[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.1 Content Update

I figured they said this because of it being common knowledge people were hoarding them / suggesting to hoard them XD maybe it was on Reddit that I was seeing it.

I’d imagine that trying to sort out who opened their chests when and for what reason and who deserves some kind of extra compensation would be a nightmare and just not worth it because there’s still going to be people who are annoyed, for example people that Fatshark gave some extra scratch tickets to and they still get the middle finger from RNG. Plus even though some people hoarded no one hoarded ALL their chests, so that would quickly turn into everyone saying “hey, where’s my free stuff that those people got?!” The devs addressed the issue to make it better for everyone going forward, I just don’t get feeling like you’re owed some kind of back compensation for time that you voluntarily spent playing the game. Do you like the game and are gonna keep playing? Then you’re gonna get the stuff anyway. Honestly I prefer it this way, I feel re-energized and now I have things to earn and it’s great.

My advice is to just play for a few days, the new Okri’s system is pretty dang sweet and between backdated chests for challenges and new ones you’ll probably be raking in the new items.

3 Likes

Yes to this, I’m certain.

1 Like

Blockquote I actually don’t really need anything

Then what are you complaining about?

Blockquote Just because you’re a pushover consumer doesn’t mean everyone else has to be.

Just because you are obviously an entitled sourpuss, doesn’t mean FS has to spoonfeed you.

Blockquote Your being a sucker doesn’t preclude other players … communicating that feedback to them.

Luckily, you being a sucker doesn’t preclude me from communicating my feedback to you either. Like that you’re throwing a tantrum which, to bridge the gap to the next point, definitely has the potential to scare away new players.

Blockquote Bringing in new players just to alienate them

Oh, now it’s suddenly and apparently bad for new players. Make up your mind, will you?!

Blockquote people have been complaining about since release

Now, how might they have done that? Did they look into the future to complain about the latest changes?

Blockquote because the reviews get worse and it gets even harder to bring in new customers

How about not writing unfairly bad reviews, just because not everything goes exactly as you like them to go? God, some gamers these days. Even worse snowflakes than Anti-SJWs on youtube.

Blockquote You do realize the reason there aren’t many players is specifically because of the kinda bullshit I’m pointing out, right?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it still is no bullshit. Changes to games happen, especially online games and more often than not new players profit by them more than long-time players. In turn long-time players usually have other advantages over the new ones. You are just sour because someone else might have an easier time reaching certain goals than you had. Well, what can I say, I find such behaviour just selfish and that is what you are, a selfish, tantrum-throwing, entitled sourpuss.

Have a nice evening, I’m outty.

3 Likes

Do you have an actual rational argument or are you just gonna Q_Q that someone isn’t as much of a pushover of a consumer as you? I laid out very logically and clearly what the problem is and why it’s a problem and all you’ve done is respond with impotent juvenile rage. Citing opinion as fact with nothing to back it up is meaningless.

6 Likes

I’ve played a couple of hours today when I got home from work. Let me just say that before this night I had 1 cosmetic item and 0 red items and about 203 hours of gameplay. When I entered the game tonight I had around 30 chests which were waiting me from finished challenges + I’ve played 5 more maps and did the dailys, so around 40 chests in total. When I opened everything I got 1 cosmetic and 2 red items (1 of which was Executioner sword which I wanted really badly :smiley: ).

All in all, I’m really happy, but starting from tomorrow I will begin to note every chest and every red/cosmetic that I get so I can have a better picture about the drops.
And yeah, look at that peak http://steamcharts.com/app/552500#1m

3 Likes

Just adding my opinion to the pile, pretty butt hurt, i agree with pretty much everything @Avar says.

Not sure how to feel that the only dev response to the fair arguments is ‘we can help you delete your save data’.

Being at a disadvantage because i bought the game before today (however arguably small it may be) is pretty awful.

Reward for preordering and helping the company, not only putting up with a mountain of bugs and unbalanced careers and weapons, but also getting a lower drop rate on the most important items (to me) in the game up until now leaves me feeling like i contributed for nothing and ive been taken advantage of.

7 Likes

How can you possibly frame it as being at a disadvantage?! You’ve earned loot, got achievements, leveled characters, had fun (I would hope), you log in today you’ll get a ton of chests for the various challenges you already did, play levels on legend because you can and get all the chests for things on those levels at the lower difficulties too. I’ve been practically drowning in chests and loot today, and I didn’t hoard any.

The only metric that you could possibly be at a disadvantage would be hours played per cosmetic, and even that will still involve a lot of RNG… and being THAT focused on cosmetics in this particular game is probably going to be disappointing no matter when you started playing.

With even a little playtime after launch it was pretty clear the game was in an Early Access state, even if not properly labeled that way. No one forced or even asked you to stick around and “put up with” anything. Your reward is getting to play an amazing game and be a part of the community and process.

4 Likes

I played enough V1 that i knew from the beginning i mostly care about cosmetics and reds, so thats how i frame it as a disadvantage.

I already logged in and claimed all my chests and only got 2 oranges from like 20 chests, only gave me more crafting materials lol.

Only reason why cosmetic focus is so nonexistent is because they went backwards from quests and contracts and had no secire methods of obtaining them, V1 i could literally wait for the quest i wanted and be rewarded with the cosmetic that i wanted.

My reward is getting to play the game? Thats what i payed for. Most games that have appreciative developers give you some sort of founder items or ‘you were here before anyone else’ hat or cosmetic frame or bloody anything. One portrait thats slightly different colour for playing the beta would shut me up, but evidently its too much to expect, since i should be happy i finally get closer to getting what i payed for 3-4 months ago.

6 Likes

When will the event quest be up?

1 Like

fair point, I’d like to see something like this for preorders as well.

4 Likes

It’s up now. Complete 10x QP for a skully frame.

1 Like

I can understand the perspective that,
The game bought was not the game advertised, as a result the time spent was not rewarded as it should have been. Therefore to truly make amends the missing items should be retroactively added.

It would probably serve fatshark well to add some form of compensation to sooth hurt feelings in the community and build up their rep.

However awarding that to only people who didn’t horde would be a terrible decision (and I’m saying this as a person who didn’t horde)

All the people who did horde would feel just as slighted and more justifiably so.
They have gone through exactly what the rest of us have, except they had the sense/luck to horde chests (that had its own down sides). You would be punishing them for good desicion making.

Having fatshark show favoritism to the a group like that would instantly create bad blood. Far better for them to be impartial to our individual suffering (as apposed to issues that are globally applicable) than to split the community into groups and show favoritism.

All this is only if you feel deceived by fatshark, otherwise its just complaining that other people get to benifit, because the game got better before they showed up (or made better decisions).
This would just be a matter of opinion, on whether or not being lucky is unfair.

If fatshark does do something it should go to everyone.
A 1 time event to earn a banner or a unique cosmetic item would be good.
This way all the players who have contributed so far would have an insurmountable advantage (if we are measuring success by cosmetics now) over newcomers.

Personally I don’t feel that I am owed compensation but it is to early to know what the general opinion is.

4 Likes

Over 50 chests opened. 2 Hats (1 for BH which i dont play at all). Over 60 vaults as i play only legend (around 6 reds - mostly duplicates)

Wish the reds had unique skin like in V1. Not just a blue color on them.

Not only do the most loyal players get screwed on the time they’ve already spent they get a double slap in the face by the challenge system entirely ignoring their past efforts and acting as if starting from scratch. Way to go FS.

1 Like

I agree 100%. Played personally Kerillian only for about 400h without a single cosmetic. Now I just feel horrible now since they want me to basically start over. I would be glad if Fatshark addressed this issue in some way. I really feel like some refund/compensation is required since all we have done is play this game that is getting features very late that should have been since the beginning.

2 Likes

How’s that a good thing?!

Severely? Really?

They’ve been missing like 100 green dust from coms chests, which equals to 2 rerolls, and that’s it. Legend and Champion chests almost don’t give any greens, and dust conversion became available only in this patch.

So you’re telling that retroactive rewards are not needed, because coms helped players deal with even more sufficient game design flaw, that was finally also fixed in this patch… what?!

So now it was clear. So now it’s player’s fault for expecting it to be a finished game at release. They should have known they were buying early access in advance, so now they have no one to blame but themselves. :+1:

Are you sure? Because I can’t find any with forum search.

Sorry, but I can’t find any logic in your posts. Only emotions and white-knighting.

3 Likes

That’s called trolling. The response to that is usually pretty straightforward.

Being at disadvantage is not even that important. Yes, it’s a factor, but I think you’re too focused on it.

I think much bigger problem, and that’s what I feel personally, is that changes were made based on our gaming experience and on our suffering to get the anticipated cosmetics items. But although we helped to make this game better, basically participating in still going Early Access, we got nothing. Like literally nothing. Thanks for making our game better, now you’re free to open your chests, goodbye.

:+1:

Btw @Avar already expressed this thought a couple of times, but not that clearly and somehow you keep talking about disadvantage, though I think that’s 100 times more important.

Exactly! Should have read your post first, but whatever. No harm in repeating important stuff.

3 Likes

Firstly I’m not entirely clear on what the compensation would be that would satisfy the demand @Avar. Commendation chests? 10? 100? 500?

If so, we’d have to give them to all players active before yesterday which includes those who hoarded chests, which by your reckoning is unfair. Wed then have to identify which players had hoarded chests and not given them the bonus chests. How many counts as a hoard? How about a player who started playing the day before 1.1 and hasn’t really earned any yet, and logs in to receive 500 chests? We’d need to exclude them now because that wouldn’t be fair.

It’s quite common in games, in particular MMOs but others too, that change can benefit someone who has kept a lot of something - in this case chests which reward cosmetic items or reds.

What’s the solution you would have gone for, I ask, that would have negated the problem you have with what we have (or have not) done here?

Tangent: We could have buffed an weapon that you recently salvaged because you though it was poop tier but now, post hypothetical patch, the poop tier item is now god tier - would you be just as angry that we’d made balance changes to the weapon without giving you advanced warning?

What I’m saying is change happens and some people will benefit more in the very short term from change than others and that’s ok by us. Obviously not ideal but change happens and we keep driving forward. There’s plenty of commendation chests to be had, limitless in fact, all with improved drop rates and available to everyone.

17 Likes

You obviously keep all data in a data base. Before rolling out the patch you sum up each player’s character levels and substract the number of commendation chests they currently posses from that - that’s how many chests need to be compensated for each player. That’s a very basic and fast operation, and it allows no ambiguosity. Then based on that number you either give players hats directly, or commendation chests, like 30%-40% of the resultant value.

It’s very simple and very fair solution.

3 Likes

55 commandation chests, 10 emp vaults, 20 general vaults, 10 soldiers vaults, and 12 emperor champion chests, and nothing but red duplicates. I spent around 55 hours in two weeks to get all of them. 55 hours completely wasted, it’s a very common thing with this game…

2 Likes