KNOWN ISSUE: Penances Not Awarded After Disconnection/Crash, Despite Appearing in Steam Achievements

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
Around 17:25 CET there was a backend error after I successfully finished the 7th map that became available today.
Due to this the character solved some penances and got some features unlocked (a new frame and such) because several achievements waited for the 7th map to be played.

But the backend error caused inconsistencies now:
I recognized I had 0 of both ingame currencies and restarted the game. They values are now back but the penances are broken and the unlocks are not available:
The two penances are listed as almost done but with progression of 7/7 and the penance points or however they are called are set to 0.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:
probably none, requires backend error during mission debriefing screen while penances are unlocked

Mission Name (If Applicable):
the new repair mission introduced today

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
GamerTag: Hicks

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/23/2022, ~17:20-17:25 CET

Reproduction Rate:
Once

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-23-15.45.19-af39a861-2546-4f45-9b03-cc5d3f4c3a1f.log (291.2 KB)
console-2022-11-23-16.23.39-ac38cab3-439f-4100-bf24-03d5b4e9abc3.log (227.1 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (720.7 KB)

Server crash at 10:09 am caused Pennaces to be perma locked.

Steps to Reproduce:
can’t it involed finishing the level, then crashing from servers.

new repair mission

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
(Steam Community :: Alphoris)

11-23-2022, 10:00AM [PST]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<1%

1 Like

even more evidence

we then tried another heresy+ run and redo the penances, it didnt help because the game thinks we already have the penance!

2 Likes

You’re sadly not the only one, it seems like EVERYONE who did a repair mission and had that crash happen got screwed. I’m locked out of my Ogryn Helmet because of it.

2 Likes

i have same problem i cant open sharpshooter helmet

same thing here.

1 Like

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
During mission I completed 2 penances for the preacher, including one that gave a Steam achievement “Buying Time” for which I was meant to receive a cosmetic item. When the post-mission screen came up the game crashed due to backend error. When logging back in the penances were still marked as incomplete despite having received the Steam achievement.

Achievement is marked as unlocked at 15:56.

Steps to Reproduce:
Unknown

Ammo heist, unsure exact name

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Player name - Broheim
Steam URL - Steam Community :: Broheim

11/23/2022, 16:10, GMT

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Edit - Hopefully uploaded correct one this time
console-2022-11-23-15.43.42-0938f4d1-81d9-4293-a68b-dcdde641da7b.log (152.3 KB)

1 Like

Yep, same here.

Issue Description: Completed Power Matrix HL-17-36 on difficulty I Repair objective, and was awarded completion of Penances “Inquisitorial Recruit” and “Praise The God-Emperor!”. After rebooting Darktide the achievements are not considered complete despite having their requirements fulfilled. Even after redoing the mission, the penances are still are considered incomplete.

Steps to Reproduce:
I reckon you just attempt to complete penances during a Back End error.

Mission Name:
Power Matrix HL-17-36; Sedition Difficulty, Repair objective.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Player name - Ziegeld

11/23/2022 @ 11:45 EST

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload darktide launcher log:

console-2022-11-23-15.34.19-47861935-3323-4fc1-a52e-e3db19056677.log (326.5 KB)

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Completed first run of the new power cell coolant mission to complete the Vantage Point Penance, crashed once during the level but reconnected and was granted the Penance completion at the end of the level, see screenshots. At the ending party screen where you press “space” to continue, the screen was either frozen or bugged because there was no countdown timer and pressing continue did nothing. Immediately after I disconnected and was unable to connect again with a “back end error” or some kind until several minutes later. Upon reloading my character, the cosmetic unlocks were not granted to me and the Vantage Point Penance now shows 7/7 but incomplete.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue.]
Game crash after mission ended before reloading the hub?

Coolant or Power Cell mission

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
Steam ID haq

11/23/2022 ~9am pst

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload Console Log:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

console-2022-11-23-16.31.39-0e8eb36c-3be2-48c2-b62f-217a4d5599b2.log (176.3 KB)
I think this is the right one…

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

I don’t know if there is any code to post or logs for this, I just completed the on overwatch penance quest, I got the achievement for it, and on the mission end screen, it showed unlocked items.
However, when I checked the cosmetics were still locked and the penance quest said it was not completed. It would be annoying to have to do this very challenging penance again after it proceed but did not work

1 Like

i had the same thing happen with the ogryn where i did the mission where you have to stay in coherency radius with the full party whole game did it multiple times and it never registered really annoying

1 Like

Yeah, with how hard some of these are, its really annoying to know I can spend hours trying, finally do it, then just not get it.

1 Like

Issue Description:
Finished the new repair mission and now both the “Finish Each Mission Type as Ogryn” and “Finish Each Mission Type on Sedition” are locked at 7/7.

They proc’d during the end screen but do to a backend error from the server I was booted back to the main title splash screen and upon relogging in they were locked at 7/7 and replaying a Repair mission does not fix the issue.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play a mission of each type on Ogryn.
  2. When the mission concludes have a backend server error occur
  3. Log back in
  4. Complete a repair mission.

Power Matrix HL-17-36

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

[11/23/2022, 11:00AM EST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-23-16.01.34-68c5d604-c437-4719-96a9-ebc7126c3675.log (39.6 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (586.9 KB)

i have completed a penance at the mission end but the game crash an now my penance is 7/7 but is considered not completed. does anyone know how to clear this ?

Issue Description:

Completed “One In The Chamber” but it didn’t unlock reward or marked as complete in ‘Penance’ tab.

Probably happened because upon extraction, the game froze at scoreboard and had to alt + F4 .
No log pop up in response to this issue cuz Alt+F4 out of there.

Player ID:
Steam : Well-Done Pony Steak

We kindly ask that you] complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
I completed the last mission for my Vantage Point penance as the servers went down today. Now the penance is showing as 7/7, but is uncompleted and the cosmetic is not available. I tried running another mission to ‘refresh’ it, but that didn’t do anything.

Platform:
Steam

11:00 AM EST, 11/23/2022

Cosmetic awards are not being granted for completed achievements. Please see attached screenshot. This happened after I loaded in following a server crash.

Steam

Player ID:

11/23/22 11:30AM EST

Constant (100%)

1 Like

To add more detail to the previous post, I got a notification that I successfully completed the achievement “Buying Time.” It is also in my Steam achievement records, but it has not registered as “completed” in-game and is still listed as “almost done.” I have also not received the associated reward pants. Thanks

i have this similar issue: after the game crashed steam gives me the achivement but the game does not, i want my cosmetic!

Same here

Issue Description:
Penance Cosmetic not being issued

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]
Loaded in after server crash

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

0830 Pacific.

23-Nov-2022

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)