Opinion Poll: Best QP Legend Carry Careers

What classes do you find easiest to carry with?

My list:
Waystalker, pyro, BH, shade, unchained (these classes can clear hordes, dispatch specials and elites w ease, and put up respectable boss dps all while having either innate tankiness or very safe melee weapon selections)

Dark horse picks:
HM elf w Barrage hagbane and + ammo talent and monster x2 chaos x 1 skaven x1 for 30% damage to all miniboss. (Weak special killing however).

FK kruber w halberd handgun and chaos /skaven infantry properties to one shot all specials (weak boss damage).

Curious what you guys find easiest to carry with.

Don’t take this as gospel it’s purely opinion based.

No ‘I’ll take a good player on any character’ purists were talking about that same player has access to all the careers.

Huntsman, Pyro, Unchained

I thought about placing huntsman on my list but his lack of safe melee weapons and innate squishiness made me not pick him.

Yes halberd is good but it is slow (compared to ds snd flail falchion etc), has a relatively weak dodge distance,and is prone to hit trading especially in dense hordes. if kruber had better weap selections like elf and BH I think he’d be up there for carry on huntsman.

Dude, I only answered the question. Why so assertive and passionate all of a sudden?

HM with the lvl 25 talent to lose aggro. My favorite to carry on Legend if they’re really bad. Hagbane with ammo on headshots. You can solo any boss and clear hordes easily. Glaive for CW and heavies. Hagbane is a beast on most specials as well. You stun all shooting type specials, and even if you get hooked or jumped by assassin, the poison will kill them. Fire 3 left clicks on the fat dudes and they die after they teleport off.

For champion and below, huntsman, Pyro, or any of the elf classes.

1 Like

Just outlining my thought process relax!

2 Likes

You can ‘carry’ with almost any class if you’re good enough. BH is my favorite, but if I’m having a streak of bad games I’ll switch to Pyromancer. Carrying is tough to define also. Do you mean best classes to recover from being the last one standing? Then I’ve seen and done some pretty crazy stuff with FK Kruber, Slayer, Zealot, umm any class you’re good at dancing/dodging. But, if you’re looking for a carry class throughout the map, go with Pyro, waystalker, a good shade, handmaiden, huntsman.

Huntsman, Pyro, Elf (any career), BH

1 Like

Pyromancer. Can vaporize or stun hordes, snipe specials and has decent AP with pimp cane.

Not like I said something bad, Just surprised.

Just run stamina on the halberd, ez pz its pretty safe imo

BH - Volley Crossbow: Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage, ammo sustain, ranged

Why is it strong?
Spammable damage, Scrounger on guaranteed crits, Blessed shots costs no ammo, right charged 1 shots Elites, Boss damage is really good, Special killing is easy and Hordes are easy to mow down, and give lots of ammo. Reset with 1 melee kill and shoot some more.

BH - Crossbow: Elite damage, Special damage, ammo sustain, ranged

Why is it strong?
Crits one-shot Elites and Specials on any part of the body. You can get guarunteed crits after every melee kill, making this one of the easiest and yet strongest careers. Scrounger on guaranteed crits, Blessed shots costs no ammo.

BH - Repeater Handgun: Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage, ammo sustain, ranged

Why is it strong?
Scrounger on guaranteed crits, Blessed shots costs no ammo, right charged 1 shots Elites, Boss damage is really good, Special killing is easy and Hordes are easy to mow down, and give lots of ammo. Reset with 1 melee kill and shoot some more. Crit Power + Power VS Chaos + Hunter works best with this, as you can almost one-shot Chaos Warriors. It also makes Bosses take more damage.

Shade - Glaive/DD/SnD/(Spear?): Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage

Why is it strong?
Weapons are versatile, mobile and have decent Armour damage. Add this on to the 15% Power with a Grim. What really makes it strong is the ult and it’s cooldown. Every ult can kill a Chaos Warrior, Elites, Specials, and by running Resourceful Combatant, you can spam get your ult up. With the ult being so strong and having such a short cooldown you don’t need to run certain weapons for Boss damage.

WS - Longbow/Glaive: Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage, ammo sustain

Why is it strong?
The ultimate’s ability to kill Specials without having to really aim. It can also kill up to 3 Storm Vermin. The ammo sustained from the ultimate’s talent is also really strong when coupled with Scrounger on the Longbow. Being able to control specials and remove a lot of potential mistakes from your teammates is huge. Glaive for wave clear/Chaos Warrior.

WS - Hagbane(Barrage)/ARP weapon: Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage(unarmoured), ammo sustain, ranged

Why is it strong?
You can spam clear and CC hordes, melt bosses and use your melee on Elites if necessary. Specials can be easily delt with by landing 3-4 shots, while still having ult for them if it’s needed. Your ultimate gives you the ammo replenishment to keep going.

Pyro - Beam/Flamewave (Cooldown builds): Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage, ammo sustain, ranged

Why is it strong?
The ultimate does too high damage on too many enemies and it’s cooldown is too short. With these builds the ultimate becomes spammable. You have unlimited ammo and quick overheat reduction, with a Grim. This means you can sit at about 80-90% HP, burning temporary health from all of your ranged spam kills.

Huntsman - Longbow/Halberd: Elite damage, Boss damage, horde damage, Special damage, ammo sustain, ranged

What is it strong?
The Longbow’s rate of fire, accuracy and range while also having a lot of Crit and ammo replenishment. Huntsman has an in-built Conservative Shooter, which give more Crit(from “Makin’ It Look Easy” talent), which, if running Scrounger, provides you with lots of ammo replenishment. Increased crit also means that he can kill Specials and Elites in one hit. It also means that he can fire into hordes once he has the increased Crit and refill his ammo. His ult can no longer one shot Chaos Warriors without builds or headshots, but doesn’t stop him from being able to hit/kill them from range with headshot/body Crits. Unlike BH you don’t need a melee kill to keep going, so you can keep killing from range for almost all of the map.

Will probably come and tweak this later. It’s not in any sort of order. I can get the same results with Spear, but others have said they find it useless. Glaive and Halberd make any career strong.

1 Like

well i guess were looking for the most powerful so any ranged based character

2 Likes

Great, another useless thread about ranged classes. The game really lacked plenty of tryhards which chase green circles by shooting their teammates in the back and then dying to the horde.
Anyway, if you want a serious answer, you’re better off playing something with survivability. Stealing kills from your allies doesn’t mean you’re are carrying them. You’re literally giving negative contribution to your team by taking all the temp health for yourself and occasionally shooting somebody in the back. If you want your team to actually survive and not just get all the green circles for yourself, take a class you can survive with on your own if you’re split from your team for some reason because you can’t help if you’re dead. And take a special sniping weapon like longbow, crossbow or handgun. Of course, if your team already has plenty of special sniping weapons, you can take something for cc like conflag or something for the bosses like beam or hagsbane.
Whatever you do, please don’t be a green circle chaser who doesn’t care about his teammates like most people in this thread.

5 Likes

:+1:

Update: It’s Kappa, guys. Clearly some didn’t get it, but it’s Kappa.

4 Likes

Some confusion on what carrying means but I would define it as a good all around class. One that can deal with all threats adequately. This does have some overlap with being the last one standing because if you are clutching you are effectively dealing w every threat on your own - however HM w spear would not be on my list because her elite killing is weak so strictly being able to survive a long time doesn’t make you a good carry class.

Example: I would not call IB a good carry career because, although he is very strong, his special killing ability with Drakefire (What I run 99% of the time) isn’t great and neither is his boss damage. However, IB with a 2h hammer/axe and the Dwarf handgun WOULD be closer to someone that could carry as now he can dispatch specials, clear armored and waves, all while being very tanky.

This isn’t a ‘ranged meta’ post either, as about half of the careers I mentioned are melee. Like someone mentioned earlier just because you kill a horde from ranged doesn’t mean you’re carrying them. Some ranged classes didn’t make my list because I don’t think they have strong innate survivability and aren’t very well suited for clearing.

The truth is that some of the strongest ranged-centric careers such as BH and WS have access to some of the best melee weapon options as well. I don’t think anyone in this thread would argue that elf and BH both have better weapon options than kruber, even though he is more of a pure melee class with 2 of his 3 Careers.

1 Like

Btw, there is also an interesting post on reddit by kweassa. Here is a list of his last 50 games on legend:

• Of 50 recent legend difficulty trials throughout different time zones (Around evening of US EST, Asia-Pacific), failed 37 tries, succeeded 13. All teams were of random joining, never stayed in the same team for additional tries. (It is possible I might have landed in same team after a separate quickplay launch in some cases.)

• Out of 13 successful tries, 9 teams had composition of 3 “tank” careers or more. (Any combination of Footknight, Ironbreaker, Zealot, Handmaiden careers)

• Out of the rest 4 successful tries, 2 had two “tank” careers. (Any combination of Footknight, Ironbreaker, Zealot, Handmaiden careers)

• Out of the rest 2 successful tries, 1 had 1 “tank” career. (Any combination of Footknight, Ironbreaker, Zealot, Handmaiden careers)

• In the final successful try, there were no “tank” careers. (Any combination of Footknight, Ironbreaker, Zealot, Handmaiden careers) – notably, this successful try also had no real “melee” career and consisted solely of “ranged” careers. (Any combination of Huntsman, Ranger Veteran, Waystalker, Bounty Hunter, and any Sienna career)

• Out of 37 failures, 9 had 4 “ranged” careers (Any combination of Huntsman, Ranger Veteran, Waystalker, Bounty Hunter, and any Sienna career)

• Out of rest 28 failures, 24 had 3 “ranged” careers (Any combination of Huntsman, Ranger Veteran, Waystalker, Bounty Hunter, and any Sienna career)

• Out of rest 4 failures, all 4 had 2 or less “ranged” careers (Any combination of Huntsman, Ranger Veteran, Waystalker, Bounty Hunter, and any Sienna career)

• Out of 37 failures, 10 instances of team wipe were caused by hordes alone.

• Out of rest 27 failures, 12 instances were caused by combination of horde + boss.

• Out of rest 15 failures, 11 instances were caused by combination of horde + specials

• Out of rest 4 failures, 3 were caused by combination of horde + specials + boss

• The final 1 failure was caused by a combination of boss + special

• No failure was caused by special or boss alone

• Though unquantifiable and immeasurable, the feeling of “easiest” legend run was with the 1 successful try that had no melee/tank careers.

This isn’t completely accurate since the author didn’t consider Unchained and Slayer as Tank careers and it was only 50 games but the point stands. The odds of success in a ranged heavy team composition are lower than in a melee heavy team composition on average level. Of course in a full premade, where everybody is skillful, ranged composition works better but in PUGs they usually fail miserably. Something to think about.

1 Like

Do you realize, that this is the same as opening 50 chests and making conclusions about droprates based on it.

Some of the easiest comps I’ve seen.

1. Play WS with Longbow and focus Specials, have a Huntsman, with Longbow, shoot everything else, + two random careers.
  2. BH with Volley Crossbow, + 3 random careers.
  3. Sienna Crit/Cooldown build, + 3 random careers. Tell them to focus Specials as much as possible if you’re Flamewave.
  4. Sienna with Beam Staff, + 3 random careers.
  5. Huntsman with Longbow + 3 random careers. Bit tougher when you don’t have the WS, but still doable.
  6. WS and focus Specials + 3 random careers. Pray for an Elite killer.

Yes, it’s a small sample size which he mentions aswell. But the fact that the numbers are this skewered towards a more ‘‘solid’’ core can mean a lot, BUT it’s not comparable to just pure RNG.