Youtube reactions to the last patch

There’s another 20 'ish pages of negative community response since I posted the thread about it a few days ago difficult to pretend this patch is not a disaster when you gather up all the evidence like these videos^ and that community response. Reviews back to mixed people dropping out requesting refunds… yeh better if they had not done anything and just gone and enjoyed a nice long weekend instead of buggering up the game for a TON of people before the Easter break.

What is it with Fat shark and breaking the game then going afk for a holiday lol

3 Likes

he says:
quote–“the reason that the powersword was broken, if you had powercylcler, it could bug out or you could force it to bug out.”"–
that is his only claim

powersword was outperforming other weapons with and without powercycler, by huge margins, in all metrics except that mobility is more akin to twohanded weapons
does that warrant the spikes in offensive numbers? well from what we know of twohanded weapons in DT it does not, no other weapon with comparable mobility, has such high offensive capabilities.

3 Likes

Most of the weapons in the game feel like garbage though, I don’t want a weapon balanced around “the majority” as those are the claw swords and recon lasguns. Effective weapons are all stand outs.

2 Likes

even if they only drop 380s i would still hate the system, it fundamentally feels bad when you invest in an item and it gets bricked, and that will never change, even if they change the economy in our favor.

4 Likes

→ “People don’t even want to play the game now”
→ “Everything will be gated by game time” (it’s like he’s new to Gaming or something)
→ “IT’S GETTING WORSE”
proceeds to rant about unrelated other stuff
→ “haha penis joke”
→ My opinion matters
→ “They NEED to unlock perks and blessings”
→ “y’all”
→ “Please like and subscrooooob”
not gonna make it (through Damnation+ that is)

Sorry but all I see here is one thing:

6 Likes

They nerfed it a while ago but you could still chain heavy swings past what it was supposed to be able to do.

When they released the new power sword you could get unlimited heavy swings with that.

That’s all the ones I know about would not be surprised if there where more and since nerf ive had moments where ive had more swings than I was supposed too.

Honestly are you surprised by bugs etc? :slight_smile:

Bad implementation and bugs I can live with be patient while they fix it even help them with bug reports.

But if they are going to keep moving the goal posts on how weapons work with heavy handed poorly thought out nerfs like these in patch#7…

@ Mayson Did you watch the first video on the list by Claysthetics? None of your post applies to his video and your weird giga chad picture also makes no sense did you make that yourself?

3 Likes

facepalm, not what i meant at all,

his claim is that, the fact that PS had/has a bug that made it broken,
but even if you were to use it correctly it still outshines all other weapons in terms of offensive values.

the reason PS is broken is not and never was the fact that you could do a 4-6th swing its the fact that you could do more than one swing with a substantially better cleave dmg profile (maintaining dmg past the 3rd enemy hit), while simultaniously having higher dmg values than any other weapon, that seeks to fill the same role.

everyone knows that fatshark never excelled in balancing, not once can i recall a nerf that was implemented in a wholly satisfactory manner, yet every time they did it their games were better after.

4 Likes

Most of it still filters to a lot of rage, like the idea that the people who wanted these changes are anti meta crusaders trying to square peg bad weapons in Damnation. That entire projection assumes that all of the weapons in the game were created to be played at different difficulty levels which is just patently false. And even if that were the design intent that would be extremely boring and kill the game off much faster than the current content drought.

Which is what I would still blame, its the same game underneath even with more conditions we can’t play and it needs more, everything. More maps, more enemies, NEW weapons, more modes. The ability to play what you want, no inventory and resources siloing. Use your Antax on all 3 guys.

Instead we get to waste so much time sliding numbers around on the power sword because they built it around a blessing that shouldn’t exist or not be T4 only and a lame power mechanic that is bad and annoying in the entire rest of the game. And not just removing AP on Zealot Ult with flamethrower only so they can gobble all packs.

7 Likes

Actually, every single thing I wrote down was a citation from him, minus the “Like and Subscribe” comment. That was just for aesthetics.
But yeah, I wrote it a little for comedic effect down like that.

Still, I think it’s silly to complain about the recent nerfs that much. Flamer is still really good. Powersword could have been rebalanced differently, but it’s not the total knockout.

1 Like

Time stamps.

It did you could chain more heavy hits than you where supposed to be able to after the nerf before this one (lol) trust me I was using it the entire time. I’m not going to dig through the old patch notes but it was limited to XX energised swings and it did more than it was supposed to. The unlimited energised swings he spoke about I did not know about.

This game is riddled with bugs like that recently on reddit a guy was talking about some sht he was using that just got fixed

The rest of your post is just complaining about how much damage and cleave energised power sword hits do but considering that is still exactly the same and it was the total amount of swings per activation that was nerfed why don’t you suggest to fat shark to leave the amount of swings the same and change the damage and cleave values instead. (like I have done)

1 Like

by saying “the fact” im already acknowledged the existence of the bug, are you that dense?

Either you didn’t use the power sword don’t have a veteran or don’t know what your talking about.

2 Likes

I think that bug was related to the old mechanic of how charging the heavies would retain charge for more swings. That should have stayed since it was the only brain activity used.

You mean as opposed to smashing lmb1 with a combat axe lol no brain cells are required for this F’ing game you people have some over inflated opinion of your sevles and this game is simple and easy to play at the hardest difficulties.

Now ive wasted enough of my time here with you lot enjoy your weekend.

5 Likes

Don’t know in which of the videos it was said and where it was said. I quickly skimmed through pressing on the timelines and those were a handful of sentences that popped out. And I’m not going to sit through 50 mins of video to find it again. No way.

I’m not even disagreeing with the core message of what the YTer of the first video says (looked it through because I was looking for the timestamp) to be honest. But I do find the sentiment that it takes special Influencers to make a point a bit silly and hence I wrote that response.

1 Like

if youtubers, the objectively worst players in any game, are upset, then it means the game quality is improving. with luck we will have a game balanced enough youtubers will refuse to play entirely because they have to play well to justify watching them.

3 Likes

Hopefully fatshark learned a lesson from this patch. Stop listening to gatekeeping forum warriors about what to nerf or buff. This is a pve game. No ranks. No score. There are so many other fish to fry. This patch was an obvious cave to moaners, and fatshark looks cowardly for acquiescing to it.

Yes. Some of you here are indeed the sweat-lord gatekeepers making this games community insufferable.

2 Likes

Honestly I doubt anything this smart or nefarious occured, I feel like they just wanted to make the P Sword equivalent to the Illisi and people didn’t like it.

2 Likes

Maybe just get better and stop relying on broken stuff, so nerfs won´t effect you much?

Or how about choosing a lower difficulty that caters you and let´s you feel broken on any weapon? High int malice is still fun i guess… and that´s with any weapon.

And even those need balance or they´ll become stale very fast.

Yeah those sweat-lords are the issue, not the egoists going rampage and starts insulting because 2 weapons got some minor nerfs. This is so ridiculous it´s insane.

4 Likes

I mean I guess that would make me a “Redditor?” I’m having more fun with the Flamer post nerf than before. And as it’s been said everywhere the P sword was probably hit a bit too hard, so I feel like in general things are fine…

Soulblaze nerf was unnecessary. Reduce stagger on Purgatus and we’re good.

2 Likes