Zealot is so skewed

Zealot is just… where to even start with how you butchered this class. Cooldown on ult is higher, gives only 50% toughness, not 100%, range is reduced. Martyrdom stacks are broken, giving you 3 stacks on 100 HP lost instead of 45 (and still saying +5 damage instead of +5% damage on UI), Aura is giving now 7% toughness damage reduction. What a strange number, why 7? Why not 6 or 8? What was balance calculation behind it? And talent that is supposed to regen toughness 4 meter from enemies is straight up not working. Add to that that Veteran has better front line talent that this (8 meters from enemies). Talent that gave crit chance now gives crit on bleeding targets, making it depend on if you have anyone in team with bleeding talents. Or you doing bleed on crits but then all extra crit chance talents got removed/changes so there is no synergy for you. Talent that gives 6 Matryrdom stacks is useless as you get 3 stacks when you are at 100HP lose currently, so to get 6 you need to be at 1 HP instead of being at 110 HP in Closed Beta. Running low HP is already bad design for class in this game as many attacks bypass toughness and chip your HP. Making me run at min. 100 HP to get my stacks and 1 HP to make talent work is just straight up bad. I hope it’s just bug.

12 Likes

I agree. Running a “low HP on purpose” class makes sense in VT2 where we have temp health, so you can cover it up, but in DT it is mostly nonsense. It is not a buff that you would want to keep active at all times, but rather some sort of compensation for having taken damage. I really don’t like this design. Maybe if Zealot had higher 5oughness, or a perk to increase it. Maybe a mechanic by which your toughness bar increases as you get corruption, or something? Would be fluffy.

3 Likes

Yes and what the tier 2 second feat means? Hit 3 or more or more enemies with a single attack deals +10% for 5 seconds… +10% what? Apples? Pears?

2 Likes

Matyrdom is worse than requiring x amount of hp, its actually x% amount of hp missing. I thought that maybe health curios would help get stacks higher with less danger but its not really that effective of an increase. Default appears to be 25% per stack with 1 per default while the 6 stacks seems to change it to 20% per stack (meaning you won’t get stack 6 till your practically dead). Considering the 4% damage per hit reaches max stack in a single cleave there’s really no competition.

especially since like, your main health gets chipped damaged from Melee even if you have full toughness.

1 Like

I don’t understand in what world they think copy and pasting a niche class from Vermintide 2 that relied on THP was a good idea. Legit you’d just get sniped and your toughness pierced into your hp and it’s over.

Not to mention im fairly certain that cosmetic tied to finishing a mission without firing a shot broke my game. Immediately crashed on unlocking it and now my game is crashing non stop

i feel the game need to have a character sheet for we know what do the stats…
honestly a lot of feats of the zealot feel weird or underwhelming.

they want the zealot to rush head first into melee but have nothing to survive the melee… in many time i use my charge for get close of pack of shooter, because that the only way to get close fast enough without be killed.
without forget a lot of the weapon choice of the zealot feel bad… really bad. depending of the combo some are simply useless. it’s hard to strike a good balance between be good against large group or be good against armored enemy… and when you get multiple armored enemy it become crazy.

another point, i understand that the zealot have not a lot of toughness it make sense… but why not make it regen faster hp instead to give us some barely usefull regen of toughness… i means even if the 5% per second of toughness when at less of 4 meter of the enemy was working is as good than killing an enemy with +50%… and at high level melee enemy can shread your 100 hundred in 2 hit… meaning even with this feat line at high level it’s simply useless.

soo far the zealot feel like a tune down dwarf killer of VT2… since you have no tempory hp… no increase of speed more you attack… leading you be you in middle of a group of enemy. you need to wait too far for get any good boost of the feat… like the +5% damage per hit.
i’m level 19 and i feel that as melee i’m either good at killing horde if i use the cleave weapon or decent to kill boss and armored enemy… and even like this i feel the damage to be underwhelming only when i use my charge that i can kill a scab mauler fast…

like said some combo of weapon feel weird and make them not good, i did get my hand on an eviscerator and i feel the combo on this one is mixed for make the weapon weird… a mix of vertical strike with cleave strike and such… but i know that weapon depending of the quality can have different combo maybe with a high version the combo will be smoother.

all in all i feel the zealot feat are a mess and need to be look at.
a point, the class is called preacher… but is more a fanatic at this point… a preacher will rouse them teammate for make them more zealous… when here we are more i rush in middle of the enemy follow my lead.

1 Like

The Class worked great in the CBT. Lots of different ways to play. What we have now I can’t begin to understand the reasoning of any of these “changes” Psyker was just a disgustingly over NERF that they recently attempted to “fix” so that makes me think this was a intentional change. No logic was used in any of the changes made to the classes from the CBT.

1 Like

let’s face it, some of the feat of the zealot make no sense in the way the game is…
a few example:

• the bleed effect on the critical don’t stack and remain at 2 damage… then is pointless on elite with a lot of hp and boss. yes it increase the critical of 10% but do it’s addictive or multiplicative… we don’t know and from what i have seen if we have 10-15% of critical natural we are lucky.
  • the reduction of damage on toughness when you critical… one more time you don’t critical often and sadly at difficulty 2 or 3 simple zombie destroy your toughness in 2-3 hit. and i don’t talk of othen melee that simply shred our 100 toughness super fast.
  • all the stuff around toughness when we are one of the class with the less toughness… honestly zealot are a damage dealer that is nothing different than a fanatic jumping into the fray for kill heretic, they don’t care to survive them only goal is to kill… why we have soo much passive around toughness that barely do anything… like 5% of toughness regenerate per second when you are under 4 meter of the enemy… you realize it’s only 5 toughness right per second when enemy can take 40-50 toughness per hit at least. same for the increase of 50% toughness regenerate in melee… seriously?

now i will talk of trouble of class design… martyrdom… on paper it’s super cool, sadly in the fact it’s a mess, who in is right mind want to remain at low hp in high difficulty? no one… you can be insta killed by a lot of enemy… and on this point i do increase my hp by 50% via curio leading me to 300 hp martyrdom don’t proc if i miss the hp noted…
same the aura… zealot is a fanatic like i have said his main goal in the life is serve the god emperor and kill his enemy even if it means offer his life for this… and his fanatism is something that inspire people… why not make the zealot increase the damage of the group and leave the reduction of toughness damage to the psyker that can use his mind for protect the group.

and please for the love of god emperor… give tempory hp to zealot… make his fanatism able to continue to fight even when wounded… making him someone that will look for the battle…

finally another point… the aura, a loooooot of time as zealot you need to go in melee when psyker and sharpshooter stay far for shoot i don’t have them aura and same for mine that they don’t have… aura is not that easy to maintain… you must choose to maintain the aura effect even if it means well… to wait that enemy get closer… when normally you can go ahead and intercept them and give more freedom for the ranged to do them job.

2 Likes

Only if your toughness is 100, since it’s percent of total.

You can increase that total with curios, which seem to be additive. At 160 (three +20 curios) toughness you’d get 8 points per second while in melee range.

IMO this skill is underrated.

Meanwhile veteran has 200thoughness, which you can increase to 300+ giving him 15/s not counting coherency
Your point?
Thing with Zealot is that as soon as anything hits you, it goes straight to your health.
And if it ain’t the melee dudes (all completely harmless, melee enemies have never been my cause of death yet), it sure is the plenty sources of ranged damage taht will.
Two enemies firing at you at once are enough for that. That’s the simplest encounter and it is basically the basis of every other encounter in the game.

I’m a bit tired of having to play mental jenga to survive while sharpie and psyker just go brrr.

Also 5% means nothing if you just killed the dude and the next dude shooting at you is 5m away :rofl:

Not saying the game is balanced, and Zealot is lacking for sure, with several busted skills.

Balance is also not a strong suit of Fatshark (RI bloodrazor moonbow SoTT being a thing for what was it? 8 months?), I mean VT2 is balanced off a community mod because FS could not do it themselves.
But what I’m saying is that skill in particular is not as bad as people are making it out to be, especially since it has synergies with curios.

Pretty sure a lot of skill & damage values will be adjusted based on the feedback the Devs get from the beta though, we already saw a psyker boost for example.

And if you can’t dodge two enemies shooting at once, it’s a matter of GitGud™. If you’re trying to dodge a squad of shooters, it’s likely your positioning that’s wrong.

WHen the game spawns a squad of 8 shooters in my back, there isn’t much one can do.
The stun grenade is an amazing breaching tool, but again: you don’t have many and share supplies.

The strategy that’s been mostly working, is rushing enemies while they are unaware and not trenched up.

But sometimes the game gives you the middle finger and sets you against a gunline, in an empty corridor, without any flanking options (looking at you Ammunition Raid Mission, with your multiple choke points)

Yeah I mean Zealot is nearly a 1 for 1 rip from V2 based on default skills, thing is in V2 you had temp health. Why does the Zealot have half the of the toughness Veteran has when its constantly in melee, yes it has 50 more health but playing Heresy or higher is close to impossible when using 6 stack martyrdom (which was intentionally changed from 15 to 30 hp after closed beta) leaves you with 20 hp without curios (If it works properly). Vet is currently better than zealot pre level 25 in combat since he has 2x the toughness which means he effectively gets more on kills than the zealot since its % based. The ability only restoring 50% toughness would be fine if Zealot had a base of 200 but it doesn’t.

Either up the toughness of zealot to 200 or reduce the martyrdom stacks back to 15, in high tier its pretty unplayable compared to other classes.

So I was messing around in Psykhanium and noticed my range weapons seems to get the bonus damage after dash (not the guaranteed crit). Seemed to be more than 25% as well as it was taking combat shotgun mauler body shots from 214 damage up to a bit over 300. Only tested with shotgun but it happened reliably.

Hope that interaction stays TBH, doesn’t seem particularly abuseable since it’s a single shot, but makes dash shotgunning to dispose of pesky specials feel pretty nice.

That’s disappointing to hear. The dagger feels like it has around 15-20% base crit chance on basically all its attacks so was wondering if that bleed talent could do some work with it. Non stacking 2 damage per tick is just depressing, though I guess dagger could probably keep the bonus crit chance up decently but I hope they buff the bleed effect. I could see that being a solid fun talent with the right loadout if they made the dot less wimpy.

got all the classes to 11 and preacher was my expected main shes at 23 i think. its defo by far the weakest class , vet has double your toughness, ogre can regen 20 toughness for each heavy attack off just the t5 feat.

and emperor help you if you find yourself in a game with no ogre and a couple of psykers because everything will be shooting you

the class just doesnt have tools relevant to its actualy experience its a lazy copy paste and it doesnt work (talking relative)

I dont agree with you guys. Zelot is ok. Yes have bugged talents and is kinda wierd how is work. Like is +5dmg much or not, how bleeding work, when and how i do crit dmg working.

And I’ve been playing for about 30 hours, I’m lvl 30 since yesterday with zelot. (screen also from yesterday and weapons haven’t changed much)

It’s a very aggressive style of play, close contact. You run with 2hp 75% of the time. How many times have I fallen and had to be rescued? I have no idea.
Practically the fun begins when you get a 2hand chainsword or thunder hammer and flamethrower.

You have to do a lot of dodging / blocking / pushing during the fight and, above all, learn to shorten the distance / avoid bullets on the slide. I specifically rewrote crouching to the 5th mouse button to make it faster and easier.
Additional stamina and stamina regen is important from Curios

Zealot is ok, and I’m having more fun here than its V2 counterpart

I really enjoy playing it even on +3 difficulty. I finished level 4 of Endless horde with 3 zealots. and it was the opponent who had the problem with distance, not us :smiley:

Is all fine, just game need fix feats and talk more about how it really works with weapons, talents

Cleared this people never played VM2 (zealot) or never mastered the class there. It works just fine! I’m having a very easier time lvling my preacher now than my Veteran (first toon, now lvl30). I can only imagine what delight it will be at lvl 30 with preacher. If you played (well) zealot in VM2 you know EXACTLY what to do with your build here and how to play it.
Plus, I’m pretty sure there will be a lot of class changes and tweaks in the next few weeks (months). So relax, learn your class! Man, there are ppl mad at me cause I dont wanna heal with the preacher, clearly they don’t understand it. Even other preachers!
There’s a learning curve in this game (Tide games) and it takes more than 1 week to master it. If VM2 is anything to go by, try 500 hours, and you still be learning new ways to play it.

Look buddy, the reason people are mad at you for not healing as zealot is because you can still take chip damage through your toughness from melee attacks. It is completely unviable and reckless to run around as zealot with 2 hp since 1 stray melee hit will kill you if you dont have your passive up. Also considering how broken ranged ai is, if you try to close in on a group of corrupted guardsmen at that health, whats likely to happen is you will lock 1 of the guardsmen in melee as the rest of the guardsmen proceed to mag dump your ass inviting you to a dirt nap. As it stands zealot can not get away with having max passive stacks like v2. You will just die.

2 Likes