KNOWN ISSUE: Backend Error

Experimental build is the same as current 1.0.14 at the moment.

In your router settings, which vary by router, find the WAN settings and see if it has ipv4/6 in some combination, with alternative options as ipv4 only, and ipv6 only.

Select the ipv4-only options, save the configuration and try the game after that, you might need restarts of pc and router to get it set.

If it doesnā€™t work for you, Iā€™m sorry, best to revert back and keep investigating.

1 Like

i have found part of the problem for me. i have to disable kasperky when launching the game to not have the back end bug at after the cinematic intro, BUT it seem tha i have to keep it disable for the whole time i do a run as i bug out at the reward screen ( and can t log back withouty closing the game and disabling the antivirus again) and not sure but it seem my game didn t count for those weekly quest

You sir are touch by machine spirit, you can call yourself enginseer now. Im using DNS server ā€œWARPā€ so i just turn it off and voila i can play again. Thank you for your guidence. The Emperor Protects.

1 Like

IMPORTANT! Our developers are asking if anybody with the Backend Error (NOTE: NOT the internal_error (Error Code: 2007) or any other error) can try the experimental branch in Steam, and see if that resolves their issue.

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FULLY! THANK YOU.

1. Open the Steam client
  2. Right-click Darktide in your Steam library
  3. Select ā€˜Propertiesā€™
  4. Select ā€˜Betasā€™
  5. Enter the password cTYPtKTsfMDsLHAV
  6. Select ā€˜Check Codeā€™
  7. Select the ā€˜Noneā€™ dropdown, and experimental - Experimental Builds should now be within the list
  8. Select experimental - Experimental Builds
  9. Close the pop-up window
  10. A 20mb download should now start
  11. Play!

Issue Description: Canā€™t login past Inquisitorial access. Everything was fine tomorrow, but now I canā€™t go even to character select menu. Was playing since full launch just fine. Few crashes but thatā€™s all. No errors or anything. Was even playing just fine today few hours before this error, also just fine, played for 40+ hours. No crashes or freezing, just loading and than Inquisitorial access denied, trying again doesnā€™t help. Canā€™t even exit game because there is no escape button, only trying to connect again. Also tried reloading steam/my router but didnā€™t help.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch game
2. Press space to log in
3. Error

Platform: Steam

Player ID: Steam Community :: Kaz

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: 12/11/2022, 23:30 GMT+12

Reproduction Rate: Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-12-01.03.28-528cef84-dbd2-49f2-b358-b96e25ff6f72.log (31.8 KB)
console-2022-12-12-00.54.43-05a88dc2-e7b7-48f3-ac67-7b0a2ae6204f.log (75.4 KB)
console-2022-12-12-00.49.39-18de11d9-3c1a-4ca8-8ad2-6b451ec227cc.log (386.4 KB)
console-2022-12-12-00.46.38-d22c693a-5b64-4b40-8b59-2d80b12dc081.log (45.4 KB)

Also tried experimental build just it case - still this error

FYI: This also applies to Norton.

Yeah, I saw. But I do not use anti viruses and even Windows Defender is disabled. And as I mentioned - few hours before this problem I was playing just fine so I really dunno. Do devs still looking into this problem? Before release there were exp builds and updates but now itā€™s kinda silent about possible fixes

Issue Description: Canā€™t login past Inquisitorial access. Everything was fine some hours ago, but now I canā€™t go even to character select menu. No crashes or freezing, just loading and than Inquisitorial access denied, trying again doesnā€™t help. Canā€™t even exit game because there is no escape button, only trying to connect again

Crash Report (If Applicable): Doesnā€™t crash

Error Displayed (If Applicable): Backend error Error signing in

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch game
  2. Press space to log in
  3. Error

Platform: Steam

Player ID: Steam Community :: Kaz

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: 12/11/2022, 23:30 GMT+12

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-11-11.49.12-0428798d-f80b-4cff-a72d-8f58b1831509.log (20.8 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (528.3 KB)

Was playing since full launch just fine. Few crashes but thatā€™s all. No errors or anything. Was even playing just fine today few hours before this error, also just fine

Also tried reloading steam/my router but didnā€™t help

Donā€™t know if this will help you, but this sounds very similar to what was happening to me. My solution has been to totally disable any ipv6 networking from my router, so it canā€™t try any ipv6 routes. This has completely remedied the problem for me.

Nope, no help, but thanks anyway. Dunno if it would help, I had no backend error at all before. In beta I had 2007 error but exp build fixed it for me. And since full release I played 40 hours just fine. I was literally playing with no problems some hours before I begun getting backend error. I did nothing to my router/PC in this time so I really donā€™t know what could be the source of this error

One strange stuff happened recently is that i always get crash log .bat active without any notification (help reporting the crash window etc) when exiting the game to windows and it will always give me Backend Error the next time i logged in

So far im only able to bypass this error by turning on VPN ā†’ Logged in ā†’ turn off on character screen. Otherwise itā€™s a permanent stuck on login screen

I think the reason why VPN work because the game think that you use other person network, hence count as fresh port.

Huh. So you can turn on VPN, login and than turn off and all just works?

yea no need to exit the game

Gonna give it a try, thanks for the tip. Still itā€™s less than ideal solution but itā€™s something. Hope devs still looking into this problem

Sadly it didnā€™t work for me. I guess I have to wait for devs to do something

what vpn do you use? i use VPNGate (based on softether) and set the location to Japan. After that i just logged in until character selection before removing the VPN