14k Aquilas vs. Mashup Cosmetics

So Fatshark rewards their secret alpha testers with mashups of already existing cosmetics?

Maybe some people find them appealing, I personally don’t, but that’s a matter of taste.
But it is just soooooo f’king lazy and ungrateful.
Comparing this to the option of 14k Aquilas and the chance to buy what ever you want in the mtx store is just ridiculous.

I’m usually not one to start a war but this is just unacceptable. I’m pissed and once again disappointed in FS.

I never expected the 14k, but maybe atleast some fun money in addition to the skins to buy something you actually want? I think that would have been a good compromise.

39 Likes

They could have also done nothing.
I’m glad they really did go out of their way. Even if it’s a recolor, they probably had someone on the team sit down and do this for a week. The backpack and the border frames are certainly unique. It means they actually invested quite some paid labor / money.

I don’t think it’s lazy. I’m glad they acknowledged it and gave us something. I’m just surprised they don’t come out with the truth that Big M forced the Aquilas situation onto them in some contractual form.

21 Likes

If you get angry about this, than have a look at the weapons-attachments-mod and a specific flamethrower currently obtainable from the cashgrabstore.

1 Like

Recoloring fully unwrapped and textured assets doesn’t take a week my guy. Stop putting scumbags on a pedestal because ‘muh gamedev is hard’. It’s a regular job like any other and should be held to the same standards. Especially if they have been found consistently lacking and anti-consumer. Not to mention downright manipulative.

You’re the sickest case of battered wife and stockholm syndrome I’ve ever seen.

24 Likes

lol

It’s sad that so many people seem to be okay with the bone they throw at us.

16 Likes

There’s no way they would give us the difference in premium currency.

So I anticipated something like them giving us new unique skins instead. Or maybe, I thought, we’ll get just one set of our choice from the premium store. If you played mobile games, sometimes they give out selectors which allow you to choose whatever character or item you want from the gacha.

To be honest these sets look kinda ugly, other than Zealot’s. Which is funny because it’s the most obscured one on the picture. I won’t judge them too harsh before they get into the game, but this render doesn’t make me excited at all. I don’t care for portrait frames you don’t have to earn through gameplay achievements (which show your skill or commitment to the game), these are pointless and no veteran should be excited about them. I will never use them over 500 mission conditions completed or 1000/1500 missions completed portrait frames.

Let’s not pretend they’re thinking of the little guy, it’s just business to them. They did it because of the backlash, otherwise they wouldn’t care at all. The only reason we got anything at all is because people spammed the forums etc.

I have 1k hours in the game, and I think the time I spent enjoying the game is the best reward for me. Instead of this pointless bribery which doesn’t even have any heart behind it, I wish they just added more playable content for free, like weapons and missions. If they are this stingy about cosmetics.

4 Likes

i had been paying for ms pc game pass since this game originally launched just to play this game. the only other game i played during that 9(ish)-month period was starfield(which was ass), and that was only for about 2 weeks. on top of that, i only very recently cancelled my game pass subscription to actually buy this game and the imperial upgrade because it would be more cost effective(seeing as i don’t play anything else from the subscription).

some of you steam players think you got it bad? i paid nearly 170(cdn) for this game + additional aquillas every now and then. granted, it was my fault, but still lol i also missed out on the extra aquillas because i missed the launch edition window for xb… feels bad.

the stuff we’re(pc players) getting is nowhere near the value that console players got but i really don’t think it’s gonna get any better than this. the way i see it is that ms probably had a hand in sweetening the pot for xbox players, and, well, that’s what i’m gonna tell myself… even though i’m playing through ms’ game service… :’)

2 Likes

They’re actually going to. That was at least the stated reason for ingame cash shop. They use that instead of a gated content DLC model.

I’m 95% certain you’re right on the money. And that contractual obligation came with another second NDA clause to make that fruitpunch even punchier. There is no other way. They’d have otherwise given a statement or acknowledged it in more detailled.

This is just the old exclusivity deals we had in the past, with Microsoft trying to revive that (along many other terrible practices such as Gamepass).

The earlier Microsoft is pushed out of the Gaming space for good, the better.

Ah yes… the evil that is Microsoft. Reminds me of when Bungie left them… then it was Activisions fault… now it’s Son- oh wait. Now it turns out they were the massively money hungry MTX twats all along, with no regards to all the devs they fired just a few days ago.

Sometimes a company is just plain and simple bad.

11 Likes

Then stop supporting them, you absolute criminal. They’re an evil company made of bad people who are just trying to get by while making the world a sadder, meaner, more hateful place.

1 Like

Just so quick to defend it as well
I’ve already been called a Karen here.

3 Likes

In theory yes, in practice however, did they really have a choice?

Yeah someone took some time to make this but I’ll be real, this doesn’t show much gratitude for being an early adopter.
You don’t even have to be an early adopter to get this bundle xd

15 Likes

They did have a choice, but doing nothing would have obviously been the worst one to make, so you do have a point.
They gave us a full set for everyone with some extras, which is more than I expected I will be honest.

Of course, the best thing would have been the Aquilas, but if they really can’t, then this isn’t so bad.

3 Likes

I mean the game does class exclusive cosmetics
So every class has to get a set.

So that’s not really special.

We will never be made whole. I weep for us.

3 Likes

Dead space 2 good ending

Yeah me too.
The thing is just that this doesn’t really compare to 14K currency, does it? Even if I wanted to buy all 4 skins (which I absolutely wouldn’t) this isn’t worth it.
It’s not a beta helmet reskin but it’s not so far off of that, that I’m happy about it.

Then there’s also the bit of it not actually being for the crowd that it was originally set out to be for.

As much as this seems like an “we appreciate you” package, this doubles as a sales pitch for the PC version of DT.

You know, the version that comes with 2500 currency. For a game that has skin packs which either cost 2400 or 2900 and the minimum of currency you can buy is 500. In both cases you are left with 100 currency.

Right out of the gate, you get lured into the shop and it’s awful model. The skins here are not so good that you wouldn’t wonder if the shop doesn’t have something you like better… you know, the ever so popular krieg skins f.e.

10 Likes

If true this’ll be an exciting plot twist kek:

14 Likes

If this is the case I will fly to sweden and give Martin Wahlund a nipple twist.

8 Likes

I can imagine Chubby Dolphin forgetting about this and the models/textures aren’t downloaded for equipping so it causes either a crash at worst, or invisible player models for where the models are supposed to load.

2 Likes