Is the Dev Blog currently in the hands of GW?

Is that why we’re left waiting in the Dark?

Because nothing else would make sense here. Unless you once again made a promise, realised you couldn’t keep it (or forgot) and hoped we wouldn’t noticed ?

We do know that every official comm has to pass through GW. And they’ve already had things pushed back twice (Skull 2023, one of the Vox Interception) for Darktide, once with purpose, to have things aligned with their show (Honestly in that case it was FS not predicting the malding and taking care of things in advance) and once without any that we saw.

So the question remain. Did FS, or did GW miss something this month.

10 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if FS associating themselves with GW was a massive mistake for all involved. The tide games could have a different label and still be just as good.

4 Likes

Maybe wanna lay off the copium bro, it’s not healthy.

12 Likes

I don’t think it’s coming before April. It’s not copium about them keeping their promises.

I just want to know where its stuck.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go as far as to say they promised anything, that makes it sound personal…just alot of potentially false statements. They’ve still got a small window of opportunity here aswell to post something before the end of the month so maybe someone that works out of another country for FS will post something. (We can call it coping ik)

But again, we’re all grasping for straws here and I also would like to know why

2 Likes

I mean, they did actually promise information at the end of the month, but as you point out yourself they’re still within the window of being able to fulfill that promise, it would take all of having a pre-prepared statement and hitting post even while on vacation.

Most of us can manage to set a reminder after all, where someone is at the time is pretty immaterial these days.
If i can (and did all of two days ago) unlock my front door from another continent for one of my kids, they can get a press release out while technically on vacation.
Edit: That being said, i also have no clue why you’d want to do something like that vs just posting an update during the normal work cycle, just saying it is theoretically possible. A bit mental, but possible!

If they don’t manage that however, within their own promised timeframe, then yes they have 100% broken a promise.

What that matters in the grand scheme of things is probably a more relevant debate, people will probably forgive it easily enough if they still manage to polish the game to the point where the whole game as an experience matches the core mechanics and gameplay, and fatshark historically seem to keep working on their games for a long time.

The if part there is doing a lot of heavy lifting when asking people to stay interested/engaged in the short term though.

Even if that was the case, I will be very surprised if we ever hear of it. It’s not a good idea or a sound practice to go around blaming a business partner even when it is entirely their fault but certainly not in this situation where one party has complete control.

I really do wonder sometimes just how many of the pre-launch design reworks were their call and how many were GW’s. I know they framed most of the decisions as internal but they have little choice other than to take the heat themselves whatever the case might actually be.

2 Likes

All they had to say was “Late March, maybe early April” to account for the GW cert process, and they didn’t.

I don’t think it’s the cert process, I think it’s that FS isn’t properly accounting for the cert process. Or, again, the holidays.

no

Tide label isn’t tied to warhammer, so they could still use the Tide naming scheme.

And while it would alleviate some problems on the communication side, it would still most likely be an arduous process

1 Like

Why blame GW, it’s not the only company who handles things badly, clearly.
The lack of news could be explained simply as they found a major bug and are now scrambling to fix it… but of course, the announcements shouldn’t be tied to whether the latest build of the game is stable or not.

So… Occam’s razor.

Idk if they had any interest in PR they probably would just make a post about it beeing a bit delayed because of GW or whatever issue.

Think they just Rothfussed us :<

If it werent warhammer i wouldn’t care about it

4 Likes

I don’t care about most warhammer games.

So both exist :person_shrugging:

If you guys didn’t see it already, the communication is out rn What's coming up in Darktide

1 Like

The information about the delay about the information. Still much better than nothing

1 Like

They’re on about the “sharing more information on this update by the end of the month” that was mentioned there.

1 Like

Honestly, they need to make a Tide game that is an original IP, let us see what the company can actually do without GW playing footsies with their releases.

Yeah, they stick so adamantly to lore that it actually reduces what is possible in the game, sadly.

FS was never different. It’s the same behavior since before Vermintide 1