I haven’t included all weapons, just the ones I felt knowledgeable about. I’ve also made some suggestions for the stagger talents, the thp talents and an item property.
- L3: Now chains into H2 for visual consistency. 10% crit chance removed. Speed nerf reverted. Logical for an underhand attack to be faster (already is, this is to reinforce it).
- Push attack’s cleave changed to the Greataxe’s heavies. Keeps it distinct from the other lights and matches visually with the way Kruber pulls the swing back and ‘charges’ it.
- Bodyshot armour dmg of heavies reduced by 5% and crit chance reduced to 10% from 20%. Still has high stagger, but as a sword it should require finesse vs armour.
- H1 block delay after releasing increased. Prevents block cancelling which inflates its single target dps too much and gives it a fair amount of commitment for its dmg.
- Dmg of the light stab vs berserkers upped by 10%. Gives it a purpose over the overhead. Makes sense for a quick stab to be a good way of dealing with dangerous berserkers.
- H1 now cleaves Maulers like Dual Sword lights. Gives a small amount of control.
- Lights now cleave Maulers like Dual Sword lights. Gives them a use over the heavies.
- Movement speed reduced to 50% during heavy charging. Buffed to 60% from 20% in the recent weapon balance. Brings back the heavy feel while keeping its unique mobility.
- Riposte given a 0.25 inner block cost modifier. Normal blocking retains 0.5 modifier.
- L2 now chains into H1 and vice-versa.
- Movement slowdown on H2 & H3 changed to match the lesser slowdown of H1.
- Dodge range reduced to 1.15 from 1.2 to reduce overlap with 1h Sword and because it’s appropriate for a weapon that’s between a two-hander and a one-hander.
- L1’s cleave and dmg reduced to match L2 as it’s already faster which compensates for its worse angle (0.63s vs 0.72s). Shouldn’t be higher cleave than Greatsword’s lights.
- L3 given a small boost in movement. Allows it to safely break shields in hordes and provides incentive to mix it in with the standard L1-L2-block cancel and L1-H1 chains.
- Make all lights block cancel more easily to mitigate vulnerability it has while attacking.
- Cleave of push attack and all lights except for L3 lowered so they don’t cleave unstaggered Gors on Cata by default. L3’s cleave unchanged to give it a unique purpose.
- Increase headshot bonus damage of charged attacks by 25%.
- Full charge stagger strength increased so that it staggers elites on headshot when said elites are not attacking. Extends to CWs provided you have at least 10% power.
- Offhand Pistol can no longer be used while blocking.
- Push/block angle lowered to 60° from 90° (Dual Daggers are 40° for reference). With the cleave nerf and the heavy attack buffs, this redefines the Rapier as a duelist’s weapon.
- 8% bodyshot dmg reduction to light attacks. 10% reduction in bodyshot dmg for heavies.
- Dodge count upped to 4 from 3. Fair as it has less stagger than T.Spear and Billhook.
- Headshot hitboxes improved slightly.
- Give the heavies movement boost. Useful for breaking shield in horde/kiting elites safely.
- Increase cleave of L3 to Dual Dagger lights (from 2.24 cleave to 2.98 cleave).
1h Sword (Kruber & Sienna)
- Dodge count upped to 4 from 3. Gives it a mobility niche among Kruber’s other mobility weaps (only Bret S & S has 4 dodges) without making it noticeably better on Sienna.
- L3 now lowers the guard of shield Marauders. Small change to lessen weakness vs shields.
Stagger & THP Talent Suggestions
Bonus dmg on crit bodyshot reduced to 20% from 40%. Headshot bonus unchanged. Makes Assassin a more skillful talent by lowering crit interaction.
Duration increased to 3s and dmg buff increased to 15%. Increases stagger power by 10%.
THP Talent Suggestions
THP on Crit/Headshot
“Melee headshots restore 3 temporary health. Multiplied by 1.5 for charged attacks. Max 2 enemies.”
A buff to thp on headshot/crit provided you have a good headshot %. More useful with cleave. 1.5x effect for charged attacks to make it useful outside of light spam.
THP on Cleave
THP received for first target in cleave is now 0.5. Subsequent targets still give 1.
THP on Kill
“Melee blows restore temporary health based on the damage dealt. Temporary health is only gained from the highest damage dealt to a single enemy in your cleave.”
No reliance on dealing last blow. Amount of thp given is up for discussion. Limited to 1 enemy in your cleave, which will be the one you dealt the most damage to (usually the 1st one hit, but sometimes the 1st enemy hit will have low hp so this makes it more consistent).
THP on Stagger
Now works on enemies that you killed, amount of thp gained with shield slams/Firesword heavies needs to be lessened if this change is to happen.
- Push/block angle property now also affects push radius. Renamed push/block size.
Here’s a link to a reply containing extended reasoning that also lists changes that seem to be liked by the community so far: Extended Reasoning and Generally Liked Changes