Not just another "Space Marines on DT" thread

lol ok, fine, it’s a second hand space marine

Neither Sequel nor Dlc would work

It need to be separate games, if they make a SM game then the other character would also be SM, or on the same power level.

2 Likes

I think Fatshark managed to show perfectly well with Darktide, that there’s more to 40K than Space Marines.

2 Likes

I’m completely at peace with not being able to play astartes in DT, but please don’t pretend Deathwing was any good.

It’s completely reasonable to WANT space marines in a game with this kind of weighty, visceral combat and top-notch atmosphere. This isn’t the game for it for narrative reasons, but this engine would be magnificent for a SM game.

1 Like

I didn’t say Deathwing good, but there is option to fulfill SM power fantasy.
And for 1:1 perfect portray SM you got a game title exactly same name of it.
That is what irritatings should have look to, specailly they don’t even know what they want.

To be honest, to stablish an excuse on a new game which only has shared same universe, but everything else is different. Which only shows how ignorant whining babies are, never even try to learn the lore and the setting of the scale of battlefile and their physical capabilities. For those who even WANTS just flatout disrespect and disgraceful to astartes existence.

For weighty, visceral combat. Isn’t there chainsword and bolter to play with.

Deathwing had its moments the enhanced edition was better just sucks about connection problems. The main menu sound from Deathwing sounds awfully like the weird ethereal sound we hear on the Mournigstar.

i understood about 2% of what you wrote.

1 Like

And I have little interest in Space Marines. What got me into 40K was normal people playing in the playground of the Gods and being the backbone as to why humanity still stands, not genetically modified super soldiers. Specifically Sisters, but what got me to stay was all the other regular humans screaming against the dark.

Space Marines are part of the Gods that the playground of warfare is. They’re beyond human. I’m also sick of them. They’re bloody everywhere despite them supposedly being a rare resource of the Imperium. You can’t throw a rock without hitting one.

TBH I don’t want them anywhere near this game, since they would drastically change the power scale.

The… power scale where four people mow through hundreds, where a guardsman can walk off an autocannon shot?

In terms of scale, we’re already there. The narrative just pretends that these aren’t ludicrously superhuman feats that we pull off every mission, and I understand what you mean in that something like Astartes being thrown into the mix would require even MORE over-the-top feats and capabilities, just… don’t mistake DT for street-level, mortal tier.

2 Likes

using bolter lets you have a glimpse of how easy this environment would be for a single space marine. If we do see one at all, it will be as an npc.

I was thinking this the other day. For a Game that goes out of its way to say we arent space marines were doing a lot of Astartes level missions. Even dealing with daemonic stuff as newly released prisoners should be unlikely.

4 Likes

well we got a psyker, and as long as they can keep their sanity in the presence of deamons, wich ours seem to be able to (barely), they are like pure kriptonite for warp entities, and often extremly dangerous to space marines too

if we would assume that he honed his abilities in secret and is more capable than a newly discovered psyker he could probably take on a spacemarine if he were alone for some reason.

While some Psykers can be a threat to a Space Marine the ones in game are extremely weak for a Psyker. For sure lower than Epsilon level. So are the super weak Demon Hosts btw.
The game is not lore accurate when it comes to power levels but it is reasonable at least, an Astartes would break that

1 Like

A servitor on tank treads would be awesome.
Although the “banter” of a servitor might be somewhat inadequate.

1 Like

That and the fact that a Servitor can’t rise

“As Tertium falls, Rejects Will Rise.”

For ONE UNIQUE GAME without SpaceMarines spam… You want them.
Please, don’t. Never.

DT is about humans fight, with humans problems. Having “super Heroes marines for Kids” on this would ruin the entire univers of Darktide.

I was honestly a bit surprised that there were no traitor marines in the game as bosses, same for plague bearers when i think about it. But who knows, it might get introduced down the line.

But yeah, i have no desire to actually play a space marine.

They should add a Deathguard marine as a boss that only shows up on Tier 4 or 5 missions. Other than that, I don’t want to see Astartes in this game as I value its showcasing of the struggles the little guys go through (and compared to Astartes Ogryn are lil guys too :smiley: )

I am interested, I would love to play as a space marine. Sounds very fun to me.

1 Like