KNOWN ISSUE: Darktide Launcher Erroring or Not Appearing, or Stuck on Launching Screens

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:

Launch Error (20011)
Couldn’t Start the game

Crash Report (If Applicable):

Error Code: 20011 (An incompatible Easy Anti-Cheat service is already running. Please exit other running games or reboot)

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:

1. I launched the game through the desktop shortcut.
  2. Clicked play when the window for the game opened.
  3. Game crashes when the Easy Anti-Cheat starts.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
shifty200686

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/04/2022, 05:10PM] [EST}

Reproduction Rate:
50%

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
GUID: 4c5ad837-430f-40c7-86f7-183aa2b7ca43
Log File:
Info Type:

windows update to 22H2 can fix anyproblem by launcher . trust me

didnt fix it for me. going to reinstall and see if now itll fix

nah, reinstalled and nothing. Rip

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Whenever I try to launch the game easy anti cheat opens as normal, then it says waiting for game, and the game never loads. When i take a look in task manager the game is open using recourses but there is no sign of it anywhere. I have done multiple reinstalls, verify integrity, driver reinstall, different hard drives and even a different GPU, nothing has worked.
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]
NA
Error Displayed (If Applicable):
NA
Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

Open the game.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

NA

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam
Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
Started happening Dec 1
Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant. Game is literally unplayable.
Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2022-12-07-04.33.34-5c9ea270-33df-417c-ab32-e5672a7e4464.log (2.4 KB)

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (527.1 KB)

Hey, I don’t have actually the steam version but that can happen for other games that using eac as well. Try ro reinstall eac. The eac setup should be found in the dark tide directory somewhere and execute it as admin. Otherwise if this not help I would recommend that you make an exception in the antivirus for the darktide folder or you get rid of some Programms that eventually interfere with eac

Is anybody available now to do some over-Discord debugging with one of our lovely developers?

I could help out since i still have issues with launching the game

Tried all steps mentioned in this thread already, still crashing. Antivirus/Firewall disabled

Issue Description:
Game crashing right after easy anti cheat init, it says waiting for the game and crashing right after

GUID: 00d3ba5e-a679-45ee-8001-d927853322c7
Log File:
Info Type:

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
mjolnir.thor

Windows 11

PC Specifications:
Intel I7-8700
16GB RAM
GTX1070

Epic Games Client:
No, uninstalled

darktide_launcher.log (285.7 KB)

Im still getting this issue as well, works fine on my steam deck but never been able to get past the shader cache on PC.

No error message, launcher loads up, but when i hit play in the launcher, it says “building shader cache” and goes to 100% then the window disappears and nothing happens. Steam continues to consider me to be “playing” the game, which is to account for my total playtime, >44hrs, though I was only able to actually boot the game 2 times, for about 6 hours total.

Tried reinstalling, verifying integrity of the local files, running as an administrator, running just the .exe (backend error if i do that), updating the graphics card driver, directx, etc. etc., basically every alleged fix i’ve attempted and no dice.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Windows 11

PC Specifications:
NVidia RTX 2080Ti, Intel(R) Core™ i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, etc.

Epic Games Client:
Not currently, I did, but uninstalled, no fix.

darktide_launcher.log (83.8 KB)

Already tried that as well as fresh install of the game. Same thing with GPU drivers and even a different GPU.

UPDATE Fixed - Delete Fatshark %appdata% folder and verify integrity of game files. If that doesnt solve it delete easy anticheat folder and easy game launcher in darktide game folder.

Did this, now I dont even get a crash report after launching the game. So if there is another step after deleting that this did not solve my issue atleast.

If you arent getting a crash report try running one more verify integrity game file. If you didnt do that after deleting easy anti cheat and its exe in the games main folder that would cause that issue I believe. For the detailed steps read below.

1. First press Win + R then type %appdata% and hit ENTER on your keyboard

2. Locate the Fatshark folder and delete it

3. Locate your \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Warhammer 40,000 DARKTIDE folder and delete start_protected_game.exe and the EasyAntiCheat folder

4. Open Steam and locate Darktide in your library list, right click > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files

5. Wait for the verification process to finish and open the game

Yep did that, still crashes for me after the shader cache builds.

Whatever todays patch fixed, I can now play the game. Only took 16 days but eh :joy:

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Frenmir

Windows 10

PC Specifications:
able to play on the highest settings without any problems.

Dont have one

I have the same issue:

Steps to Reproduce:
Open Game in steam
Open Launcher
Press start
Crash

Platform:
Steam

Reproduction Rate:
Constant

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-22-16.52.07-b76547ef-eae7-4b76-9b7d-185f00a55861.log (6.3 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (19.9 KB)

No solution above fixed the issue.

I replaced my GPU and had the issue with the game not launching after pressing play in the launcher.

This solved it, thank!