse-engineered global alchemist, all of his Skaven knowledge entering a likely heretical path of learning.
Bardin somehow transforms or approaches into a runesmith or even a chaos dwarf.
There are several other interesting careers for everyone…

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/s/FE1lpeSfcp

:orange_circle: add a battle pass to the game, containing limited skin items for: clothing, helmet, weapons… also coming with shillings, chests and emotes.
(it could even come with a fifth row)

:orange_circle: and one question: with these additions wouldn’t the game make more money if it were free on all platforms? I believe that even with the battle pass there could come an XP buff for new players (who are generally not interested in skins), they would like to get the battle pass because of the chests and xp buffs.

:orange_circle: add a difficulty (or modifier) that can play 5 players together.

:rat: 6) rework, buff/nerf in classes.

:white_circle:Here I’m going to talk about what I think would be most interesting both in terms of fun and balance, because there’s no point in balancing and being boring, or being fun and unbalanced…
And rework ideas are not always focused on balancing, but rather on increasing the variety of builds or making some talents more attractive.
also make the talents more synergistic, like the necromancer who has several different talents and combinations that make the gameplay very varied.
In these rework ideas I would like to add a little more depth to the talents and passives, or even new usable items such as an exclusive drink for the veteran ranger and a sigmar relic for the warrior priest (in the same way as the neceomancer siena has the “icon of death”, to command the skeletons).

:white_circle:Victor Saltzpyre:

:white_circle:Bardin Goreksson:

:white_circle:Markus kruber/ Kerilian/ Siena Fuegonasus:

:white_circle:Buff/rework kerilian,Siena,kruber

:white_circle:Necromancer talent adjustments

:rat: 7) chaos wastes

:brown_circle: expeditions Mode continuation:
When you finish the expeditions, the game asks if you want to continue or end the game.

:exclamation:Finish: the game ends and players return to the fort normally.
:exclamation:Continue: When continuing, the game moves all players into a battle with a random boss from the campaign and dlc.
:exclamation:The battle would only be against the boss and not the entire map.
:exclamation:The bosses would receive various buffs (Hp and damage) and control reduction modifiers.
The bosses would be:
Burblespue Halescourge
Skarrik Spinemanglr
Bödvarr Ribspreader
Gatekeeper Naglfahr
Deathrattler and Rasknitt
Nurgloth the Eternal
Sofia Fuegonasus

:exclamation:Upon defeating this boss, players start a new random expedition, keeping all perks, consumables and buffs.
However, the expedition will receive two curses at the same time and life and damage modifiers for enemies.
:exclamation:When finishing the last map In this second expedition with modifiers and 2 curses, players will end the game and receive 100 shillings and 200 pilgrim coins for the next game.

:low_brightness:Boss modifiers:
Burblespue Halescourge:
HP: +500%
DMG: +80%

:low_brightness:Skarrik Spinemanglr:
HP: +600%
DMG: +150%
When knocked down once, he is immune to being knocked down again within 14s.
Attacks break more stamina shields.

:low_brightness:Bödvarr Ribspreader:
DMG: +150%
When knocked down once, he is immune to being knocked down again within 14s.
Attacks break more stamina shields.

:low_brightness:Gatekeeper Naglfahr:
DMG: +100%
When knocked down once, he is immune to being knocked down again within 8s.
Transforms into a spawn of Chaos when it drops below 40% health.
While in spawn of Chaos form, he summons 30 fanatic infantry units every 3s.

:low_brightness:Deathrattler and Rasknitt:
HP1: +600%
DMG1: +80%
When knocked down 3 times, he becomes immune to being knocked down for 25s.
HP2: +350%
DMG2: +200%
When knocked down 5 times, you are immune to being knocked down for 8s.

:low_brightness:Nurgloth the Eternal:
HP: +550%
DMG: +70%

:low_brightness:Sofia Fuegonasus:
It takes 7 barrels to defeat her.
She summons skeletons throughout the entire game.
Sofia’s skill damage increased by 60%.
Number of skeletons summoned increased by 250%.

:brown_circle: add on map, weapons store.
similar to a perk store, but with random legendary weapons.

:brown_circle: add tzeentch chest.
:exclamation:a chest that can be found on the map with tzeentch’s curse.
:exclamation:This chest is similar to the Trials chest, but when active, it summons a tzeentch warrior.
:exclamation:When you defeat him, the chest has 5 rewards of which you can only choose 2.
:exclamation:The rewards are random talents and skills from the character’s careers in use, for example, the necromancer can choose talents from the pyromancer and battle mage, or the bounty hunter can use talents and skills from the warrior priest and zealot.

:small_red_triangle_down::mouse:Just remembering that these topics are just some of the ideas of a person who likes to play the game.

2 Likes

sorry for the translation errors

Cosmetics should never have influence on the gameplay (No Meta cosmetics)

Add darktide attributes to vermintide

That would necessitate way to much work and change the balance in a way more unpredictable way, better to keep them separate.

While it would be nice it’s not something I think will and need to happen, the weapons are fine as they are.

New weapon packs would be good, though I wouldn’t say that 3 will happen.

As for enemies, they’ve already said that with how the game is on the local files it wouldn’t work without vastly increasing the size of the game (Which is already high for such a game).

4 Likes

Honestly just maps, balance/rework patches, more/rework of weapon traits (be it inspired from CW or DT) and possibly a few more weapons is fine for me.

I would love for them to add a few more maps to Chaos wastes as well. Maybe rework the map to add a few extra optional challenge mini maps/arenas for coins/boons/wep upgrades rewards or something similar.

The skins, I highly doubt they’ll ever add any for in-game achievements. But I honestly get it, something has to pay the content. Maybe they could still do something with the ones that just lie in the files unused?

I wouldn’t mind more weapons with special ability, but I don’t think it’s much needed. Perhaps a few weapons that seem otherwise bland could use it, like greatsword?

Please keep the darktide weapon stat randomization away from this game (and any future game).

Edit: Also just noticed the battle pass in the new content wish list. Please no. It’s not even content imho, just artificial engagement filler and a chore.

3 Likes

It certainly wouldn’t be interesting to bring ALL of Darktide’s attributes to Vermintide, but the specific ones I mentioned, what do you think of them? the one with the shield that causes provocation when stunning, I thought it was sensational, especially if it was a talent or attribute exclusive to the bardin. (iron break)

and I didn’t say that skins should have an advantage, it was probably a translation error, my general idea is to have more unlockable skins on purchased content maps.

I also don’t really like the battle pass, but I believe it would be something to keep players in the game, as I myself have stopped playing about 5 times because of the absurd delay in content, and many forget that on the console sometimes the content It takes longer to arrive, and we don’t have MODS to test a lot of things, so the game ends up being monotonous and with nothing to do. I really like playing on the console when new careers arrive, it adds life to the game and skins are also cool, but as main victor I was very disappointed with the wp missions, they only have shillings and a plastic frame.

And interestingly, all the people who don’t have skins that I asked why they don’t buy them, they all said it’s because the game is in first person and they don’t see… well, one way to get around that would be for the lobby to be able to stay in third person and more missions with interactions in which we see the characters in third person with the anthel yenlui / the pit

:nurgle: :mouse2: :skaven:

1 Like

As long as it sticks to more melee focus, and then Darktide can keep the Range focus, I’ll be happy. Staying as a group and moving around together is when this game feels best for me and my group. When people are able to just play solo or spam AoE and take it to the most silly extent, like Zealot or old BW, it’s kinda boring.

In V2 me and my friends loved the difficulty increase, but once you improve, some of the Career Skills and other things feel a bit too strong IN GENERAL. Would be nice to see a tuning while keeping things unique.

The absolute NEED for stuns in this game is one of the biggest problems rn. Disablers being able to Noclip causes this, as well as hyper density with Elites stacking.

They’re already great at maps, world building, characters, music and writing. I’d like to see something more than the letters and voicelines. A comic or possibly even a series on top of letters could be awesome.

It could be interesting to add character creation, and then have the U5 playable too. Probably a lot of work though. Problem is how aesthetically locked in you get when you only use those 5 characters. On Darktide they can literally make any class.

As for factions, it would be cool if they mixed things up, but there’s even Nurgle and Skaven things they haven’t explored fully, and reworking Beastmen is still a big option. Happy to see anyhing though.

I’d actually like them to get more creative with the Boss aesthetics. There’s so many cool things they make, but reusing the same Lords and Wizards gets kind of stale. More unique ones could be good. And alternate enemy skins.

One big actual criticism I have for FS is the delivery of Darktide not making much sense, in terms of RNG map choices and gearing, when people have been spamming this forum since V2 came out about more choice in unmodded. So hopefully they take that into account. Not everything needs to be a game mechanic, sometimes it’s ok to just have options.

Also an Athanor-like progression for stats and then a longer progression for other things.

EDIT:
I will add that on V1, the Trinkets was a little more unique, I’d like to see similar itemization to what we have now with some of the useless stats removed, but then the Trinkets with unique icons etc V1 style. It definitely adds flavour and immersion, rather than just flat stats on every item.

Making those have difficult challenges to unlock, but really unique stats, affixes downsides, or even abilities would be awesome. Imagine Fortunes of War, but you get a specific Trinket after it. Just don’t make them too RNG, like archers killing a Minotaur under the wotsit tree, or breaking out 2 people from disablers with SoTT Career Skill.

1 Like

Great Ideas/Suggestions.

For me, more maps and maybe prestige system for borders.

(The Dream) Allow me to give the voice actors money so you can continue to add dialogue/story/narrative.

2 Likes

@URKA @GreenColoured @Ensrick @Frostysir
@Reorx
Finally I think I’ve finished my ideas, I think there are some left for chaos westes like more curses, and others for new monsters. but in general everything I think I could add about the game is there. (mainly about balancing and reworking careers)

I’ve switched to Linux. Easy anti-cheat supports Linux, but Fatshark can’t or won’t use a Linux compatible anti-cheat. There’s more games in my Steam library than time, even if I only play those that are either native to Linux or run fine on Proton. My wife and friends have been asking me to play other games too. I might be on a permanent vacation from Vermintide 2. I’ve got my moneysworth after over 3k hours and I’m satisfied.

Wake me when something changes on the Linux front, and I’ll probably return.

1 Like

Honestly i by and large disagree with a whole lot of the proposed changes, this above here is an example of something i believe to be extremely ill-considered. Even for a “special event” thing these modifiers on this boss is nothing short of just getting the players steamrolled anyway because of an near unavoidable (need serious dodge distance modifiers to dodge) knockback into AOE = instant death. The solution also just remains the same with either having the cheese to blow him up instantly or a completely undying tank. Nothing in between works.

That boss has severe design issues for one that is located in a random matchmaking pool. The overall idea here does nothing to fix anything and this isnt a one thing case.

Same goes for a lot of the career balance suggestions&changes too. For instance, keri ricochet idea is terrible because if you shoot,miss and keep missing the game will just have arrows bouncing the void until eternity or the game crashes trying to process the ever rising volume of it.

Not to mention that its a profoundly useless option relative to almost anything else she could use, like how good is it to miss a shot, have it bounce off into the distance and hit some other rat in the foot? Compared to anything else?

1 Like

ok, but do you know that these modifiers are for chaos weastes? there the dwarf can throw infinite mogrim bombs, victor can become semi-immortal, kruber becomes infinitely invisible and hits monsters, siena gets all the burning talents over time and kerilian does everything op that exists… if you don’t have these modifiers they kill the boss in literally 10s (or even less)

:+1::+1::+1:

I do know, but consider that you are basically doing an impossible balancing act.

On one side, you got the morgrim bomb spam dwarf. On the other, you got a team where no one has anything like it.

You set the win condition to have a morgrim bomb spam dwarf. The results will be people just giving up instantly if this rolls and they do not. Much like they do when enchanters lair pop in QP. Thus nothing has been fundamentally solved and instead its just a bigger RNG frustration roll.

Thusly it can be observed that setting the balancing bar at “Morgrim spam” is not a good plan, it is infact, a very poorly considered one.

but the reason for this event is to be challenging and for the players at the end of the expedition to decide whether or not they are able to face it… and secondly, where did you get that only the dwarf can do damage in the chaos desert with a mogrim bomb? almost all characters with the right talents are ultra-optimal in terms of damage with some exceptions… there is the flag that heals the team, infinite bomb+ perk to reduce cooldown by 1000%, a universe of perks to increase life and mitigation… Anyway, with the right talents I believe these bosses will be easy even with these modifiers.
But if players realize that they are weak at the end of the expedition, they just choose to end the expedition on the last map and the game ends with victory and the players do not face the boss or restart the map.

A one time use thing without a specific boon, also specifically quite useless against nurgloth if he gains a big damage boost since he´ll just knockback anyone out of it while also killing them.

Infinite bomb is dwarf ranger exclusive, reduce cooldown by 1000%? Doesnt exist. What exists is a small possibility for all the teammates to stack the boons for giving themselves and temamates some cooldown refund on ability use.

That possibility has been greatly diminished by the addition of new boons btw.

About Two boons for extra health, two boons for extra THP generation aside from base talents. One or two regen boons. None which is guaranteed by any means. Especially with a freshly diluted boon pool.

And as for all characters having high potential with the right boon, i call absolute b*llshit. There are extreme discrepancies in how far the careers can perform relative to eachother when getting “good for them” boons. Not to mention weapon dependencies.

But on the note of “good boons”, for instance, the morgrim dwarf with double bomb toss, duplication and whatother bomb boons basically has no equal. He´ll blow up the monsters, the chaos patrols, the armies, near instantly.

Some Handmaiden with a posh spear will keep having a posh spear, since it´ll stay unused. Unlike that Pyromancer rolling burning skulls like common fireballs.

1 Like

100 sec of enhanced cooldown regen is not 1000% cooldown reduction.

And the game descriptions puts it as :

Your Bombs consecrate the ground for a few seconds on impact. Players within the consecrated ground gain increased Career Skill Cooldown Speed.

A few seconds? That´s not 100 sec of ability refund, not without bomb refund and refreshing it nonstop.

And additionally, its still basically dwarf exclusive, maybe even ranger exclusive if there´s no morgrim and the enemies got armor to keep charging the engineer out of the circle.