Brunts armory still bad

Its funny to me that the vermintide system was so much better since it was also RNG heavy. But being able to smash your trash into cash and buy whatever you wanted was a good system. And here’s the thing: i have all the weapons i want as a zealot.

I have no need to engage with the system any more at all. None. 0. It holds no power over me until the next new weapon drops and by then i’ll have like 3 million again. So its not a retention mechanic for me and i never cared about it.

1 Like

At this point I would take a grindy crafting system where you end up with small, increamental increases with no restrictions / locks on perks/blessings. At least then I know my time investment isn’t stolen from me by terrible game design. If I wanted to gamble I wouldn’t play computer games.

PS

This is NOT a suggestion Fatshark. More a way to show the level of our desperation.

3 Likes

The reason why Vermintide 2 was better even though it has RNG is because:

• there were no locks

• Traits (blessings) had no rarity

• red items (max rarity) always gave you max rolls on your attributes (perks)

• weapons did not have sliders

• So you got a weapon.

• Upgrade that weapon to red.

• Reroll your sh’it quickly.

• You have enough dust due to scrapping stuff.

So while the reroll process is annoying for trying out stuff, you always reached your goal in a reasonable amount of time.

Vermintide 2 was not deterministic concerning its itemization, but Darktide makes it look like it is.

3 Likes

We only have to grind to max hero power once in VT2, we got a shared material pool, and we shared trinkets and charms between characters.

Also. Deeds.
Modifiers in DT are nothing but what deeds were in VT2, just more streamlined. In VT2 loot at least doubled, and on hard ones tripled the chests we got at the end of the game. In DT we get a bit more Ordo.

Darktide took everything that made VT2s gearing system halfway bearable and yeeted it out of the next airlock. To put some extra salt on top of the progression system the rng dial got cranked so hard that even Ranalds dirty smirk froze for a moment.

I don’t think 300k is fair at all. Thats what? Five hours of pure game time on Damnation? No loading screens. No bath, or coffee breaks.
Also, no guarantee we will end up with something great either, especially if its one of those weapons that have tons of different Blessings.

1 Like

Strictly speaking i was able to get around 3-10 with in the 350+ range depending on the day. Plenty of raw material to brick at the maelevolant lock stage.

But since i play a lot of damnation. Usually with modifiers, probably an hour or two a day, i am flush with cash usually and weapons don’t release that often. Plus you don’t need a godroll to play damnation anyway.

I’m absolutely stealing this one XD

2 Likes

I used Brunt… I don’t use now.
Problem is when the shop doesn’t give me what I need

But Brunt’s is really awful regarding what is given… I have given up to waste (cause it is the right verb) my money in that.
Brunt’s is the main problem for me.

Precision, plasteel is not a real problem for me, but I play too much. It is a problem for any casual player. Clearly the game is oriented against casual players. And if the number of players is low… you don’t need to search everywhere the why… if you don’t allow a casual player to find pleasure in a game, you can’t have a good player retention. Especially cause a casual can become a regular player… but for that, you need to see him playing several hours.

1 Like

Tested right now…
bought 20 weapons
Got none good, none above 355…

Pure waste of money
I am tired of this situation

1 Like

I like the idea of each purchase raising the floor until its only spitting out 380s. It would take 736,000 dockets to ‘unlock’ good weapons you can actually upgrade and then start worrying about the additional modifier bar and crafting RNG. If they wanted to put more grind in sure, but at some point the sheer expenditure of resources should all but eliminate the garbage items.

2 Likes

Welcome to VT2 :hugs:

1 Like

Darktide’s weapon rating range at level 30 is still 18 times the power range VT2 weapons had (300-380 vs 295-300). That alone makes just getting decent statted items in DT a pain in the arse, not even getting into stat distribution, perks, blessings, etc.

2 Likes