Crossplay not working - Steam friends always offline

Issue Description:
Been spinning my wheels for hours trying to figure out how to make this crap work. I’m on the gamepass winstore version of the game, I have two friends on steam. We exchanged the fatshark ID code and have added each other to the friends lists. I show as online for them - both of them are permanently offline for me. I don’t see any of the invites they send me, and I can’t send any invites to them as they are offline.

I also cannot for the life of me find this supposed opt in/out setting for crossplay that the FAQ mentions via account settings. I have looked all over the MS account settings page, xbox account settings page, the game launcher, the in game menus - there is nothing anywhere that even hints at this.

Platform:
Microsoft Store

Player ID:
Fatshark Account name: Nev9 / Fatshark Friendcode: 6193087579 / XBL Gamertag: Nev9

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

It’s a bit complicated!

1. Open the Xbox App
  2. Click on your username
  3. Click ‘Settings’
  4. While on the ‘Account’ page, scroll down to where it says ‘Privacy Settings’
  5. Right next to that will be a ‘Manage’ button, click it (This will open a new browser tab, and instruct you to login)
  6. Select the ‘Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety’ tab in the centre of the page
  7. In there will be ‘You can play with people outside of Xbox Live’, and I imagine you’ll want to enable ‘You can join multiplayer games’ in the event it’s disabled

Thank you for the reply, I found the setting(s) you mentioned and everything was already set to enabled, so I am back in the same boat of crossplay still being borked for me :frowning:

Try disabling and enabling it ?

After a lot of experimentation with settings, I finally did some deep troubleshooting - I opted to test another XBL account to see if that would work, and it did. After comparing all the variables of what could possibly be wrong between my main and alt accounts, I finally made the connection - my friends list was too big! I had over 500 people on my list, and parsing that list in the game was causing the whole social menu to bug out. I did a mass purge of names from people I haven’t gamed with in over a decade, got it down to around 100 (100 use to be the limit back during the Xbox 360 days), and then everything started working properly - so yeah, problem solved finally :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! That’s something we probably never would have picked up on admittedly, so it’s very much appreciated that you’ve taken the time to let us know. I’ve shared this with our developers. :slight_smile: