Anyone have any Hopium for the May Patch

I don’t know man I don’t really see that kind of thing as malignant. It’s PR and control.

There are more people willing to send death threats to devs over nothing than praise them.

I should clarify that it’s okay to be annoyed/frustrated about it but they aren’t doing it to lie to you, is all I’m trying to say.

1 Like

“We’ve decided to move the comm link to coincide with the Warhammer Skulls event. We appreciate your patience!”

“Due to unforseen difficulties, the May patch will have to be delayed. We understand that this is very disappointing, but we are doing are best to make sure we release quality content.”

Would either of those statements, or something similar to them, have positive reactions? No, they wouldn’t. But it would certainly be a lot better than giving the most blatant lie possible like we’re 6 year olds and going dark again. If good PR is treating everyone like children than this industry is doomed.

1 Like

Well, enjoy your evening. I hope Skulls goes well for everyone.

You as well. I guess? Did I say something wrong or something?

I think the other guy’s point is that you’re taking it too personally. FS isn’t making bad PR moves to spite the consumer or whatever, they’re just historically bad at communicating and delivering on their stated goals, as we know from basically their entire dev history. You’re attributing malice when incompetence is much more likely

Like with the people who get really mad about being referred to as “Rejects”, it’s kind of silly to act so slighted about it. FS is a company, companies don’t care about you, especially after they already got your money. Some are just better at hiding that than others.

2 Likes

I understand that, at least on the rejects part, but it still is just a flat out lie. A really bad one at that. It’s not a poorly worded message, a vague discord message, a weird tweet, they just straight up lied. And I feel the only reason they would do that is to try and avoid backlash? But even if not entirely intentional, I feel like it still implies a certain level of disrespect that they think something so vague could work.

I understand that this is business, and making everyone happy isn’t their priority, making money is. As a customer and part of that transaction, I personally like to feel at least some level of understanding or respect that the company gives. Also having a positive relationship would probably make me more likely to buy those overpriced cosmetics lol.

At the end of the day maybe I’m still making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I’m just trying to explain why that delay irked me.

2 Likes

No. Not in the slightest.

Ideally? Content, content, content. The game needs more substance in every regard. Some more performance optimization and of course the fixing of Backend Errors / Crashes for everyone affected.

Honestly, I think it will be mostly the map, some cosmetics, some bugfixes, some weapon Blessing rebalance will likely happen and maybe another small thing.
I don’t think this patch will be the game changer. I believe this patch will a step in the right direction, but placing all your hopes and dreams on a singular patch would be misplaced.

For people who think about returning and expect big changes, I’d tell them to actually wait until the console release happened. That will be the turning point, I’m sure of it.

I think your expectations are on point.
I don’t think the May Patch was meant to be hyped up this much either. It is just a result of the date being pushed back.

1 Like

Absolutely. I am sure they feel like the pressure is significant. But they’ve dug their own hole (once again) by failing to provide any kind of roadmap or explanation of when the next content drop will be and what it will contain and what the roadmap for future updates will be.

They are just in silent scramble mode and leaving us all hanging. Probably better to avoid creating expecations by being open with the players on the plan. Instead we’ve all just learned to be deeply dissapointed in advance.

2 Likes

so… tomorrow will be patch day or just comms announcing when patch will be and maybe what will it include? the latter right?

I’m fine with how things are, but my attitude to Gaming and a lot of other things changed (mellowed out) in the 2000’s. It was a great Awakening to me then. Many things I loved were taken and destroyed by greater Entities that smalltime individuals and midsized companies couldn’t hope to resist. Among them some of the brightest Gaming studios, too.

The latter, you are correct. Now it will be interesting to see if the May Patch continues to be the May Patch.

at this point having a good plan would be better than no plan and some random patch.

No plan and some random patch has been Fatsharks method since at least 2018.

5 Likes

The latter probably, but patch might come soon to still be in the warhammer week.

My last hope is that those technical difficulties are due to a big change in the game and not just the map. Maybe our first in game event.

I’m pretty sure we’re getting some sweet ordo-docket purchasable drip, but we’ll see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully they’ve also realised how their systems are actually imicible to any new content apart from cosmetics.

New missions: hope the mission board has the new mission on a difficulty you want when you are playing.

New weapons: hope you have enough resources and are lucky enough to get the new weapon with decent stats, perks and blessings.

New classes/archetype: hope you like levelling from scratch with no resource assistance from any other character’s playtime and having to fish for class-unique weapon blessings again.

2 Likes

with some hope the archetype won’t require a new caracter so you only have to get the new weapons.

But yeah, pexing new classes will be a chore. And we will have team of four time the new caracter every day as everyone is pexing it.

By Fatshark’s use of the terminology, archetypes are characters and classes are not careers.

1 Like

Oh wow, never saw that CM post before. They’re talking about those features like they’re already finished and ready to be deployed whenever. Hugely misleading advertising imo.

1 Like

oh indeed, poor terminology for me.

Now the tough talk about career versus classe is clearly bloated and fiction at that point as they are inferior in pretty much any point compared to the Vermintide equivalent as of now.