Brunts armory still bad

Went to the armory to get some of the new weapons in the hopes of this having been adressed.

Still getting horrible ratings on the weapons: avg rating of 319,71 for lvl 30. Highest rated @ 345! :angry:
This needs to be fixed. Lots of ppl complaining about this but you refuse to listen.
Either lower the cost of the weapons or increase floor of spawn rating.

9 Likes

Yeah, for a moment I was excited about the new weapons then I tried grabbing some from brunt… Only rolled sub 320s for 150k ordo dockets and just quit the game without even testing them. F*ck this RNG fest.

7 Likes

yep Monday spent over 400K ordo and didn’t get anything over 346 base rating, its a joke

5 Likes

They could lower costs 95% and you’d still go broke searching through trash. Its such a waste of a function. Guess I’ll just wait 2-3 months for decent weapons of these types to appear, get ruined upgrading and then hope for more. Thrilling player retention.

9 Likes

Even if they reduced the cost it’s an awful experience because you have to spam buy, sell, buy more. It’s just a waste of time. Now if they allowed removing the locks…

Or better yet, sorry to say, scrap the whole store and melks. Just bring in the athanor system. Just grind for points, farm for blessings and perks, and then pay various costs to choose what mods, perks, and blessings you want. You know, ACTUALLY crafting. Make it a point buy system so it’s about choice and nothing else.

5 Likes

Bwaaah

I ended checking the store every hour… like by the past

What they did to correct the situation… corrected nothing.

it is even worse cause we have rarely items with T3 blessing now

7 Likes

I hope they get the shop checker sorted soon. Even reinstalling and updating it will only work if the new weapons aren’t in for me. Doing it the manual way is pain.

1 Like

Info: The plugin to consult out of the game the available weapons in shop is already fixed. It was uploaded to google. It should be on our computers tomorrow.

the odds of getting white item with 365+ stats is about 3 for 200k ordo (~70k ordo per item), then about 1 in 10 of such items will have good stats distribution.

in the end that makes you spend 700k for item that might be worth upgrading further. taking here about top end white items of course that you want to use in actual game. it does not apply for blessing hunters.

once you have your good base item then you need to start the bless rng. at this point just waiting for emperrors gift or melk might be better, i think balance in that white item area is needed.

4 Likes

couldn’t agree more. All of these systems in DT are so disrespectful of their playerbase in many ways. This experience with Darktide has turned me from a huge fan of FS into an enemy, and Brunt’s Armory being their “solution” to the problems caused by the Exchange only hammers that point home. I can only hope they’ll right the ship by completely gutting the systems in place and giving us something like the Athenor (dream on,) but as it stands I won’t recommend DT to anyone.

3 Likes

Anyways, FS needs to:

• or make the brunt armoury a real alternative to the shop (so increase the odds to get something useful)
  • or invert the changes made to the shop to permit us to get, from time to time, good weapons in it

Actually, there’s too few weapons in the shop that are worth to spend lot of plasteel to maybe, if we are lucky, we will get something good enough.
Also, the plasteel diamantine balance is not good… we have more plasteel, however we have yet a lot more diamantine
I have started few time ago (last week) a veteran. I have with this char 2 923 diamantines and only 270 plasteels. So we need an exchange shop for diamantine / plasteel AND ordos that can buy materials.

4 Likes

I’ve stopped using Brunt’s armoury because of this.

Honestly, the RNG fest of this game makes me not want to play it at all.

The prospect of new classes, which I am 100% sure they want to monetize, is extremely unappealing since not only ressources and inventories aren’t shared but we’ll have to level them up and find new weapons again.

2 Likes

Anyways I don’t have a slot

i am resurrecting this thread. brunts inventory needs to be redesigned.

1h ago ive spent 300k in brunts, looking for good xii lasgun.

what i got was ton of 310s, bunch of 355, one 362 and one 371. only 371 had remotely good stat distribution (still not great coz mobility was 80%…)

apart of the miniature odds the 2nd worst thing about this experience is clicking purchase button and then cleaning up inventory of trash.

if we really have to play this slot machine to get items, could we at lease please get few more buttons to press?

proposal for better QoL

instead of just 10k ordos for 310+ item, could we get 20k, 50k, 100k, 200k and 300k for respective breakpoints? then at least it would mean i need to have 200 or 300k to get 370 tier weapon with random stats.

(proposed numbers are based on my last attempt, if you can make odds better, go for it :wink:)

I am totally and purposely skipping here whole item upgrade story. there is whole thread dedicated to that experience. i just want to focus on brunt here

1 Like

Nobody uses Brunt’s nowadays…

I wait for a fix of the situation

1 Like

Brunt’s armory has terrible stat distribution and odds are clearly AGAINST the player searching for an upgrade or just a good base score weapon. Also as someone else pointed out, introductionf of it lowered the chances of Tier3 blessings in the actual shop. Yay for more RNG Fatshark, you really spoil us. Together with the perk/blessing locking I have to say nothing feels worse than spending your resources and time on random purchases and “crafting”. You really want the casual playerbase to get bored and go elsewhere. With the amount of quality entertainment options, people value their free time more than you seem to.

I don’t hate brunts and have used it to succesfully get 360+ weaoons for most of the newly released gear. Usually takes around 300k dockets to get a few. Which is fine. At least i can just slotsclick for the weapon i want. But cleaning up the mess afterwards is so tedious i hate doing it. Due to the terrible item UI i have to manually hold X on like 30+ weapons. Gross.

1 Like

The game designers will never reduce the random factors.

Doing so would be counter-productive, as their objective is to create addiction using the well-studied technique Skinner’s Box to condition player behavior.

They don’t care about your mental health. All they care about is your time and money.

So did I, in a sea of 301-350 score items, got few with sensible scores. From those few then most ended up being “bricked” thanks to terrible perks and blessing combos.

I despise the present itemisation and crafting systems. I have nothing to add.

3 Likes