KNOWN ISSUE: 'On Overwatch' and 'Untouchable' penances not completing

We’ve received several reports regarding both of these penances being impossible to complete. Since they’re both a “Don’t take any damage” penance, we think this might be related. We’re looking into the cause of the issue, in the meantime all threads will be merged here to keep them in one place.

4 Likes

Issue Description:
Untouchable penance, as described in-game, does not currently proc for appropriate damage-free runs. We had a pre-made and defended this helpless Zealot through the entire run and I confirmed she took zero damage throughout entirety of run (Sedition level) yet got no penance completion.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
Refinery Delta 17 - Disruption - Sedition

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[SteamID of user that did not get the penance completed: infectmeinjectme]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/30/2022, 19:56 EST]

6 Likes

I can confirm it too.
It didn’t cound for me aswell.

Date: 2022.12.02 22:08 EST
Game version: 1.0.13
Blood Pressure: 40k (just kidding)

2 Likes

Same here. Completed a mission without taking any health damage, corruption damage, etc… Nothing.

1 Like

Same here, did it with no health damage (but some toughness) - no Untouchable.

1 Like

It would really help if you guys could provide some console logs of a session where you’ve had this happen.

You may find these by doing the following:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
1 Like

I just had this happen in a mission as well. I took meticulous care and constantly monitored my HP, which never dipped so much as a single point below full, nor accrued any corruption. Rather frustrating. Attached are session logs (The mission in question was the last mission I played), hope they are helpful!

console-2022-12-03-14.45.02-a2ac36e6-d5ec-4161-9e51-6d1fc5cde639.log (607.6 KB)

2 Likes

I believe these are the console logs that contain that mission session.

console-2022-12-01-00.22.11-7408067e-b20e-4c4a-bdcf-3e319567bca0.log (509.2 KB)

2 Likes

Just beat a malice difficulty without taking any health damage. No penance completion.

console-2022-12-04-03.04.14-1202a062-7a2d-4479-9215-5bfbaa4a0932.log (520.1 KB)

1 Like

Something just occurred to me, can any of you confirm that you did this while being in the mission from the very beginning all the way to the end?

Yes, my S/O and I were partied up and started the mission with a third strike-team member. We had no disconnects throughout the mission.

1 Like

Same with “On Overwatch”, I played to get this pennance and acheivement most of the day. I got a dog attack (no HP dmg) or some corrutpion form grims for example. Later on I did 2 runs without ever getting melee/special hit, did not count on both occasions. Can you maybe clarify requirements for this achievement, maybe I am missing something ?

1 Like

I’ll get back to you when I get more info!

I can confirm that the penance is not working as expected.
I have started the mission by myself, not disconnected during the whole mission, no damage taken at all and yet no penance at the end of the mission nor in the debriefing screen. I have already done 3 times the whole thing in different missions and nothing. For the amount of people having the same issue I guess we can say it is more than confirmed. This is one of the logs.
console-2022-12-04-17.22.18-657c4d1e-5ce9-466f-9348-6f6f4b3797bb.log (244.5 KB)

Thanks a lot, awaiting a reply for sake of other players.
I managed to get “On Overwatch”. T3 Mission, no secondaries, I somehow was able to avoid EVER getting hit in melee, doggos, mutant grabs, etc. So maybe you cannot get hit at all, even with full Toughness, not a single swing can land on you ?

I have figured out the issue with the penance, I think. I made a separate thread about it already, and I posted it here.

Players currently take chip damage while at above 100 toughness that does fractions of a single damage point - at least in melee, not sure about ranged. This breaks the Untouchable penance by making you take less than one damage, but can also round up to full damage points.

Here is a repeat of the text from the other thread:

Issue Description:
Players currently take decimal point chip damage even with toughness at about 300.

The “Untouchable” penance issue turns out to not be an issue with the penance itself either: The issue is instead caused by the fact that you currently take decimal chip damage that, even if it is never rounded up to 1, still does above 0 damage. This is why the Untouchable penance fails every time you get hit by anything at all.

You do not actually take 0 damage with above 100 toughness, you take 0.x points of damage. These can eventually stack up enough to do full points of damage, too.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play any mission as Veteran Sharpshooter (mine has about 300 toughness with curios)
  2. Place down medicrate for testing purposes
  3. Get hit by a single poxwalker
  4. See how the screen lights up green for a moment because the medcrate just healed you for less than 1 damage

Alternatively, keep refreshing toughness while getting hit. You will eventually lose full health points, just very slowly.

Platform:
Steam

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
4th of December 2022.

Frequency of issue:
Constant (100%)

6 Likes

console-2022-12-04-17.08.57-e6fddf04-b75b-49d2-a989-4924ca61c930.log (578.7 KB)
Here are my consol logs of a failed Untouchable run. No damage to health but still failed. Also I was the one who started the mission.

1 Like

console-2022-12-04-19.37.03-6a2dfcd8-d13c-41cc-89b2-2a69d98a8302.log (670.0 KB)
No damage, started right from the start of the mission

1 Like

console-2022-12-04-17.42.56-0d11bc3d-e36b-4ffe-bd07-e8419ac0c92b.log (787.9 KB)

I know I completed a mission today with 0 health damage taken. I’m not sure if the one I uploaded is the same one. I completed at least 8 missions today but don’t see that many in my logs folder. Anyways I didn’t get the penance, I did start to finish without any crashes on Malice difficulty.

1 Like