Here is a short F.A.Q to tackle some of the common questions on our new Crossplay feature! If you have any further questions pertaining to Crossplay that are not covered by this F.A.Q then please ask below.
When will Crossplay be available?
After the patch, it takes a few hours for players to be migrated to the new version. Once all players are on the updated version we will enable Crossplay, so don’t worry if you can’t see it before then!
Crossplay for Xbox will be available upon its release on October 4th.
What does Crossplay entail?
On Steam: Players can matchmake, add friends, and join players from Steam and the Microsoft Store, in our Cross-Network Servers. Players cannot opt out of Crossplay.
On the MS Store and Xbox Series X|S: Players can matchmake, add friends, and join players from all supported networks (Steam and XBL), in our Cross-Network Servers. Players can opt in/out of this feature via the account settings, in which case they will matchmake, add friends and join players only within XBL servers.
Cross Progression/ Commerce
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide supports Xbox Play Anywhere (XPA). This means that whether you have purchased Warhammer 40,000: Darktide on the Microsoft Store OR on Xbox it’s yours to play both on Xbox and Windows 10/11 PC. Your in-game progress will carry over alongside DLCs (such as Imperial Edition), in-game items (including those unlocked with virtual currency) and Aquilas across both platforms.
Currently Steam players cannot move their progress, DLCs (such as Imperial Edition) or Aquilas from one platform to another.
When launching the game for the first time after the update (through Steam or the Microsoft Store) you may be prompted to rename your Fatshark account if it doesn’t meet the criteria.
Here are the specifications for your new account name:
- Your account name must be between 3 and 18 characters.
- Use only unicode alphanumeric and, - _ . ’ special characters.
- First and second characters can not be a numeric or special character.
- The account name cannot end with a special character.
- Your account name cannot include any offensive words.
- Your account name cannot include spaces.
If your new account name is in violation of any of these specifications we may require you to rename your Fatshark account again.
Adding Friends on Steam
- Head to the Social tab in game and press ‘Q’ to find your Fatshark account Friend code. You can then give this code to players on the other network who can enter it to add you as a friend.