Lowest item power to roll a t4 blessing?

Does anyone know the minimum item power you need to craft a t4 blessing by upgrading weapons? Blessing rarity seems to scale to item power in some way, though I have no idea what the specifics are. Low item power will roll t1-3, at 300 item power and above it seems like you can’t roll t1 and t2 is extremely rare.

The lowest t4 I have crafted was at 330 item power. But I have seen melk offer items with t4 blessings at only 314 power, and I have gotten emperor gifts with t4 blessings as low as 312 item power. But I’m not sure if any of those three are related, it may be possible that crafting using entirely different rules.

I rolled one on a 302 before. Its all random and the final upgrade is your best bet. Ergo with materials not consuming this is the time to upgrade your trash to max.

Does the last upgrade from purple to orange have a noticeably better chance of rolling a t4 than green to blue?

yes
20% chances to find a T4 blessing at blue.
60% chances to find a T4 blessing at orange.

These odds are just an idea, and are valid only for 375+ weapons.

Interesting chart…

All I can add from my own experience is that the lowest item I’ve crafted with a t4 was a 306, upgrading from green to blue. Since they seem to have buffed brunts armoury to no longer sell anything lower than 300, mass upgrading items from white to blue seems like a reasonably cheap way to farm t4s.

I doubt you will find 20% T4 blessing when consecrating to blue with a weapon that has a 300 quality.

Would you recommend to consecrate purple weapons with ~300 basestats (so weapons that I mostly receive from “Gift of the Emperor” as example) to Orange for the chance to get some T4 blessings???

My thought is that I have to spend “only” (yeah lol) ~600 plasteel to consecrate purple weapons??? Does this make sense?? Your opinion?

No… I would not craft 300 weapons at all. Waste of resources.
What I do is to take high quality weapons at shops and I craft them to orange.
Sometimes I take weapons at blue with a T1 blessing (but not with one T1 blessing I would want!!!)… I don’t care cause I know that there is 60% chances to get a T4 blessing at orange.

Actually, I look for ruthless backstab (combat blade). This is exactly what I will do cause I don’t want the T3 blessing (I already know it), but the T4 one. And there are less chances to get a T4 blessing at lower quality weapons.

Slight segue…

But has anyone else noticed/felt that since the recent “double unlock” patch, that Melk never has purple items with T4 blessings on them?

I used to hoover those up as a cheap(er) way to get T4 blessings for my pool, but I reckon since this last patch they’ve all but gone. Want a T4 blessing? You’ve got to buy gold.

You have just run out of luck.

Ss of a Melk’s weapon on my veteran:

Sidenote: i love MG XII with carapace perk. So useful the +25% damages against carapace with an infantry lasgun.

You can use Melk or craft a weapon. Try higher quality weapon.
If you search T4 blessings, you don’t care of correct distribution. Buy 375+ weapons, that don’t have the blessings you want on them, and craft them to orange.

Sidenote: use the current bug (feature?) that allow you to retrieve a large part of the plasteel you use.

Purple with t4 today’s melk shop:

i would say its at least double, but this is just observational.

also wouldnt say the power score has any affect most of my t4 bless fishing is done with junk purple/blue items from rewards/shops

no… i have noticed there seems to be a lot less of them and of course they only have the one bless so im only seeing 1-2 rolls a day now

Ok thx… I have many untouched grey/green/blue 375+ weapons … I will try it the way you meant… But man, that means “bye bye Plasteel… It was (not) a pleasure to bunker you”… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Use the bug until it lasts

ofc terrifying barrage…great…

they need more than 3 blessings for force staves, definitely can tell which class was the last one they made…

we were looking at T4 perk…

You know if you get two good perks, you can change the two blessings. I have several weapons now, like that. This permits to test any blessing combination.

If you’re fishing for blessings, lower rating items will cost a little less (in the region of 10% I think) to consecrate. I’ve yet to see conclusive evidence that low-rating items have worse odds for rolling blessings. Ralendil has put in a lot of good work collecting numbers for the high rating end of the spectrum, but that can only inform us on that end of the spectrum

EDIT: getting greens from Brunt is a relatively cost effective way to fish for blessings, since you only have to pay <200 plasteel for the blue upgrade

If you’re looking for a weapon to use, crafting a low-rating item is not ideal - the stat breakdown will ultimately tell you if it’s good or not, but the higher stat point allocation is more likely to give you a better result. The rating number is just an at-a-glance indicator.

Correct.
However, at the high end of spectrum, you have something like 3 times more chances to get a T4 at orange than at blue.
But I am curious to see what you would get with weapons that has a 300 quality.

The last sample I took (or which I no longer have the screenshots and never put them into a spreadsheet), I got

10x T3
5x T4
1x T2

From upgrading 8 <340 items. Not statistically significant sadly, hence me wanting to gather more info. My hunch would align with your observations, in that orange upgrades have higher odds of T4 than blue upgrades. Just need more numbers to prove/disprove it!

Please do.

16 is not a lot… however it gives an idea.
I would have think it would have been worst.