Please dont turn this game into V3!

They want to release content every quarter, so people play for 12 weeks between content releases. You should be able to fully finish a character for a new class that was released in that time if you’re playing at a reasonable pace, so let’s say 20 hours a week. So, somewhere around 200-250 hours is what it should take to max a class and get perfect gear on it.

If someone isn’t playing that much you’re not going to get them to play more by holding an absurd grind over their head anyways.

I do not have a “target” but I would not mind getting at least one optimal, not perfect mind you roll in 20hrs of play. As it stands I have 200+hrs played between all chars and I have maybe 1 item with great potential, if I will be able to swap blessings.
Dunno maybe rng rolled over me, but it is how it is.

I dont understand why people dont get this system. You make harder missions, you get more credits and more materials to make more and better gear. So it has an effect if you play harder missions, its just diffrent to the previous games. The people simply dont understand it and i ask whats the difference to V2? In V2 you get loot boxes where you have no clue whats in there. You also get only one. In the Darktide shop you have like 10 items every hour.

I tell you, i really dont understand why people hate this system, its so much better. But as i said, i guess they simply hate it because the dont undserstand it. They think its worse, but when you compare both directly you can actually only come to the conclusion that its better, in my opinion at least.

Are you serious? How do credits and materials help me get better gear when there are no better base items to purchase and upgrade?

How does marginally improving my gear help me get better gear when the chance to get even better base items to purchase and upgrade never improves?

You’re either trolling or you don’t understand the problem with the Darktide loot system at all.

9 Likes

I play now since 330 hours or so (1/2 beta included) and my gear becomes constantly better. Its true, ofc there is not always the item i want in the shop, but thats the same case with V2 loot boxes. Its also the same when you try to craft a base item in V2. You can have 100 wrong outcomes in row with to low power lvl. Í stopped counting how long it took me to get that sword axe combo at 300 for my salz :-/

Except the crafting system is there in case you get unlucky? Where there is no such thing in DT. There is no RNG mitigation in DT whatsoever. Even looter shooters and diablo-likes give you more control over your loot.

1 Like

Your chance to get a 380 with a Tier 4 perk you want doesn’t go up from you purchasing more items though. It’s the exact same whether you play 30 hours or 3000 hours.

The only advantage you get from playing more is having checked the store more often.

6 Likes

I have to disagree with you here. Using your own example, playing more games at higher difficulty gets more dockets, no one is denying that, but then when you go to the shop and what you are looking for is not there, what use is having more dockets and materials? And if i keep playing during the time it takes to refresh, my dockets and materials keep piling up, while i am unable to make use of them because the base item i’m looking for is not even available and i HAVE to wait for the shop refresh. This is a major disconnect between PLAYING the game to EARN stuff as opposed to WAITING for the game to roll stuff in the store (which is the current system).

Whereas in VT2, if i played alot, i get alot of boxes with crap gear, i salvage said crap gear and craft a new one, oh i didnt get the stats i want, so i go back to playing the game and get more materials/items to convert into materials and try again, what’s wrong with that? That doesn’t mean you can get that perfect rolled item instantly. (unless you are talking about red gear which incidentally is a non-issue here since they DON’T EXIST in DT)

At the very least with VT2’s system i feel like each mission i played helped take me one step closer to getting the gear i want/am looking for and all those materials and dockets i am collecting has a purpose, as opposed to waiting for an arbitrary 1 hour for the shop the refresh before i can do anything with all that earned materials/dockets.

6 Likes

Why would V2 be the base for comparison, not other looters. At least in VT you could craft every base item.
If you look a the forums you will see how many Psykers complain they cannot even get the staff they want to use.
I think that discussion derailed a bit away from a “1 perk re-roll”.
But I cannot see how expecting to get at least an item every completed mission can hurt the game ?

You can upgrade an item, reroll a perk and later a blessing as far as i know. How much more control do you want over a single item?

@EvilDarktide Ok you are one who likes this RNG system and want it to stay as it is. Your opinion, and you have all rights to speak up for it.

But maybe reading some of the “player engagement mobile games” articles would help to understand why such RNG systems is in this game (and sadly many other games).
This systems are never done in the players favor, this is all about to max earnings.
Seems like most bigger publisher moving there games towards this mobile systems and it begins to slowly normal on pc games also.

A lot people just say “this is normal in the modern gaming landscape” and get used to this.

I say “no it is not”.
It only can become normal because people accept this and buy/play this kind of games.

5 Likes

The problem is getting said base item. I understand you got all you wanted in your 330 hrs of play. Some ppl do not have that much time to play and would probably expect to at least see every weapon upon reaching lvl 30.
It does not happen currently, you are at rng store mercy.

6 Likes

Hmmm dunno how bad for you it was with gear in V2 but if you played a decent time like at least 5 -10 runs a day & won all of those you get 10 emperor chest … like dunno how for you but in week you get at least 50…+ all comedation chests & other… & from 50 chest you cold easy get like at least 10 reds at minimum. If those reds wasn’t at your liking smelt them & forget yourself 2 red weapons of your liking… most people there that complained about that were “zero’s” that couldn’t even grab sword from the correct side…

I dont say the DT system is good. I will say it’s so bad that whenever I check shop for better weapon that I like I usually dont even see those or they’re so bad that they should get scraped by shopkeeper himself. Btw why we only getting money from discarding… why not plastel or diamentium of course depending on the value of staff scraped. New reroll system uses platinum as well… to force people to play that rankings dont go down?

Btw You said “custom tuning” we dont have custom tuning for now… it’s grinding players to play more… if they want to reroll one thing that isn’t even a blessing. The developers are dumbasses as their only angering their player base more & more… even updates make people mad as usually the stuff that they add is unsatisfying [like almost no content , they throw some scraps at you & think that all will be happy] .

Lfd2 ? ehh it was decent but also meh… even B4B was better because more things that you could customise about character & weapons.

They should stay more in V2 tone for gear & mix it a bit with a little of customization & really more talents on all classes there is almost non existential customization & for a game that should be better from V2 it is a step back as for now.

1 Like
1 Like

How about getting an item in the first place?

1 Like

I just dont understand why people hate so much on this system. Im so happy that i dont have to watch a damn dice roll after every mission and that i dont have to click countless lootboxes only to find out there is nothing in ther for me.

The shop on the morning star, is far more honest and transparent and yeah, it has not always your dream item (what a shame). No its good that you dont get max geared in the first week and i really hope they keep it that way.

I already have nightmares, seeing countless vets running around with perfect rolled bolters and power swords :-/

Hey I feel you, as I said I do not mind the crafting as FS envisioned it.
I just think to get the best of it, we need more drops to actually have some fun and experiment with weapons.

What does Fatshark earn from the gear shop please? Will you now come up with some kind of conspiracy theory of what they plan to do with this system in the future? I tell you, should they really pull something like that, im the first one who speaks out aginst it. I have also spoken against the predatory in the premium shop and people called me nuts for it. They said there was no predatory (ofc) :-/

In other words your issue is not with items dropping from missions but that you have to watch the dice roll when it happens. Or that you have to open the box manually to get the loot. So if FS decided to make emperor’s gift guaranteed on mission completion with no dice roll animation (rather than rewarding dockets), just the item being presented to you directly (based on RNG) you wont have issue with it?

You are still not getting the point that it’s not the requirement to hunt for gear that is the issue, i’m pretty sure most people dont mind the hunt for gear (even through the store). It’s the fact that you have to wait an arbitrary 1 hour in order to get new gear that is the problem (at least personally it is for me, and i unless i’m much mistaken some others who criticize the current system). It has no bearing what so ever to the act of PLAYING the game that has so many people out of joint.

4 Likes

An item in the range of 360-369 with the type of perks and blessings you want would take you some 30 years to get.
An item in the range of 370-379 with the type of perks and blessings you want would take you some 70 years.
An item of 380 with the type of perks and blessing you want would take you 120 years.
And this is disregarding that all weapons have 5 bars allowing for more than 80 variations of stat weights which seriously affect how a weapon performs.
Yes, we collected the data, we did the math. And this is just… For 1 item.

Fatshark has already acknowledge this is an issue, they even did the math themselves and concurred with our conclusion.

None of us are asking for perfect weapons for no effort. What we are asking is that there is a meaningful gear progression in which it is our time and effort NOT an extremely unfavourable roll of the dice that has less chance than you winning the your country’s national lottery that determines it.
We want to make builds and have fun with them, but currently that is not possible.

9 Likes