Drop rates after patch 1.0.5

First i was happy that they raised the drop rates of red items from chests, and clarified that you can get them on champ level gen/emp chests too.

After the patch and 180hours of gameplay i got my first and second red items… 2 NECKLACES, just what i wanted, nice thing you can equip them at the same time to make good use of them… Not like the forum wasnt full of complaints that ppl get multiple of the same trinket/necklace whatever, instead getting a weapon finally for example, but nooo, the issue of duplicates are still exists…

Also… The hidden nerf to Ranald was a really nice thing to do…
Before the patch i could get an emp chest on a full champion run (QP, 3tome, 2 grim, 0-1-2 dice) in 60-70% of my games… Now its 10%!!! (and its not just me… i hear the same thing back from my friends in the game)
WOW the patch happened, and we wont see an emperor chest again anytime soon(maybe one weekly) no matter how you max out a level…So basically we are at the same place before the patch…
This kind of RNG is the worst in every game, but FS decides to implement it even more to the game…

4 Likes

And you are been lucky… nearly same amount of hours, 0 reds :c

1 Like

People are notoriously bad at estimating rates of all kinds, or appreciating what kinds of patterns RNG will produce. The above is pretty thin evidence for a “hidden nerf”.

1 Like

Maybe, but for me this change is really noticable… And this system that you need RNG for emp chest even with QM bonus and the best possible performance is just stupid.
Also with the amount af data FS provides us about game stuff… You literally need to datamine or read reddit dataminers to get to know important stuff about the game…

Ya not scientific at all but anecdotally in my experience it seems that Ranald is a lot stingier and I haven’t gotten many Emp chests even with full books + loot die.

But the “increased drop rate” is a real slap in the face because it shows that Fatshark doesn’t understand the problem. The problem is unlucky people playing hundreds of hours of champ/legend and getting no reds at all. Increasing the drop rate doesn’t solve that problem much at all and just means that lucky people will get more reds than before

Think of it like flipping a coin. You have a “50% chance” of landing on heads or tails, but that doesn’t mean you will actually get a head every other flip when you actually flip the coin. There is a small chance that you will get tails 100 times in a row. And when you have a million players each of them flipping a coin 100 times, SOME of them are GUARANTEED to get tails every time and some will get heads every time.

1 Like

I Agree… I dont know why they didnt implement the questing from VT1 with a few improvements…

At this point I’d have to guess they are planning to sell us a new bounty board type system with a DLC, which IMO would just be sad.

Q&C was a free update in VT1. I see no reason to expect differently for VT2.

1 Like

I play with 3 other people every day for at least 3 hours every day. Among 4 of us we’ve got 1 red since patch. (Mostly play champion 3b2g runs)
On top of that it seems that recently the number of emperor chests has reduced significantly (as previous posters have noted)

This is exactly why you shouldn’t be quick to spread rumours of “hidden nerfs”. Like I said, people are just innately terrible at this kind of thing. The actual odds of flipping tails 100 times in a row? One to 1.3x10^30. This wouldn’t be “guaranteed”, or even especially probable, to have happened even if all 7 billion people alive today had been flipping coins all day long since the Big Bang.

People will get screwed/blessed by RNG, yes. But almost everybody will have up and downs, not just ups or downs. That’s just how RNG works.

Lastly, VT1 had Q&C, and pity timers on DLC drops, etc. to take the edge of the RNG loot system. We can expect more of that from VT2, I’m quite sure. Fatshark are still mostly concerned with core gameplay bugs, etc. at the moment, IMHO.

1 Like

Its just strange that almost everyone has those downs since the patch…

Based on anecdotes? Again: relying on anecdotes to estimate drop rates or changes in drop rates is so anti-scientific it hurts. You’ll need actual data, my friends. Even asking the question “does it seem like you’ve had less emperor’s chests lately” is a non-starter, as the mere suggestion will bias people’s recollections.

Data. There’s simply no substitute. Not even code-mining because code doesn’t always behave as expected because bugs.

EDIT: typo

1 Like

Then get me data! This is what im saying. Since FS does not publish any real info (insert your DATA) the only source you can get some kind of insight that what was changed in the game is user experience, and others feedback… And since im really not alone with this new phenomenon, that means something got f.cked up intentionally/unintentionally, resulting in significantly less emp chests, thanks to something since 1.0.5+, and the baseline RNG dependant loot system…

I’ll jump right on that! /s

My point is that you must treat the speculation you’re seeing about “hidden nerfs” as speculation if you want to be taken seriously.

No, it’s not. Here’s what you do: write down the type of chest you opened, what your hero level was when you opened it, and what you got from it. Repeat. Now get your friends to do the same thing. Pool the results and analyze them. This is what we did to work out the odds of getting a red on a roll of 6 in Cata for VT1.

Concluding that “something got f&#ked up” based on some anecdotes after all these posts… I guess my work here is done!

POSTER: INCORRIGIBLE.

1 Like

thats why i wrote this in feedback, and not as a bureport or something else…

3man premade all 30 all getting generals in 80+% of our game sessions in full runs on QM with 0-1-2 dices, as you can see in my original post. My main problem is not the content of the chest, but the chest itself.

Ever heard of different opinions? Nevermind… your work here is done. RNG got fixed, the game got patched, FS gave us details on the ingame interface, ALL thanks to one individual that fought to silence game feedback on forum with “unchallangable reasoning”, ah f.ck this why do i even waste my time on you…

1 Like

They might gate the new cosmetics and paintings and decorations and stuff behind a new Bounty Board system included only with the DLC.

This is just conjecture though. They might decide to suddenly sell loot boxes. Theres no evidence of that going to happen but who knows it might happen.

Reds have 0 impact on your grind. They are merely a cosmetic item with 0.2% better stats than Orange item.

I have no idea what sort of math you are using but if you want to get technical the real odds of flipping tails 100 times in a row are 1/2^100, or 7.9e-31. I should have used a smaller number of flips or a large number of people to justify the use of “guaranteed” but in the case of loot boxes the rng chance isn’t anywhere close to 50% either, that I can guarantee. With current drop rates of reds I certainly can guarantee there are players putting in an exorbitant amount of gametime with no reds, or no reds they actually use, to show for it, especially considering the large number of underpowered or useless weapons and the possibility of dupes.

And I didn’t spread rumors of “hidden nerfs”, I specifically said in my anecdotal experience Emperor’s boxes seem much more rare than before 1.05

But almost everybody will have up and downs, not just ups or downs. That’s just how RNG works.

“Almost everybody” isn’t everybody, as I said. The core problem is unlucky people putting in time and skill and not getting any rewards, or rewards they can use, to show for it. Doubling the drop rate from 1.5% to 3% doesn’t fix this problem. It is very easy to ensure that ABSOLUTELY everyone DOES have ups and downs not just ups or downs, so it is mindboggling why such a fix hasn’t yet been implemented.

Lastly, VT1 had Q&C, and pity timers on DLC drops, etc. to take the edge of the RNG loot system. We can expect more of that from VT2

Yeah again that is part of my point, VT1 already had this stuff, so why in the hell is VT2 lacking stuff VT1 already had figured out? It was either a conscious decision to not include it thinking we’d enjoy the RNG fiesta more, or they’re planning on tying future reds/Cosmetics/Pictures to a Q&C system that will require DLC purchase, or the alternative that Fatshark simply sold us a game that was nowhere near ready for release and won’t get around to implementing features that were in the first game for another few months. Neither option is particularly flattering.

No they certainly have an impact on my “grind”. If I want to have fun I play with my friends I know are competent. If I’m going to spend time helping out randoms in Legend or lvl 15s queuing into Champion there better be some treasure at the end of that rainbow or it isn’t worth the hassle of trying to teach strangers simple gameplay such as “Don’t run off by yourself” and “Pick up these items” and “Stop shooting me Sienna”.

Most importantly, having reds is about having something to show off to others for the time and skill you’ve invested in the game. And it is about not needing to grind hundreds of green dust to get perfect rolls on Orange items to hit breakpoints for Legend.

If reds don’t matter to you then why don’t you advocate for them to be removed completely (Hint: it is because they do matter to you)