Fatshark needs to reconsider turning CW god-boons into weapon traits

None of the godboons were absurd on their own early on.

Plenty of broken stuff in newly added boons(such as 2s 100% crit after leaving invis).

I dunno if you ran leading shots like every other engineer in CW and got range boom crits it was game over and the rest of your kit only got used if you’re on cooldown (which when you AOE kill trash and 1HK most specials/elites with the crit explosion isn’t often). Or twinarrow javelins/MWP, you just clean up and your teammates stand around.

I really need to see if that new ranged trait works like Prize Bounty, if so Hunts Kruber moves up massively. The damage you could do under ult with that and making it look easy.

Leading shots + crit explosion + twin arrows(this is important as you effectively now have a 50% critchance) is the winning combo.
Crit explosion alone isn’t enough(also gets hardcountered by rampart). And now twin arrows probably doesn’t work on OE ult anymore.

Out of the new boons the 2s after leaving invis is absolutely disgusting on shade/rv.

I really can’t get a read on you sometimes. Like you have advocated that these things are once in a 10 run thing so they are balanced but now this is suddenly an issue?

Also leading shot + explosion was more than enough to carry a run. Stunlocking bosses, clearing hordes, blasting patrols, etc you really did not need anything else. It was easily the most powerful 1 roll boon for those careers that could abuse it.
Rampart also being the only counter is not anyways valid because you might never face one in a run and especially now when mutator bosses are rarer than before.

1 Like

what is suddenly an issue?

not enough damage(at least not without constant-regen machinegun) to really “carry”; also pretty sure crit explosion wasn’t mentioned in changelog, which is even more reason twin arrow and lighting shouldn’t be removed from random boons.
The fact that monsters get extra hp(grudgemark/challenge chest) already counters a lot of it.
If you just needed to stunlock the boss, you only had to use trollpedo(which is also negatively affected by the patch, as it now can’t have twin arrow and scrounger at same time, I’m not sure if trollpedo can even get twin arrow as trait).

I would say vaul’s anvil was far more of an “i win” boon since people basically doesn’t need to block ever again.

What? it does grenade type explosion damage to all around it and the previous 30% was even nerfed down to 10% due to how easily it destroyed stuff like elites.

Its also most certainly lacking in damage.

whatever feel free to disagree I’m kind of done arguing about this boon at this point when its already been heavily changed.

First, the first one is a normal rat ogre. Second, the next one is citadel.
What other boons are there? Clearly specials feeding free machinegun helps.

Not sure how that video is supposed to help you.

Play Peregrinaje mod, you’ll need those boons.

Just a heads-up as it isn’t mentioned in the patch. But I am halfway sure that exploding ranged crits isa weapon trait now too:

Ye its only weapon trait now. (At least I haven’t seen it in my 20 odd runs anywhere else)
Honestly the patch notes as a whole have been really lacking in detail. Lot’s of small changes that have not been listed.

1 Like

Absolutely disgusting.

You know what, I’m going to agree with ranged mains for once - removing ranged godboons should come with rework of rampart.

Remember when merc kruber could use helborg’s + twin arrow + scrounger to become infinite ammo ranged class? good times.

problem with mods are…modded realm.

Wow. Assuming that works like the description says, I’m trying to think what base trait you would ever want that over. I would take it over Inspirational Shot and that is about it lol.

What a massively overkill reduction in power. Even if it staggers bosses it would be questionably useful. Maybe you can kill a few extra slave rats if you ult a horde as BH, amazing stuff.

I have to check. I think there was some discussion in the steam forum that the code indicates a cooldown of 10 s and that it still uses bomb damage as template. Not sure.

Other than that it is not like you can chose your traits in the Chaos Wastes. You take what you get.

1 Like

Well yeah, I probably should have emphasised the “Assuming that works like the description says” part more. Always gotta take descriptions with a grain of salt or ten.

For sure, it’s just a bit disappointing to have the pool watered down with potentially really bad stuff, especially when you have classes like BH that really rely on Scrounger to have the ammo sustain of other ranged classes. Anyway I suppose I’ll have to wait till I roll it myself to see how it actually feels in practice.

There are a few bugged tooltips which come about because the values are ordered wrong and the tooltip just takes the numbers in the order it see them.

10s cooldown is barely enough for BH, everyone else get shafted.

I don’t have anything to add that hasn’t already said. But I just want to reiterate that the dilution of the boon pool and removal of ranged boons has made CW a lot less fun for me.

Ranged boons like Taal’s Twin being rebound to weapons specifically turns them into unicorns. You’ll probably never get them in ten CW runs because not only can they only show up on orange/red tier and thus can only be used on later levels. But the pool of weapon boons is now so large the chances of getting any particular trait is even worse.

No more risking your coins to land a lucky boon at the start that makes up for your early deficiencies. This creates a “rich get richer” situation where the best boons (now traits) can only be used by people who probably no longer need them to survive. Secondly ranged boons affecting ult attacks for those classes with ranged ults was the coolest part of CW for me. It gave us a way of playing the game that doesn’t exist outside of mods and allowing the player to be extra powerful once in a while just adds to the fun.

Having more boons in general probably sounded like a good idea on paper, but to be frank most of the new boons are completely useless in practice. Free coin pickup? Really? Anything that doesn’t directly increase killing power is already less useful, but something that doesn’t affect combat whatsoever is doubly useless. I would think hard about giving the player access to more coins (especially solo ones) or further discounting random boons purchased outside of shrines.

1 Like

A somewhat related thought regarding random boon purchases. Having the ability to remove boons, or even recycle them with eg a 50% coin refund between levels or at shrines would be a welcome addition. Knowing I could potentially get stuck with 50% curse randomly is enough to make me question interacting with random boon altars altogether. They already pose enough risk as a potential waste of coins, that they can actively hurt you pushes them towards being a little too risky to my mind.

1 Like

At least the mode got much more skill based and thats what most of us wanted.

1 Like