Happy with the patch, Fatshark is listening

The patch proves the game is headed in the right direction, so I’m willing to tone down my criticism of the game. Things are improving. Not going to dump on the patch because it’s not doing everything I want.

12 Likes

Yeah, feels good to see some new things and have some ability to craft weapons. Melk changes and round-reward changes all very welcome.

1 Like

IDK. Coming as a grinding addict that loves trying out different builds, Darktide still gives me chronic depression every time I get out of a mission knowing I have a terrible chance to MAYBE make that new item /w blessings that I want to try out.

My personal crafting experience has been crap. All of the crafting stuff I saved up went into a SINGLE gun (I’m not going for perfect rolls BTW) only to find out the blessing I wanted to try doesn’t even work, because it’s bugged. The worst part is I’m pretty sure statistically I got lucky.

5 Likes

What we got with this patch is definitely a stronger base to expand on than FS started with. Still needs work but it feels a lot better than before and my opinion on Darktide is no longer full doomer for the time being.

That said, I did almost put the game back on the shelf for another month because my first three attempts at joining a mission failed. In fact, I probably have something like 20% success rate at joining a mission or entering the hub successfully on the first try. We still desperately need a major performance/stability patch before I put any more time into this.

Excellent patch. Now they need to work on stability and bug fix (did I say Rashad bug?)

Anyways, I love this patch. Now I can get anything I want with time.

Even if we are still in RNG fest, the fact that a damnation run provides 600+ plasteel is a huge improvement. Now, the resources I lack the most is docket lol…

February 24, 2023 - State of the Game
Reflections (v1.0.3 / Patch 4 Blessings on the Omnissiah)

The reflections below build on the Wishlist of Minimum Desired Improvements to Make Darktide Rock thread. Check out that thread for the full list.

• (-) The crafting system was implemented as planned, but the item/blessing perks remain locked. That stinks. Hopefully they will address this in the future.
  • (++) The rewards and level of involvement needed to meet the weekly challenges feels much better. Ironically, given how quickly you can burn through them now, it may achieve the goal of getting people to do the challenges on multiple characters, which is great.
  • (-) The improvements to the item shop feel like a bust. Variance on grey items you purchase is way too high (280? to 380?) so it’s only worth throwing money at it if you’re swimming in $$$.
  • (+) Melks shop items seems better and more accessible given increase in Melk money.
  • (-) I don’t like that the Exchange’s green/blue items have much lower tier level blessings on average :frowning:
  • (-) The interfaces for tracking blessings are a mess. You can only see what you already have at the time you to go re-bless an item, so it’s a ton of menus to jump through. Instead of having a separate tab for each tier of blessings, would’ve been better to just have one that just shows the highest level you’ve achieved.
  • (-) Menu sorting is also obnoxious because it resets all the time.
  • (+) Supply of crafting materials feels better balanced and paced as well.
  • (-) Previewing cosmetics implemented for many things, and views enhanced in the premium shop, but you still can’t preview premium cosmetics on your actual character.
  • (++) Great to see the build slot system added! Makes it really easy and fun to track multiple builds! Great job there.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.