KNOWN ISSUE: Login Service Outage, Resulting in Backend Error on Launch

We were made aware of an outage relating to our login service at around 23:00 CEST resulting in a Backend Error error on launch, and have been working on addressing the issue since.

We understand service is slowly resuming and players should be able to log in as normal within the next 2 to 3 hours.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

Issue Description:
Backend Error.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Backend Error.
Error Signing in
Close

Steps to Reproduce:
start game. press space to continue. get backend error

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
pst

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
constant

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

5 Likes

Issue Description: I’m getting a backend error every time I try to sign on. Have updated graphics checked internet connection and rebooted. Nothing. Still the same error.

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

Error Displayed (If Applicable): Along with Back End Error, I am now getting Failed Fetching error and Failed to load player profile.

Steps to Reproduce: Try to log in.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store] This is from the microsoft store.

Player ID: RaveBurrito7480

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: 7/4/23 starting at 7:00 pm

Reproduction Rate: Constant
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:

3 Likes

Same error every time I try to play the game today. On Steam.

Why did Fatshark create this problem on a national holiday for Americans? I just wanted to enjoy the game this afternoon.

2 Likes

Lol it is certainly bad timing!

Just like when they launched the game, in a relativelyunstable state, then took a month off…

I hope they can fix it soon. It really is a shame it happened when many of us would like to play during peak hours.

Same problem here, can’t play due to backend error.

1 Like

Same issue.
Backend error for last 2 hours…
Got to love live service games that has no way to do single player modes or have dedicated coop server.

As the title says, since the 1.1.11 Hotfix I haven’t been able to log in, due to Backend Error. I’ve tried validating and restarting my rig with no change.

2 Likes

Me too. Same issue. 3rd time for me. Right after the latest hotfix
thats for patch 11.

Release a small hotfix to fix things you broke in the last patch, only to break the game again. If this isn’t typical FS, I don’t know what is

1 Like

I was in earlier and now I have it as well

Same issue here, was able to log on earlier today but now this. Every time.

same problem. Never release an update when nobody will be there to fix it
It’d be hilarious if an intern accidentally set windows auto-updater to go off at midnight

Same…

Worked for initial session immediately following the update but have been getting this error for the last hour or so.

samesies

be dis da end, sah???

2 Likes

good to know i thought i was going insane. updated everything, verified my files, even fiddled with my router trying to find what was happening. good to know im not alone i suppose - less good that we cant play for the foreseeable.

2 Likes

Also having the same issue on Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass at 9:30 - 9:45 PM EST.

Same issue after hotfix.

At least FS can get one live-service ‘feature’ right…