Why is everyone finding a reason to complain about Huntsman?

I’m thoroughly done running your circles. Even now with video evidence you can’t concede that huntsman’s design is coherent and powerful.

The bow CAN headshot easily with its current controls. It is not difficult. It is always worthwhile.

You’ve been pushing this “buff huntsman” agenda for weeks now in one form or another, even though huntsman is in a very good place now relative to most classes. You want huntsman to function purely with bodyshots? You want him to have infinite ammo? You want him to have perfect accuracy equivalent with Kerillian? Maybe what you really want is to play Kerillian or Bounty Hunter in a different skin.

We do not need or want another bounty hunter or pyromancer. The content should not be even further trivialized from the pre-1.05 faceroll it was.

2 Likes
  • Passive or talents, same thing, just a wasted “slot”. And yes, for me it is about headshot;

• yes, I think that: to kill a CW without active is not an efficient technique;

• bodyshotting is an huntsman’s strength; so yes, I should.

Nope, zero evidence. Bodyshotting is an huntsman’s strength… so I would like also talents that improve this style.

TBH your video evidence of shooting a few mobs that were standing still…is not evidence.

Consistently getting headshots during boss+horde+specials is what we’re talking about to make huntsman make use of his passives and talents. That sounds like a class with a significantly higher skill ceiling than anything else in the game, especially considering that YES, his bow IS less accurate than WS, it gives you a 1 second window to fire, has a winddown period after firing in which you cannot switch weapon etc…

Pretty sure I can get more kills and damage for a match with my FK than most people could with huntsman, and bring far more utility to boot.

1 Like

Passive aren’t really slots, given that characters have an arbitrary amount of them.
I would actually like to see a passive that helps the other 2 weapons.
It’s literally extra damage after a crit, nothing at all about headshots.

• yes, I think that: to kill a CW without active is not an efficient technique;

You don’t need to kill it to take advantage of having done significant damage without putting you at risk and/or increased damage with melee afterward.

• bodyshotting is an huntsman’s strength; so yes, I should.

Are you really arguing that you should always go for bodyshots, even on easy headshots (i.e. ambients)?

And high skill ceilings are bad now?

3 Likes

Kruber right now:

Merc > Foot knight > Huntsman

Sad story…

• “wasted slot” because IMHO he should have more interesting passive that improve ALSO his bodyshotting style;
    About headshot cause, without +25% crit after headshot, just 15% chance is too much low (10% based one + 5% on trinket);

• yes, I can shot some arrows and to pray that “% works”… but is not a so big advantage that reward us about lack of talents that improve bodyshot;

• an huntsman’s strength is his ability to kill with bodyshot… so I would like talents for this style.

It is proof of concept.

Does it? Doesn’t matter what I play, I always try to headshot the moving special in the mob or while dodging a boss. Doing that with the bolt’s right click is no small feat and requires practice and plenty of mechanical skill. Have you tried hitting an assassin with that thing? It has a relatively longer travel time, and if its not fully charged or a crit, you don’t kill the special and have to do it again. I’d rather let the Huntsman deal with that any time of the week.

It is one of the rarer careers to come cross, but those that I have played with in Legend are usually very good. Naturally casual players will always be more attracted to the flavour of the month than something with a high skill cap.

1 Like

Saw video.

No intention to be rude, but it’s kind of nonsense. Shooting a few standing mobs short-mid range while, occasionally, headshotting. I think we’re talking about powercapped legend. Everyone is probably capable of equal or superior aim.
I could also do a video about how the repeater is also an underrated weapon because “Hey, I can hit when I’m standing and the target is still and my gun is right up their head”.

I wouldn’t say that playing decently with the Huntsman requires more skill than other classes and I’ll show an anecdote.
In a few games of Against the Grain I’ve played as WS (or even HM) in the same team as a Pyro. In these games we usually stood right at the first fence overlooking the grain field and sniped the Whole area clean of SV and Maulers. Sienna also took the CW, because she can.

Fact. The Huntsman is less accurate. His markmanship “feats” place him right behind a melee player. I argue that he’s not doing so much to justify playing him instead ANY other class.

For the sake of argument I’ll call for a Huntsman feat that CANNOT be achieved by any other career. Especially his ranged peers.
note: “But hey, BH, PYRO and WS are OP”. They are what the game has as ranged atm.

1 Like

@CommanderJ @souI23 @birdman
I think it’s a fair criticism that my clips were too in vitro so here you go — 100% uncut legend pub Skittergate:

To be clear I’m no expert and this definitely shouldn’t be taken as optimal play. Nonetheless, in the presence of some competent players I earn the lion’s share of green circles and, more importantly, I fulfill a much needed role of consistent elite and special sniping, especially in the absence of the usual meta crutches Trueshot and Burning Head.

If you just want to see an excerpt watch the 5 minutes leading up to Gatekeeper Naglfahr starting at 12:35. You’ll see plenty of mid-horde headshots, special kills, and chaos warrior disposal all the while keeping topped off on ammo.

Killing several chaos knights in ~5 seconds with the use of one class active.

2 Likes

We luckily didn’t hit a chaos patrol in that run.

The timestamp wasn’t half bad. Although I expected a patrol.

It was certainly quicker than what a Pyro/BH would do, but I’ll argue that it’s probably on crits too.
Please share build and +dmg stats.

1 Like

Sure thing.

Talents:

Gear:

Credit to @Positron for labbing out the necessary power vs threshholds here.

wow. the huntsman is actually really powerful, his longbow is super strong. the ability to one shot SVs, knock down maulers and stagger CWs, along with his ability to knock off hard targets and do massive burst dps… it’s a very strong dps class.

yea i’m going along with the good ol’ GIT GUD.

IMO, huntsman is powerful class but require skill to be good at him unlike BH and Pyro
Actually lately I hate BH and Pyro players b’cuz most of them tend to rely on there item too much and ignore the basic of this game about block,push n dodge.

Huntsman is always a storng class and even stronger after 1.0.5 cuz his cri aura now is a thing but many ppl doesnt realize how important free 5% cri chance he provide
He’s only 1in3 class that can snipe special from afar effectively
Unlimited ammo if you have good aim and actually its doesnt that hard to land headshot with l.bow cuz how big ammo hit box is, land headahot with handgun or blunderbuss are much more harder to me

And the most important thing to me is… He can use the strongest melee weapon halberd!!!
He’s the most versatile range focus class in this game b’cuz his melee weapon choices.
Honestly why FS guve him access to all Kruber’s melee weapon, he is very good at special killing and still very good at CC if he bring sword&shield, very good against armor/horde/CC if he bring halberd.

Only downside for huntsman I hate is sometimes when I use skill it make my screen bugged since 1.0.4.2

this is another topic, but it’s very obvious to me when a bad player is using these classes rather than a good one. for some reason most people here think that just by equipping some weapon + class automagically makes you an asset to your team. it does not. a bad player on a pyro or BH will be more of a liability if they’re not doing the right things like positioning themselves correctly or shooting the right targets or not knowing how to advance and retreat at the proper times.

It looks sooo much better than Kerillians LB without the zoom. I find her zoom so disorienting.

Also Hunstman is fine. My friend tops every game with it no matter what else we get. Boss damage is super high + elite killing + Halberd for melee. Can’t beat it. You can kill Chaos Knights with body shots.

1 Like

You still misunsterstand my point of view: bodyshots are a part of huntsman’s style, a part of his strentgh… so I would like also talents that improve this style.

A part of his strength, yes. A part of his style? That’s less objective.

I think it’s clear from his talents and passives that headshots are very much part of his style as intended by fatshark, and clear from my demonstrations that it’s a completely viable use of him.