Short Straw Class Poll

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I disagree, slightly. My issue with the vet tree is that it just doesn’t feel flexible enough. Also, if you go for a pure commando or officer build it’s hard to feel relevant (even though you’re pretty impactful, if only the team actually needed you . . . Survivability though, this is my biggest issue with vet atm. This is in the realm of buffs/moving talent nodes.

Also, if anything I’d probably tune down the DMG on either the executioner tree (and other DPS carry trees for other characters too), or maybe just the guilty blessings if this is the case. Not sure where the problem is yet. But it’s pretty ridiculous that if I’m running helbore, XII or bolter that I can easily hit the 600-800k range, no sweat. I’ve seen others do more too. This is assuming there isn’t a psyker/ogryn/zealot DPS carry to hit up to 1mil in that run instead though no matter how sweaty I get trying to keep up. Mind you this isn’t in the overall DMG category, but the ranged one, or melee in zealot’s case. When you’re the only vet games can sometimes feel like you’re the only one playing a squad-based PVE game while everyone is is playing a SP FPS. Especially so if you have more than one squadmate with a DPS carry build.

I haven’t tested for it yet, but I like where crit stuff is at(power ceiling-wise). Crit builds feel viable now outside the handful of weapons that were before but only on Psyker and Zealot.

Here’s a few example posts where I’ve gone into detail with my issues for vet:

Survivability and UX:

Survivability:

Flexibility:

1 Like