Vermintide 2 - Patch 2.0.8

20$ can hardly be called greedy compared to every other game out there.
Left 4 Dead 2 which did add some new specials and new weapons was sold “full price” as a new game entirely despite being additions (point taken, they’ve got a lot of maps done).
Vermintide 2 did sell you new specials and new weapons (and a mode you don’t like that is still there, and a new difficulty) for 20usd, and even if you add the 2 others “maps dlc”, you still don’t attain L4D2 full price when it went out.

2 Likes

I still see this as forcing me to buy something I don’t want - Weaves -, to get my hands on stuff I would actually pay for - the rest.
So, once this goes to 50% sale I will get it, but not right now.

Well, unfortunately, in a lot of games, you can’t cherry pick what you want and what you don’t want in the DLCs, and it’s kinda understandable. Especially because it would really be detrimental to the new modes/difficulty population as a whole.

3 Likes

I don’t know how high in the food chain Hegde is, but him telling us they value our feedback and then having the decision makers actually doing it?
So buying it now and then just simply ignoring what I don’t want could send the wrong message. They could interpret it so, that the expansion is a success and that they could/should continue in the direction they took now. Withholding money might actually have the desired effect. Only time will tell…

full of bugs too?

When are you going to work in iterations instead of big bang releases? So far the last approach hasn’t really paid off.

3 Likes

0.o

Servers might come with the vs mode so Host can’t ragequit when they’re losing.

BBB had a lot of splited opinions and hatefull comments in forums en reddit, then they disappeared. Is this because everybody left, or because they liked the changes after all? Maybe a mix of 2. Still it takes time to really understand the changes, a to make its mind to it. Small iteration will never be able to change the gameplay to something new. It would be cosmetic, weapons, or maps, but not a solution for a long lived problem. For the first time since ages in this game or v1, pretty much all weapons can be played.

And now each character has more than one correct build.

Not everything is perfect ofc. But we have to admit the good points instead of only acknowledge the bad ones

2 Likes

BBB = Big Balance (B)atch ?

Would it really have been that bad to do dodge first, then stagger and talents in the end in the months when WoM was developed and people could have gotten used to them gradually?

Bugs never decided of a game’s price.

I couldn’t disagree more.

First FS could have looked at the existing talents, then tweak those which were subpar/underutilized. Stagger could have been introduced and applied to shields only. Then introduce stagger talents. Weapon traits can be reworked individually. All these steps can be tweaked until they are at a good spot before moving on.

As for deeds:

You could first add a selection screen where you can select existing deed modifiers only and have those applied to the map. Then the weekly events could be added as modifiers. Then night mode. Then new modifiers.

If you are a developer and can’t look past the challenge of doing a big bang release you need to rethink and break up the problem into smaller parts.

Small iterations have been proven to be the best way to make progress in software development.

2 Likes

I agree with dodge first.
Kinda disagree on stagger changes (without anything else) as you don’t really need to be used to it. And it’s rather linked to talents.
So I would have bundled them anyway.

1- Nerf to Dodge first
2- Stagger + Talents
3- Mass + Stagger Resistance from enemies + Rebalance of weapons

1 Like

They could, but we wouldn’t have new builds.
Stagger applied to shield and weapons don’t change a thing. It would even have been counter productive to only have shield have bonus against staggered enemies instead of the whole team being able to use the fact that enemies have been staggered by a shield. (and it happens a freakin’ lot in cataclysm)
Stagger talents shouldn’t have been there for all careers (giving each career a more unique feel), but it’s kinda late now.

Deeds are not a “mutator mode”, they were designed as “random” first and foremost. Your system is not bad, but it ignores completely the original intent. If they want to go back on their intent, then it’s a good idea. If they don’t, then it’s a bad idea.

Indeed they do. But they should experiment first to see if they are able or not. What is important right now, is how they evolve, rather than what they try. They have every right to try stuff, as innovation comes with a lot of tries anyway.

Depends on the software mostly. Can be true or not for videogame purpose.

1 Like

I’m really upset that the best way to enjoy this update was to follow the advice given by reviews of WoM and disable the expansion. What a travesty. Now, I don’t see Beastmen anymore and the game is playable again. I highly regret the purchase of the expansion and I can now stomach all the 2.0 changes just fine.

Back to Legend and enjoying the talent changes. I’d like them to be a little more polished but I find it to be an improvement. Stagger needs to dominate less of each tree with few exceptions. Don’t force it down our throats and don’t cop out with a boring 7% power. You can do better than that.

Sienna burn build, Handmaiden crit build, Pyro ult spam, Ranger free bomb, etc are really fun addons. Currently playing around with teleport shade. More of these literal game changer talents when you have the time would be spectacular. Priority to making WoM not an udder (goat pun) embarrassment.

Beta

Beastmens need to be tuned , no doubt about that, but so are, most of the time, new things added into a game.

All talent don’t revolve around stagger (smiter, assassin), and 7% power is often worse, but on ranged class for breakpoints

1 Like

Big Balance Beta. The major overhaul of all weapons, tHP and some other things. Took place last autumn.
Link to steam forum announcement

Yeah, that would be a given…

We weren’t happy with the original intent. But hey, just make them random. Whatever. Same principles apply.

I just laid out how it could benefit the development cycles of Vermintide, so I’m not sure what your point is.

I’m not French but let me put it this way then:

You order a poulet au vinaigre and the chef makes it but fuc.ks up the sauce, so you kindly tell him which aromas are missing. He says OK, gets back to the kitchen, and when he comes out from the kitchen again (9 months later) he brings you Duck breast a l’Orange. You are looking at the duck breasts and say: WTF, I just wanted you to fix your poulet au vinaigre, I didn’t want no duck!!!

The chef leans over and says: “Trust me, I know better”

4 Likes