KNOWN ISSUE: Penances Not Awarded After Disconnection/Crash, Despite Appearing in Steam Achievements

We are aware of and looking in to an issue where some players are not receiving completion for Penances after a disconnection or crash, despite it appearing in Steam Achievements.

Whilst we are looking at underlying issue, we apologise that we are not able to manually complete Penances for players at this time.

UPDATE:

UPDATE 2:

Please help us out by including the information listed below in your report:

Name of Penance:

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

1 Like

Issue Description:
I unlocked

Inquisitorial Recruit, The helmet, On Target (1), Dutiful, Vantage point. But the game is not registering this. What could be wrong?

Crash Report (If Applicable):

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
7/7 on the Vantage Point

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Get the achievements I wrote on top, but I am not getting them in the game itself.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Zaj
Zajihat

During the servers went down on the 23/11/2022 @ 16:13 GMT

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:

4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2022-11-23-16.09.23-c13e5b0e-e60e-4fb5-b252-b3fb78d88f41.log (44.0 KB)
    console-2022-11-23-16.29.50-4d57ef81-2dc5-465a-98c1-5798fd629112.log (196.4 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (542.9 KB)

I guess itā€™s because servers are lagging wild now.

Our servers are experiencing some serious disruption at current, please bear with us whilst we work to iron this out.

We are also working on the underlying issue of Penances not being awarded correctly in these situations.

1 Like

Thank you Julia!!

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Abhor the Mutant

As the Preacher, kill a charging Mutant with a melee attack while Dashing.

According to steam, and also when i played 23.11. klo 18.18 today tier 3 match i got the Zealot/Priest Penance done (Abhor the Mutant) when our group completed the match was time to exprewards and money, but nothing happened and then i got error (backend) or something like that and i could not log in to the gameā€¦after i managed to log in, in DID NOT get the Penance done and didnt get the costume reward from it. So i am missing this penance and costume.
So can you fix this thank you.
In the same match i also got another penance done, where you have to succeed on tier 3 match not shooting any weapons, for that i got costume, dont remember the penance name.
Its just weard that i got the other penance done and reward for it, but not the other. When the game showed me the pictures of these both penance reward costumes during fight.
In all this quest and the hit sniper whit stun grenade and the Other dudes kill 5
whit grenade what cant bounceā€¦are ridiculously too hard quests, you just get those if you are luckyā€¦enoughā€¦and these penances should be changed.

But can i have my Abhor the Mutant done, please.

Name in steam and in game is: Dr.SwitchOff
SteamID: 76561198007901866

Issue Description:

[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Attempt to pick up the second Grimoire
  3. Crash

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

5. Upload here

5. Upload here

darktide_launcher.log (621.7 KB)

I hope this helps.

(post deleted by author)

Sorry about this. Weā€™re working on the server disruption and the underlying issue of Penances not being awarded correctly, but we cannot manually complete the Penance for you due to us being in a Beta state.

1 Like

Thats a shame, i hope you modify the penances expacially whit Priest and Sharpshooter class, that the penances are not so ridiculously hard.

I was mid-mission during a downtime, and during it, I got the penance ā€œMarked for Deathā€, but upon the mission ending, I was kicked to the main menu. Loading back in, I got nothing from the mission, but more importantly, lost the penance, one Iā€™d been trying to get for days. (Iā€™m not a very good shot hehe)

Thankfully, the penance is also a Steam achievement, so itā€™s easy to prove I got it.

I donā€™t care about the mission rewards, but I really donā€™t want to have to try and get this again, which I only got by pure luck blind firing into a crowd with an autogun. Also Iā€™m sorry to be the 86th ā€œNo penance : (ā€ post.

UPDATE: I have since reacquired it again (Maximum blick to a Beast of Nurgle)

Sorry about this. Weā€™re working on the server disruption and the underlying issue of Penances not being awarded correctly, but we cannot manually complete the Penance for you due to us being in a Beta state.

My Steam account shows the achievement, as it got it during the mission and it recorded it ingame at the time. At the end a player DCā€™d, so we waited. Once we got into the debrief section where it tracks XP and Currency, we were unable to click continue. We received an error called BackEnd Issue, and it DCā€™d us to the login screen.

Issue Description:

N/A

BackEnd Issue

Steps to Reproduce:

1.Attained Long Bomb Achievement in mission. Steam recorded it. Ingame it gave notification.
2. Beat mission, took off in ship
3. At summary screen, was unable to hit space to continue
4. Received notice of ā€œBackEnd Errorā€ or something to that effect.
5. Booted me to Login Screen
6. Ingame Penance not received for Long Bomb
7. Steam accurately records it

Platform:
[Steam]

Haveloc:
Draygon

11/23/2022, 11:28AM, Eastern

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Once

console-2022-11-23-15.51.49-eb0a09c4-0c30-4f7b-b5f0-49161933baf5.log (225.4 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (525.2 KB)

Upload Console Log:

5. Upload here

5. Upload here

Sorry about this. Weā€™re working on the server disruption.

I completed the ā€œShocking Stuffā€ Penance during a mission, then the server outage happened and when i got back in the penacne isnā€™t completed, but says i have 50/50 completed. I tried doing it again but i wouldnā€™t work. I have the steam achievement for getting it as well.

Steam profile: Stekasa

17.00 cet

Everything is not working as it should be at the moment. Weā€™re on the case.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Completed new repair mission. All penances completed are still grey and got a backend error after completion screen.
-Inquisitorial Recruit 7/7 completed but gray and no reward unlock
-Interrogator (3) completed but gray
-Beat-'em-Up 7/7 completed but grey no reward
-Bone 'Ead (1) missing completed Beat-em-Up no reward

Did not receive a crash report

Backend Error

Power Matrix

Platform
Steam

Player ID:
76561197961602471 / Shiluzzy

[11/23/2022, 08:10 AM] [PST]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-23-15.38.13-cfe7c32d-4091-403a-8697-19c9a7c58628.log (177.5 KB)
console-2022-11-23-16.05.36-56c186f0-f22d-4aa9-b0fb-8e2bdad57160.log (35.9 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (804.0 KB)

Servers are experiencing some serious disruption currently, everything is awry.

As the Preacher, kill a charging Mutant with a melee attack while Dashing.

This was allready wieved by your staff, but i forgot to mention thatā€¦in game Penance i did Abhor the Mutant dont show and didnt get reward, but in Steam it shows that i did it?
Will this cause any problems in game to acguire this penance again?

According to steam, and also when i played 23.11. klo 18.18 today tier 3 match i got the Zealot/Priest Penance done (Abhor the Mutant) when our group completed the match was time to exprewards and money, but nothing happened and then i got error (backend) or something like that and i could not log in to the gameā€¦after i managed to log in, in DID NOT get the Penance done and didnt get the costume reward from it. So i am missing this penance and costume.
So can you fix this thank you.
In the same match i also got another penance done, where you have to succeed on tier 3 match not shooting any weapons, for that i got costume, dont remember the penance name.
Its just weard that i got the other penance done and reward for it, but not the other. When the game showed me the pictures of these both penance reward costumes during fight.
In all this quest and the hit sniper whit stun grenade and the Other dudes kill 5
whit grenade what cant bounceā€¦are ridiculously too hard quests, you just get those if you are luckyā€¦enoughā€¦and these penances should be changed.

But can i have my Abhor the Mutant done, please.

Name in steam and in game is: Dr.SwitchOff

SteamID: 76561198007901866

Issue Description:

[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Attempt to pick up the second Grimoire
  3. Crash

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:

Reproduction Rate:

Upload Console Log:

5. Upload here

5. Upload here