Vermintide 2 - Patch 2.0.8

Oh man! be careful with that goto and spaghetti code :scream:

Whatā€™s happening Iā€™m stuck in an endless cycle.

Out of memory.

3 Likes

Sigterm on dev jocks^^ that s funny but not the topic :wink:

The topic is that we have to wait - once again - WEEKS/MONTHS on them to unf*ck basic stuff and get on to talent and weapon balancing.
And then we havenā€™t even touched on further content additions.

3 Likes

What do you mean ?

I mean when we can expect stuff that we actually asked them for for 1+ year.

1 Like

Is this about dedicated server or other stuff ?

Nah, dedicated servers were a utter lie since V1, I never once expected them to happen.
I mean the complete ā€œslap on any mutator - including winds- on the map I wanna play and reward me accordinglyā€, this would make deed rework, weekly, twitch, etc - probably even weaves obsoleteā€¦
And a set of at least 3 maps.
And fleshing beastmen out to a FULL faction instead of the current half-a-faction.
I ignore cosmetics, donā€™t really care about weapons, we can see they are already recycling stuff, at this point Iā€™m waiting for a dual wield / shield weapon for Sienns and sh*t like that.

2 Likes

I think Deeds rework could do this.

I think they will think too literally and really only rework deeds instead of creating this mode.

1 Like

All new weapons are different from existings one in their own way

First, servers werenā€™t and arenā€™t a lie. We invested thousands and thousands of dollars and hundreds and hundreds of man hours on it. The notion that this is a lie is madness.

As for other system changes, weā€™ll get there. Will it be what you have outlined? Maybe not. But we have an idea of what a cool deed system might look like for example. We just want to change it once and do it right.

12 Likes

I can accept that until a point even you guys believed that dedicated servers might happen. But since you donā€™t admit that this route is not viable either technically or financially, it shifts into a lie, because you do not give a definitive answer of yes or no.

As for the deed rework, Iā€™m actually really interested in how you want to top what I have outlined, but - as usual - we will not see anything until itā€™s done. And just look at Weaves, how well that worked out for youā€¦

1 Like

On the topic of the patch . . .
For me, at least, backstab sounds seem to be working again, thatā€™s good. I dunno if you adjusted bots being more prompt about picking you up in general, but I actually didnā€™t have any issue with that (only went down twice, though, so not a big sample size).

Still having frame drops at regular intervals - this is with nothing extraneous running, no mods, on absolutely minimal settings. Skaven hordes are the worst offenders, but it can occur during Chaos hordes and when absolutely nothing is happening. I was using Rapier on WHC, so itā€™s pretty fast, and while I did have some phantom swings, it wasnā€™t as bad as it was on Handmaiden with SnD, so that might be an improvement.

1 Like

Fear!

1 Like

Personally I think that Vermintide melee is not top flight at all. There are games that are much better done in this aspect. I recommend you to check for example For Honor or Mordhau or other genre weight games like Kingdom Come or ā€œSouls likeā€ games (Sekiro - great game)

I ll just post this here

New develop branch (lets say WoM) fork from master (or production or live or whatever youā€™re calling the live branch)

• If you create a hotfix : fork from master with a nice name : hotfix/whoosh_sound_fix
  • merge to your test branch and validate

if validation is ok

• merge to master / release / production / live whatever
  • merge to ongoing development branches like development/wom branch aswell :laughing:

Itā€™s not rocket science.

I m sure there are other issues. The branching model might be different with shitty pipelines (you have to get started at some point) automating things poorly in there. Anyway, there cleary is an issue but as stated in my previous post, itā€™s getting better soā€¦ baby steps right?

1 Like

And now management will forbid talking about how things get done by FS, so that there wonā€™t be any trashtalk regarding how they do things. :rofl:

2 Likes

Of course itā€™s always easy to post things like that on a forum when you are not facing issue & pressure to release (especially in the gaming industry)

Again, not blaming anyone or pointing fingers.

2 Likes

Welcome to software developerā€™s world. One more day in office. And donā€™t forgetā€¦ 20$