Unable to join/invite to crossplay strike team

Issue Description:
While trying to start a crossplay session with a friend for the first time (I’m on Steam, he is on XBox), I found myself unable to invite him to my game. Whenever I tried to accept his invite to join the game, or join his game directly through Xbox Game Bar -app, I get the following pop-up:

“You’ll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link” and then it takes me to Darktide’s Microsoft Store page, as if I needed to buy the game.

Friend has crossplay enabled on XBox and didn’t have the issue earlier today with another friend. This occurs when we’re both in the Mourningstar.

We are also friends on the Windows Live already, and I have linked my Steam account there, so the “large friend list” shouldn’t be the case here. I do not see him in Darktide’s friend list.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
“You’ll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link”

Steps to Reproduce:
Trying to accept a friend’s invitation to join his game on Windows Live while playing on PC/Steam. Unable to invite him to join my game via XBox Game Bar -application (greyed out button).

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
17:15 ->, GMT+2

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Paste Crash Report, or Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:

Yeah, this has been going around. people are complaining in mass numbers about it and the Devs think its something to do with Xbox players having too big a friends list. i am not sure how in the year 2023 this can even be a problem but its very dumb and annoying.

Someone will come in and ask if you can get the xbox player to lower their friends list number by deleting people as that is a known fix. I dont think you should have too personally but it is what it is…

Are you able to add each other using the In-Game Social Menu, using your codes?