I have crunched the shop numbers in this post i made the other day and the numbers are so atrocious, i think we should demand some promises from Fatshark regarding pay to win mechanics, especially since they are part owned by Tencent and made the statements you see in the attached picture.
To highlight some numbers:
- There is a 1 in 37,03 chance per shop refresh that a specific weapon will have a specific perk
- there is a 1 in 28139 chance per shop refresh that a specific weapon will have a specific perk and be rolled 370+ base stat rating (top right corner in the “bars” section). With a 370+ weapon, you can still have a 50% damage roll.
- there is a 1 in 9,6 chance per shop refresh that a curio will have 2 specific perks.
These are not even considering perk rating (for example, 2% crit chance or 5% crit chance). As the shop only refreshes once an hour, that is an estimated 37,03 hours played to obtain the weapon you want with specific 1 perk (still not considering rating). For curios you even need to upgrade from blue to purple rarity, to even see which 2 perks it gets.
Furthermore, this post by u/EndoM8rix tells us that emperors gifts are capped to 20 per week, account wide for some reason, hard capping the amount of loot you can acquire. With 4 hours played per day, for a week, you can get 28 shop refreshes per week (280 weapons per week), and it would then take 9,25 days to obtain 1 specific weapon with a specific perk, and that may be a bad one. Emperors gifts then increases that to 300 weapons per week, which is then 8,64 days. This is not an acceptable level of grind for gear progression.
So to reference the attached quote, where the hell is the player agency? how on earth do i target a build?
Either they don’t care about the average gamer, and only care about the addicts who stick around long enough to buy something from the shop and the whales. Or this all stinks of pay-to-win mechanics.
in light of this, i want Fatshark to at the very least make promises on the following:
- There will never be any pay-to-win mechanics in the game
- The entire loot system OR crafting system will get an overhaul to enable reasonable player progression and agency.
- A roadmap detailing what their plans are for all of this
So with all this, please help me get Fatsharks attention. u/Fatshark_Aqshy, u/Fatshark_Hedge, any comments on all of this?
If Fatshark think i got the numbers wrong, i would love to see the actual numbers and get corrected.
This has also been posted to Reddit