Why is everyone finding a reason to complain about Huntsman?

There is exactly one line about headshots.
While i would agree that huntsman relies on them for effectiveness, it is definitely not the amount of talents about headshots that cause it.

• also with max zoom handgun is not 100% accurate.

I have honestly never missed (outside of me not being on target) when fully aimed in. It does take forever to achieve, though. I am not sure about the exact accuracy, but it’s certainly sufficient for all intents and purposes.

CW patrols must be avoided and, anyway, there is active for this situations… you can stunlock with headshot just a lonely CW that walk toward you.

Because there are only 2 scenarios, you either have a lonely CW walk toward you, with all the time in the world to land a staggering amount of headshots or it’s a chaos pat. Never had to fight a CW with other enemies around, or more than 1 CW without it being a pat?

Other specials like packmaster, sorcerer, leech and berserk die with one headshot or two bodyshot also without talents.

One headshot, two bodyshots or one crit (which was exactly the point).

His career passive is also bound on headshot. No headshot no ammo recovery so he’s a regular guy
carrying ammo bags.

It’s not 100% accurate. That would be an elf bow.

@topic
Because Huntsman talents and weapons have little synergy together. He’s very clunky to play.

For the sake of expediency comparing just to BH which has a critical/ammo-regen cycle which can be used around every 5 seconds or so. The BH also keeps insta-kills on a button instead of the Huntsman’s fov-reducing green-world mode, also staggers bosses just for the lulz.

As i said, i don’t disagree that he relies on headshots, what i am disputing is that the amount of talents that deal with headshotting is the reason.

It’s not 100% accurate. That would be an elf bow.

I can’t really confirm or deny it, since testing in the keep seems to indicate close enough for both of them. I would like to know how you know, though.

Fair enough, but the Huntsman is designed around using handgun or longbow and both have sufficient accuracy.
I don’t think Blunderbuss and repeater are making a comeback for this career.

In my tests there’s a slight spread shown by decals. However I think what affects most the aim is that accuracy is not linear, it takes a long time to reach max. By then, Sienna beam staggered the target.
Maybe there’s also some other effect that I’m missing.

Huntsman going full crit build (5% from passive aoe, 5% from blunderbuss and 5% from trinket) with a blunderbuss with Scrounger is one of the most op build that this game can offer atm.

You simply do not run out of amo and can kill pretty much everything. Not to mention that you also get to bring an halberd to top it all off.

I get most specials killed, most elites killed and 9-14k damage dealt consistently with such a build. It’s completely broken. Blunderbuss deletes everything but pack master and bosses (both can be dealt with with the halberd anyway). Your ultimate allows you to destroy Chaos Warriors with ease… And you can pretty much eat a storm patrol alive with said ultimate. Get yourself a strength or concentration pot and you can do the same to Chaos patrols.

I’ve yet to try his bow though… Based on the feedback in here, I really should give it a go.

Brief clip for anyone claiming the bow can’t make consistent headshots:

I’ve done this at longer ranges with less time to aim, on storm sorcerers for example. Horizontal scatter is really negligible.

Unrelated but I noticed a bug at 0:42 — the hookrat gets hit with a penetrating headshot but doesn’t give me the crit buff.

_Edit: Better vid uploaded later in the thread: Why is everyone finding a reason to complain about Huntsman? - #51 by Jelly

1 Like
  • Passive and three talents based on headshot… too much; also alternatives are bad… so you haven’t choice;

• maybe it is enough… but reward, in comparison with weapon’s quality, is so poor; also, talents against bosses, with handgun, are bad.

• now active has short cooldown… if there is a lonely CW and many enemies, using active still is better choice; without active we need four headshots… too much while enemies are around you;

• ??? You would like headshot one enemy to get bonus and then hit special’s body and pray for a crit? So inefficient

Huntsmans passive sets up mood. Withot it it feels like playing regular guy. You NEED headshots because of the design. Ignoring it would be like shootong in leg.
Because of his passive there is a bunch of talents that will help you do that.
Aim
Crit on head
Crit on head with debuff
More ammo returns
Faster reload
While we have noncosistant-headshot weapons(blunderbuss and rg) those talents are useless, while bow is supreme for huntsman(exclusivly). And handgun, well, as you’ve said, it can score headshots, but it takes so long to aim and, you know, when you will be ready, sienna would kill it and three other guys, as well as kruber with bow would kill those 3 guys, that would also kill more enemies when tgey would run toward you, and when boss appear he would shoot more,faster and powerfull enough.

Im not against headshot strat(as long as i can choose, do i want headshot strat or not), i just want to play range kruber with rg,bb or hg and be as effective, as with bow.

I agree, but in part… also headshotting with bow is just a little nonsense… it is not accurate as Kerillian’s bow, and it can bodyshot most specials… so we would aim to head just again bosses and few specials. This let us to recover few arrows. Furthermore, also talents like mor crit then headshot are limited… useful just against bosses.

I uploaded that vid and you’re still stammering out this nonsense. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Seriously, what the fart is up with all these people who keep saying huntsman bow is not accurate?! I can’t see any difference between it and elf longbow, and my friends who play huntsman have no problem scoring headshots all over the place.

I am starting to think these people just sick at aiming.

Wich video?

Their bows are different. It is a fact.

All three headshot talents are in one line, there is literally nothing else to choose.

• now active has short cooldown… if there is a lonely CW and many enemies, using active still is better choice; without active we need four headshots… too much while enemies are around you;

I’m not sure if you ever played on legend, but you definitely can’t use your active for every CW that has company.

• ??? You would like headshot one enemy to get bonus and then hit special’s body and pray for a crit? So inefficient

You don’t need to rely on it for it to be useful, specials often need to be taken out quickly, if you were already using your weapon beforehand, spamming bodyshots can sometimes be your only option, at which point a crit allows you to oneshot those you wouldn’t otherwise.

I’m not disputing that (and also don’t really care to).

• it is not true, we have passive and we also have more damage after crit (this is another line)… and we need an headshot to have a nice crit % (in fact we must use four power vs X so we can’t make a critic based build);

• I am not sure if you are ever played on legend… to stunlock a CW you need luck, need time, need skill, need “free field”, need a CW that walks toward you (if CW attacks he could “hide” his head)… it is not a easy operation that you can always do while surrounded by enemies… and if you can, probably you would be more efficient helping in melee. CWs are thought to be killed by melee;

• I don’t understand… should spawn a special that you can not kill with bodyshot > you should do an headshot > should spawn another special that you can not kill with a bodyshot > you should hit the body and pray that crit appears?

Headshots are not luck. You don’t need crit on items to have high and effective crit. Scroll up and watch the damn vid.

1 Like

But your assertion was that it was the amount of talents dealing with headshots, crit after damage does not.
As a reminder, that’s what you said

Simply too many talents about headshot…

• I am not sure if you are ever played on legend… to stunlock a CW you need luck, need time, need skill, need “free field”, need a CW that walks toward you (if CW attacks he could “hide” his head)… it is not a easy operation that you can always do while surrounded by enemies… and if you can, probably you would be more efficient helping in melee. CWs are thought to be killed by melee;

The point was that you cannot simply stunlock or use your active for every CW, so extra damage after crit or crit chance are very helpful in dealing with them.

• I don’t understand… should spawn a special that you can not kill with bodyshot > you should do an headshot > should spawn another special that you can not kill with a bodyshot > you should hit the body and pray that crit appears?

Huh?
Headshot a SV, because that’s what you were doing anyway, storm sorc spawns and casts, you fire at him, he dies because of crit before he can teleport away.
As an example sitaution.

I have watched your video, but it does not interfere with my opinion… I have not said that it is impossible to headshot, but that:

• when I bodyshot enemies (bow’s strength), I don’t get profit by some talents (this is a fact);
  • bow has not zoom and gives us less time to aim (another fact).
  • it was included, obv… maybe a misunderstanding? No, problem, I will repeat my self: Waste Not, Want Not, MAKE ‘EM BLEED, TAAL’S BLESSING, MAKIN’ IT LOOK EASY, THRILL OF THE HUNT… Imho too many talents about headshot while:

• they are useless with blunderbuss and rep gun;
    • they are useless with any weapons if I can bodyshot (and I can do it against most specials).
  • to headshot CW without active, is useless in emergency situation.

• ? You can bodyshot SV.

Make 'em bleed is not about headshots, waste not, want not is not a talent, leaving you with 3 talents (that are all mutually exclusive) that deal with it.

• to headshot CW without active, is useless in emergency situation.

If you consider gaining increased damage and dealing significant damage with a crit useless, sure.

• ? You can bodyshot SV.

Just because you can does not mean you should, even just for saving ammo.