I’ve been having multiple issues since patch 3.3 released, none of the issues listed below I experienced before this patch was released.
The biggest issue I’m experiencing regards problems with character animations, as it is significantly altering my ability to play the game in some situations. I have noticed that reasonably frequently when enemies drop down from ledges, they pause (sometimes for up to a second or two) in their falling animation when they’ve already hit the floor before they start an attack or walk animation. I have had enemies freeze and just not do anything for multiple seconds (even ending up in a T-pose at one point). I have had my own character’s attack animations slow down at random (without taking a hit, so shouldn’t have been staggered). Most annoyingly, I have also experienced desynchronization of enemy attack animations and the physical damage the attack does; where I get hit by an attack that hasn’t visually happened yet (even as the host).
I have also had other issues with the game rendering correctly (without changing any in-game graphics settings) where starting the game multiple times drastically changes the appearance of the game in specific places. I have had issues with visual effects like the portal in the keep changing appearance between looking like just a hazy particle effect (without the globe portal shape), or appearing normally just as the globe portal shape as before the patch. Other things related to this I have experienced includes issues with culling of the environment, where the game was de-loading parts of the map that were actually still needed (that I was standing in very close proximity to and also looking straight at).
I have also experienced games where after finishing a map, the party gets taken back to the keep and it states “player X has left the game” but their character is still running around the keep and they are still talking in chat. When we went to play another game with the lobby in this state, the matchmaking system tried to make a 5th player join because the game simultaneously thought the lobby had both 3 and 4 players already in it; which caused issues.
I have even experienced all of these happening in a private game where I was playing with 3 bots because I was trying to fix my issues by changing the graphics settings at the time.
I always close all software that isn’t necessary before playing vermentide 2. While I’m playing, I normally have between 70 to 90 fps, which drops to ~60 fps in hordes (at worst). I try my best to play in games with less than 100 ping (if I am not hosting). I am having issues with all of the above both when I am both the host and client. Changing from DX12 to DX11 didn’t help. I have tried setting the pre-rendered frames manually to 1, which didn’t make a difference. Changing any other graphics settings hasn’t fixed my issue. I have verified the files through steam, tried disabling all my mods and even deleted and redownloaded the entire game to run it from an SSD. Nothing I have tried seems to help my problems, so I have reverted to my ‘normal’ settings.
I have uploaded multiple console logs where I was attempting to fix my issues by changing graphics settings; as this is where I was noticing the graphical glitches around the portal just in the case it may be useful.
CPU: Intel i7-7700k @ 4.6 GHz stable
RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) 2666MHz
GPU: Nvidia 1080Ti
user_settings.txt (69.4 KB)
console-2020-10-20-15.37.36-40584d80-7fc2-4a38-8ec7-abaa525a8cb0.log (3.0 MB)
console-2020-10-20-12.30.40-510b5d4b-c279-4fa3-a097-5b0af4075e2d.log (317.8 KB)
console-2020-10-18-15.38.05-707b5bd3-f845-4588-845d-adbf23fe571c.log (384.2 KB)
console-2020-10-18-15.35.07-ae6b1f5b-4021-45aa-9b63-224b235a23b0.log (101.8 KB)
console-2020-10-18-15.22.00-2eb96567-12cf-4872-aa14-4e9f6538ac13.log (106.3 KB)
console-2020-10-18-15.14.21-aab75eaf-b828-462d-9f4a-04a4c8feec22.log (175.9 KB)
console-2020-10-18-15.11.52-5246adab-5b17-4111-8bf0-a1a4158e1067.log (179.2 KB)
console-2020-10-18-14.29.24-ea4df754-81cf-4493-abd2-dcec0fdcab8c.log (372.2 KB)
console-2020-10-18-10.46.53-3008b58d-f749-42c6-899c-99b0db2b43c8.log (2.6 MB)