[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.1 Content Update

Great patch, didn’t save a single chest and it doesn’t matter to me. Really happy about the green dust fix as that was the only issue I really had.

3 Likes

This a joke? Today I literally opened 107 chests that I’ve been hoarding for two weeks straight and I didn’t get anything but red duplicates, I even made a video about it. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Also the game keeps crashing everytime i try to craft/reroll properties, even after I verified the game’s files, and it’s not just me, my group and other random experienced this as well

5 Likes

Why are the challenges not retroactive!! This is BS.

4 Likes

Wellcome to the family, or should I say to the RNG? :sob:

3 Likes

Some are, some aren’t - I had 25 chests available for free on login and was able to earn plenty more off just 2 games played;

The others seem like they aren’t retroactive because
A they aren’t achievement bound or perhaps weren’t trackable before
B they offer cosmetics/etcs

1 Like

Boy howdy, My red hagbane illusion is fixed! :smiley:

1 Like

Way to screw over the most hardcore players that have done it already

3 Likes

The red Halabard still isn’t

Im done, I’m taking yet another break from the game, I’m burned out at this point. I was hoping for basic things like crashes and cosmetics to be fixed after a dozen patches, but no, FS and the game repeatedly showed me the middle finger, and after months of this, i’m all out patience.

5 Likes

Hard to reward something that you might not have been able to track in the first place prior to 1.1 which introduces new systems.

Us veterans did at least get any achievements we already had cashed in as rewards though.
And being a veteran you’ll find most of these quests to be quite rewarding by even doing a single mission, give it a chance before you judge it.

Not saying your opinion is invalid but if I feel gimped in a few days sure I may join you on your opinion. But try not to slaughter a chicken while it’s still in the egg, it yields little and makes it impossible to judge it’s actual quality

5 Likes

What is the login reward that is available until June 2nd? I didn’t see anything immediately apparent upon logging in.

2 Likes

Great job guys.
It amazes me how many people who don’t know the difference between content updates and bug patches tho lmao

3 Likes

Bud did you expect to get everything that fast on your first daily competition?
If you were 100% able to get a red or cosmetic every set number chests then the end game would literally be nothing. You gotta work for it and I could take you A LONG TIME. Stop being a princess. I have 5 cosmetics and haven’t even tried this patch yet, don’t blame your bad luck on other people.

2 Likes

Why does the developer have to TELL YOU not to open chests. Thats ridiculous. That is a personal choice YOU have to make.
We all knew the update was coming, didnt we?
Not exactly WHEN it was coming, but that it would be coming soon.
Stop trying to place the blame elsewhere.

Who says certain feedback is the reason for the drop rate increase? Maybe FS crunched some numbers and decided the overall drop rate was too low.
Maybe it was a mix of the two.
Maybe it was other factors.
We dont know.

IMHO youre being a bit petulant right now, man.

1 Like

Maybe it is the skull throne portrait frame?
Have to do 10 QP maps.
Btw that frame looks friggin awesome!!

1 Like

Hotfix to take care of some crashes people were experiencing with 1.1 patch.

1 Like

They don’t, and it is ridiculous, but so is creating a situation where people lose out for opening their chests…

And?

I’m not trying to blame anyone for anything. I’m pointing out that this whole situation is wrong and it’s garbage customer service.

C’mon man… that’s getting really white knight-y… First, how 'bout instead of trying to blow smoke up my butt on their behalf we let FS speak for itself. They’re more than capable, despite how little meaningful correspondence we get in response to problems, issues, or basic concerns. Second, stop making excuses for poor implementation. No matter what the reason, the fact remains that people who played the game as it was designed got pwnt out of benefits enjoyed by ppl who didn’t and are subsequently worse off than new players from an effort/time:reward standpoint. It’s easily one of the dumbest and most easily avoided scenarios I’ve witnessed in over 30 years of gaming. It’s like there was no forethought.

You do realize this game is still fundamentally in Early Access right? We still don’t have everything that was advertised to be in the release. Pointing out bullshit when you see it doesn’t make you petulant, it makes you a conscientious consumer. As much as possible, I’m sticking to logic, reason, math, and cold hard facts. Yeah, I’m angry, but that doesn’t change the fact that my fundamental thesis is accurate. Considering how little the devs actually talk to us and how there’s been no, afaict, response whatsoever to the fact we’ve all been grifted so far, this is tame. Plus, better they get honest feedback than just have ppl who are upset peace out permanently. Not being able to trust a developer makes it extremely hard to justify giving them more money down the road.

I like the game… I love the franchise… I think the patch is in the right direction… but its implementation leaves a lot to be desired for any veteran player. The least FS can do is explain why they thought it was ok to arbitrarily reward people who didn’t open chests.

9 Likes

Backend error on first match of the new patch and had to quit the game. Less than 30 minutes crashed twice in the keep and once at the end of skittergate.

3 Likes

Not really an arbitrary reward though, it’s not like the decision had anything to do with that factor. Sure people who hoarded may come out a little bit ahead in volume of cosmetic/vet items for a bit, but they may not cuz RNG. I didn’t hoard any and I’ve already gotten more of both types today than a lot of hoarders posting their results in that other thread. And all the people hoarding have been missing out on opening chests this entire time, severely limiting their items and what they could experiment with. I mean, you opened all your chests and thought the green dust problem was a nightmare, imagine if you hadn’t opened any of them…

IMO it’s been pretty clear that the game was in what you call “Early Access” and things were being tweaked, even though drop rate changes weren’t promised they were already tweaked once and it was a pretty safe bet we’d see some kinda tweak there. There’s even been lots of posts here and elsewhere that basically said “save your chests!” I knew I could take a break and it would be a lot better later, but I figure it’s more fun to be a part of the whole process. Then one day I can be one of those grouchy old vet’s dropping the “back in MY day…” knowledge bombs on people.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure. You opened the chests to give feedback about its contents, not because you wanted Stuff. :roll_eyes:

Just deal with it and stop crying about not getting your precious cosmetics no one gives a rat’s ass about on mission anyways.

Btw, I hope that FS’S interest is in reeling in new customers/players, since there are way too few already.

4 Likes

That’s what I mean by arbitrary here: no consideration given to important factors like that. I get what you’re saying with the RNG aspect but that still doesn’t change that horders got scratch tickets with better odds. They may or may not have been worse off for hording (probably not since the tiny bit of green isn’t enough to reroll non-reds).

I haven’t seen a hording-suggestion post or anything like that since a lil after the game started, personally, when everyone thought you could still get reds in Commendation Chests. I’ve also never seen the devs say, and I’m paraphrasing of course, “lol you can open your chests now!” as per the OP. Until now, the changes the loot changes have been comparatively minor. Lots of people wants cosmetics though and players have spent thousands of hours trying to get them… so such a major change in the odds suddenly is something of an insult to anyone who laboured at it before this patch. Its just terrible, atrocious customer service any way you look at it.

I’ve never seen a game/dev try to pull this kinda crap before. I thought FS was all about customer service yet I feel like I’m getting raked over the coals by EA.

@greymouser I actually don’t really need anything and all I want is to be able to reroll stuff into different builds to try. Doesn’t change the principle of the matter.

Just because you’re a pushover consumer doesn’t mean everyone else has to be. Your being a sucker doesn’t preclude other players from being upset at FS’ poor communication and decisions and communicating that feedback to them.

You do realize the reason there aren’t many players is specifically because of the kinda bullshit I’m pointing out, right? You get that, right? Bringing in new players just to alienate them with the same bs people have been complaining about since release just exacerbates the problem, because the reviews get worse and it gets even harder to bring in new customers… This is super simple stuff.

How 'bout instead of non-stop fanboi excuses we hear from Fatshark about it?

3 Likes