Fun gameplay vs strange balance

I know that Fatshark are not afraid to overtune stuff like power sword and assails (btw thanks for those, really fun mechanics once you balance them).

But I feel like they are afraid of letting us having fun, and give us something meaningfull.

If we play well, we do not struggle with ammo, but the ammo talents should give us some freedom.

So I find it strange that the ammo aura is 0.7 or 1% upgraded for elite (there are several at highee lvls ofc), if feels like such a useless buff.

And taking a look on Gun Luggar talent with lucky bullet. ONE bullet, 5 or 8%… I mean why not 10-15 or even 25% for one bullet? Og have it be 10-15% for X% of the bullet in the mag?
That would imo be meaningfull…

Ohh talking of meangfull, the incease in cosmetics cost is bs, you say you use extra ressources, I say you try to get some more reveneau after a distaterous launch.
If the effort = price, I would think a lot of the cosmetics in the store should be free or ingame eanable cosmetics.

Slash the shop prices in half, and you might see and increase in buyers. Just a thought, I am no business wizard after all.

3 Likes

Seems like someone hasn’t used Power Sword in a very long time :wink:

8 Likes

Power sword is currently more unwieldy and worse than a literal sharpened bar of metal.

4 Likes

Ohh I know they nerfed it :slight_smile:

It’s not THAT bad.
Afaik, it still beats the “Meh” tier items easily, such as the Claw sword.
You do need the Power Cycler Blessing to make it good now, though.

If you look closely, you can spot a power sword on this picture.

It’s best blessing is when you hold X in your inventory.

1 Like

It’s more work for slightly more payoff in some circumstances, usually the same or less effect in most.

Also to the person who hates the power sword enough to have made the heavy charged attack do the same damage as charged light attacks, I have no words.

1 Like

Haven’t used Catachan since the update have you?

Catachan beats out Power Sword by a lot just running Rending Strike and it outright eclipses it with a proper melee build. If you also learn the parry timings… Oh boy.

MK IV devil’s claw is pretty cracked.

6 Likes

After trying the 1 now I can say it’s pretty cracked too.

2 Likes

Cata 4 is basically Heavy 9 for veterans. Run it with kraks and you’re pretty set honestly

Really now? I gotta try that.

It’s dumb as hell, lol

I tried the Mk I with shred + Rampage on a piety + chastise with crit skills Zealot and it was impressively brain-dead spamming the non stop heavy sweeps.

Wouldn’t recommend it over IV on other characters where you’ll feel the lack of a single target heavy attack (Zealot just kinda brute forces the heavy sweeps to work on most elites with sheer crit quantity, chastise spam, and melee bonuses).

Not heavy sword IX level of damage output but the higher crit rate is nice for chastise spam, DR, and bleed. Anything squishier than a mauler just get blended, especially when clumped.

And yeah, the parry is very powerful now. Especially fantastic against Ragers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.