Drop rates after patch 1.0.5

I don’t think they will sell loot boxes. But at this point I do expect them to require you to buy the DLC to have access to whatever future cosmetics/reds/paintings/etc they come up with, and that the DLC will have something similar to the V1 Bounty Board that makes obtaining these items more reasonable and not strictly based on RNG chests.

I wouldn’t necssarily object to this actually (except for paintings originally being promised for the base game iirc). But I would still like a more reliable way to obtain the reds that are already in the base game.

Why do you expect them to? They said the next cosmetics and skins would be free. You have made up this DLC thing and stuck with it.

Also reds not mattering to you doesn’t mean you want them removed from the game. You can have one without the other.

Nice try.

This is your glaring fail that you can’t wish or bluster away. The odds I provided were indeed wrong, but you might note though that they were wrong in that they were too generous by an order of magnitude. My point, which is that you (and me, and everyone else) are terrible at estimating drop rates and should therefore be slow to read anything into their anecdotes, still stands.

To hammer the point home – this is exactly the problem. We all should be careful with probabilities, but we don’t tend to be. We tend to turn to our anedotes instead and take them seriously instead of treating them like quasi-jokes. What I told OP was that he had slim evidence of a “hidden nerf”. Agree or disagree?

Define “fix”. It would change the odds of people being truly unlucky (getting 0 reds) drastically. It would not make it impossible to be unlucky, no. You’ll notice that I addressed that point in my first reply to you. I’m not arguing that the current drop rate or loot system is perfect, I’m arguing that anecdotes are borderline useless for evaluating drop rates.

If you want my honest opinion, it’s C) “Fatshark won’t get around to implementing features that were in the first game for a while, yet”. I don’t think I can agree that it was “nowhere near ready for release”, but I agree that it came out lacking a lot of the polish we’d come to enjoy in VT1.

Cool story.
They only matter beacuse you think they do.
An Orange item with 5%crit and 18% crit power vs Red with 5% crit and 20% crit power is not a huge increase.

You dont need reds to do Legend.