Would load times be any faster if I installed on SSD or is it server issues?

Issue Type (Required):

Latency

Issue Description (Required):

I love the game but half of the time is spent waiting behind loading screens and I’m wondering if it would work faster if I installed the game on SSD or is it server issues.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Microsoft Store (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Ch1mpanzzz

Upload Supporting Evidence (Optional):

Any game will always have improved load times on SSD over a HDD install. I highly recommend SSDs anyway. They’re cheap nowadays. Samsung are great

Laoding times will still be rubbish but also it depends on someone’s else’s machine… If I load a map by myself then it’s near instant. But the game must wait for all people to load the map… And some people might have slow machines.

2 Likes

It’s a server/backend issue. You can have the fastest SSD out there but if you get hit by the 5-10 minute loading bug you can either wait it out or restart your game, from what I’ve seen.

Darktide is the only game I have long loading times on with my m.2 ssd. It’s pretty much random as well. Sometimes it’s just a few seconds. Sometimes I’m stuck waiting as I mentioned above. I believe there’s someone in the forums that figured out the actual reason for the long loading times.

Edit:

Here’s the thread for it

From what I see there’s still no fix for it.

The SSD will likely help, and we’ve ironed out many of the issues pertaining to slow loading, but some issues continue to be reported even with SSDs.

1 Like