[Crafting] Suggestion: 2nd Blessing on 370+ (modifiers) weapons should always be Lv4

Hey there,

The idea is simple; All weapons with high enough modifiers (370+) should be getting a guaranteed Lv4 second Blessing

The reasoning;

• If the 2nd blessing is always a Lv4 then you know that you have a chance to get the blessing you need.
  • You can increase the chance to get the blessing you need at lv4 as a second blessing by sacrificing one of the locks to change the 1st blessing to something you don’t want right before upgrading the weapon to transcendent. This way you improve the odds to make a better weapon but you give something in return.
  • Finding a base mod 380 weapon with good stat allocation is VERY rare therefore you were already lucky enough to get one. Now you should need slightly less luck to upgrade it into a good weapon. This suggestion does exactly that.
  • It’s still RNG so we are not going too far away from Fatshark’s intentions with the crafting RNG

I think this would be a small step towards the right direction.
I’ve noticed that Fatshark doesn’t want to make extreme changes all at once which is the reason I am not suggesting something like “just remove the locks”

2 Likes

It’s sad that we have to negotiate and fight for baby steps, but here we are

6 Likes

or make it so that there’s 2 370+ in peddler’s store every refresh. why did they nerf him so much when they made brunts. if you check the store at max level there should always be something worth buying, the RNG could be in what’s there. not what’s there + 0.3% odds for 380s and generally less than 10% for 370.

1 Like

At 375, you have something like 70% to get a T4 blessing when crafting at orange.

1 Like

For me it’s about 30% to get a T4 and 20% to get a T2, leaving 50% T3.

Where are these numbers coming from? Is this just anecdotal, or has someone started collecting a larger data set and crunching the numbers on it?

I’ve seen this kind of thing mentioned multiple times, but nobody has provided a source to back it up other than a handful of crafts/gut feeling.

1 Like

Not enough weapons crafted

Will communicate when I will reach, at least, 50 crafted to orange…

2 Likes

I’m all for stats collection! Thanks.
Are these numbers attached to the items’ base level too? So that it’s impact is visible in crafting “success”.

Yes
Only 375+.
under that, you have less chances to get a T4 blessing.

even if the numbers are right you are basically confirming that you have 1/3 chance to ruin a very rare weapon.
Keep in mind that finding a 375+ WITH proper stat allocation is already difficult.

If you disagree please feel free to do some statistics about ordo docket spending in the armory to get a 375+ with good stat allocation. Or even better, tell us what the % was out of all the times you rolled.

Oh, cool, actual numbers :smile: I had started gathering numbers a while back for the low end of the spectrum (mostly <320, but overall <340 rating) but I got lazy

What weapon type(s) did you upgrade? I wonder if the presence of blessings which are not present at each tier (e.g. Bloodthirsty being T4 only) impacts the distribution in any way, or if the game first rolls for the tier then rolls for a blessing within that tier

Anything I can find interesting and that I could get without using Brunt…

My feeling, but it cannot be only a feeling, is that it works by quality. You get more chances to find a T4 blessing with higher modifiers. And you get these blessings like any other blessing.
What I am not sure is… are these blessings more rare? in other words, does FS modify the odds for the blessings that are tied to a tier? Here I don’t know the answer.

Remove the locks. Remove the RNG.

1 Like

As said in the first post, it seems that for the time being Fatshark doesn’t want to remove the locks.

My guess is they will do it once they stop releasing new content for Darktide (which means once the game goes on “maintenance mode”)
Until then, we need to come up with decent ideas that work to the player’s benefit without violating the current regime

one step at a time

1 Like

You make it sound like we’re negotiating with a dictator, lmao. Here’s a better idea: play a different game until Fatshark implements the changes you want to see. If everybody were to stop playing the game, then Fatshark will catapult under the pressure.

In my opinion, and must say that you can disagree, you can find pretty easily blessings T4 at 375+

But the main problem is to get a 375+ weapon that you want to craft. Cause, to get that, you have to buy it from the shops.
Honestly, Brunt is the problem.
We can’t find 375+ without spending millions at Brunt. And that’s the main problem of the crafting system

Precision: the problem is not that you won’t get decent base weapon at Brunt… you can find a good 360+ (and even sometimes a 375+). However, the odds to get a T4 blessings are lowered by the quality of a weapon. This means that getting a weapon close to 380 is the best way to find T4 blessings.
And Brunt is a poor shop to get several high quality weapons.

Having 40 000 shops you need to check is just stupid overall. They should just add some post run event like Ranald in V2 or or even like in Honkai star rail (lol) Peddler comes out from the valkyrie caring up weapon crate then open it - boom your mission reward - 3 items and hide hub loading behind it. For Melk’s shop better to be like contracts in V1 - pin item you want and work for it. Or even order several items you want and after contracts are done he deliver your order, so psykers actually can get some class specific weapons. Rest shops - cosmetics.

Anything would be better than the current method we have to get base weapons…

What we need is a way to get decent base weapons (so, for now, close to 380). If you have a decent base weapon, you can get easily T4.

After that… they will need to balance blessings and weapons to make all of them useful. And also, if they could remove from the pool perks that are totally useless, it would be really great.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.