IMPORTANT: there are already tons of huntsman balance thread (one of them is mine: look linked thread), in fact, today, I’m NOT here to ask buff… this is another story. The problem I will try to explain, it would rimain also with a super buff.
There are two big points:
half of huntsman’s passive/talents, are about headshot… but, his weapons, are not thinked to accuracy aim:
- coach gun: obv reasons, simply you can’t aim to headshot;
- rep gun: same thing; too much recoil/spread, it is thinked to rapid fire;
- handgun: it’s a fire gun but, to max accuracy, it needs too much time as a bow! Even, max accuracy, isn’t 100%;
- longbow: it loses accuracy. I KNOW, you have full damage also without full charge, but in this way we have less time to aim… Kerillian’s bow hasn’t this problem. “BUT HUNTSMAN BOW HAS MORE BODY DAMAGE”, very well, I agree, so give us another talents… and leave headshot to Keri, it’s her style.
An important huntsman’s role is boss killer, so 25% crit chance after headshot, could be nice… but the only way to make huntsman just viable is to give him four bonus “pover vs X”, so we can’t use that talent for crit power/chance build!
We have the problem “ranged career with infinite bullets”… so they should make only Waystalker with recover bullets (this would need some balance to Bounty Hunter/Pyromancer, but it is another story) and they should give more appropriate talents to Huntsman… they could resolve two problems with one only fix!
Huntsman only has the bow:
A ranged career with one only weapon… so sad, but true.
- coach gun: decent weapon, but it doesn’t nothing against bosses (also it can not to kill packmaster)… so bad for a ranged/boss killer career. Also its spread is bugged (it doesn’t hit the “center of the screen”); killing a simple SV is so unsure;
- rep gun: a dull weapon; low penetration, so it’s bad against crowd… too many hits to kill specials/elites… low damage against bosses (and you are uncovered during rapin fire);
- handgun: garbage weapon for previous reasons (read above: slow weapons, etc etc), and also it has NOT more efficient breakpoints in comparison with bow…
Thanks for reading, greetings and… and as my profile picture says, sorry for bad english.