[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.1.0.6

Heroes

After investigating reports that some of Okri’s Challenges were hard to get, we’re shipping bug fixes to make these challenges get marked as completed more reliably. The affected challenges are:

• “Shove off!” - Push a gutter runner off a pounced ally.
  • “Pushy fellow(ess?)” - Push a pouncing gutter runner.
  • “Suppressed suppressor” - Kill a ratling gunner pinning (firing at) an ally.
  • “Forecasting clear skies” - Kill a blightstormer while he’s conjuring a vortex.

We are also removing Red Shell from our game. Red Shell was an analytics service we used to track the impact of our marketing campaigns. Our players have raised concerns over the implications of tracking via third party solutions, especially in regard to conformance to GDPR. We have decided to no longer use Red Shell.

A while ago, we fixed a bug that caused you to be able to roll “Power vs. Chaos” and “Power vs. Skaven” on Charms. We don’t like the idea of having a combination that covers all bases for Charms - it prevents you from making meaningful choices in your gear.

But we also realize that this combination was available from launch - it’s not fair to remove it from the game while some equipment still has this specific combination of properties. So we’re adding it back in.

We’re sorry for failing to communicate when we changed these available properties - we will do a better job at communicating this in the future.

36 Likes

:heart_eyes: Yeah!

Got both Suppressed Supressor and Forecasting Clear Skies today so it seems to be working.

I’m gonna quote this everytime someone complain from now on :3
Awesome job Fatshark, you guys are the best !

Do you add it back only for Charm or can we now roll this on Weapons too ?

Just charms.

2 Likes

Ah, I just asked this in another thread. Thanks for clearing that up xD

To be honest, I agree that “Power vs. Chaos” and “Power vs. Skaven” on 1 item is a bit silly. Even alone, since each covers a wider collection of the enemies you’ll encounter. With that wider collection they are the only one’s that affect Specials.

To me, it’d make more sense that the more broad a property is, the lower its peak value would be.
This is just my view but I’d go:

• vs. Skaven/Chaos: +5%
  • vs. Infantry/Armored: +10%
  • vs. Berserkers/Monsters: 15%

You’re guaranteed to face either Skaven or Chaos in every fight, so having them be a high % bonus makes them the clear options. Almost to the point where the other versus properties are redundant.

Infantry and Armoured are common, but you’re not guaranteed to fight them at all times. You can get a horde of all infantry, you can get a patrol of all armoured. These versus properties also don’t affect Specials, Monster and Berserkers. A little more narrow, a little better bonus.

Monsters are more of a rarity. You can get 2 on a mission and then face a final boss, or none at all. Risk vs reward as you could have a property that doesn’t get any use on a mission. So that risk is rewarded with a higher bonus.
Berserkers are less common than most, so I’ll give them +15%, but they’re honestly a bit squishy in their uncommonness to really warrant a bonus damage.

Otherwise, “Power vs. Chaos” and “Power vs. Skaven” is the clear highest benefit combo.
The only time it wouldn’t be is if you want to min/max for a specific type of unit you’ll face, and that would only occur on missions where you’ll fight nearly 100% of Skaven or Chaos. Into The Nest is the only one that comes to mind where you’d go “Power vs. Skaven” + “Power vs Monster/Infantry/Armoured/Berserker”.
There is also crit power and attack speed on the charm, but, yeah.

On another note, I was able to successfully completed the 4 fixed Challenges.

1 Like

They are only strictly better than a setup that tries to do the same (i.e. infantry+armored), but for singular properties like when picking attack speed, infantry is a very strong contender, covering all basic units as well as globadiers/storms/leeches and even maulers. A ton of breakpoints are covered just by it.

You’re guaranteed to face either Skaven or Chaos in every fight, so having them be a high % bonus makes them the clear options. Almost to the point where the other versus properties are redundant.

I don’t even run chaos+skaven myself, i definitely don’t consider it that good. For breakpoints, other setups are usually better or required, as they may benefit more from stacking into 1 category.

Infantry and Armoured are common, but you’re not guaranteed to fight them at all times. You can get a horde of all infantry, you can get a patrol of all armoured.

I really don’t get this argument, you can get a patrol full of skaven or chaos too.

These versus properties also don’t affect Specials

Of course they do:
Stormsorcs, leeches, globadiers, gutter runners, loot rats are infantry
Ratlings and warpfire throwers are armor
The only special not affected is: Hook rat (it’s classified as a monster)

The only time it wouldn’t be is if you want to min/max for a specific type of unit you’ll face, and that would only occur on missions where you’ll fight nearly 100% of Skaven or Chaos. Into The Nest is the only one that comes to mind where you’d go “Power vs. Skaven” + “Power vs Monster/Infantry/Armoured/Berserker”

Or because your weapon benefits way more from other combinations, like on the handgun, where infantry is so much more beneficial.

2 Likes

I’m going to need a solid, reliable source of info then. There’s a lot of misinformation out there on classifications that’s been misleading my and many others’ rerolls.

Search for “vermintide 2 damage and breakpoint calculator”. There should be a reddit post pointing to a Google sheet that details all the classifications in a great way.

2 Likes

Great work - this game is amazing and I love it!

1 Like

Hi all,

I try to put on my ranged weapon and trinket " power versus Chaos and Skavens". I have it on my trinket. But on my ranged weapon, i think that is impossible to have the twice at the same time. I used 300 powder to make it but never seen on my weapon this proprieties.

Anyone knows if it is possible to have it or it’s just my legendary luck in this game :slight_smile:

You can only get Skaven and Chaos on the Charm, not on the weapons as far as I know.

1 Like