War Priest of Sigmar - Detailed Balance Analysis

Flail and Flail and Shield both have the same delay issue on heavies. I reported a similar bug on bretsword, and they fixed that one a couple of patches ago ; but the flail one remains…

Does the healing trigger off of a monster killing blow, if that monster dying is what gets you into a fury state ?

This is the only difficulty WPoS encounters when dealing with elites. His elite damage is great with all weapons, needing only 2-4 simple and rapid hits (4-6 for Chaos Warriors).

Nope, I disagree here. I’ve seen it heal more than it should have but that was the effect of either a Boon of Shallya or SotT’s An Attendance of Munificents passive. Playing in the thirst curse in the wastes, or with boons like Khaine’s Fury (?) (the one that gives you power but you take damage when you attack when above 50% health), I haven’t observed that.

Citing Coghammer and Warpick in the same sentence about balance is an odd choice, but I see what you mean. Where I disagree is in that WPoS is not lacking at all in armour damage. The Holy Great Hammer and the Hammer and Tome both have excellent armour killing capability, and so do actually all of his weapons save perhaps for Hammer and Shield which relies on push-attacks and therefore is limited by stamina.

This would overtune him IMO. He doesn’t need that.

TL;DR

WEAPONS

• Allow Holy Greathammer push-attack to combo into heavy 3 overhead attack
  • Optionally simply attack patterns of Holy Greathammer
  • Reduce the time required to fully charge magical heavy attack of Hammer+Tome
  • Optionally increase the stamina value of Flail+Shield to match Hammer+Shield
  • Optionally increase monster damage on a weapon to provide the class with a stronger option against bosses
  • Check on general clunkiness of weapons regarding attack hitboxes and on the release of attack button press

TALENTS

• Optionally increase the rate at which the ability bar is generated slightly
  • Increase the values for Fury generation, whether it be per unit or per difficulty modifier, the unit is probably better
  • Optionally reduce the rate at which Fury decays outside of combat
  • Optionally implement a bonus to Fury generation somewhere in the talent selection, unnecessary if Fury generation is buffed
  • Buff the explosion from Shield of Faith to stagger Chaos Warriors and bosses to equal stagger power of Foot Knight and Ironbreaker
  • Change Enemy of Chaos 30% super-armor damage to 20% armor damage (not power) to be more applicable but less powerful, and still weaker against Maulers, berserkers, and most bosses
  • Fix Implacable not working as intended
  • Replace or significantly buff Unstoppable Force in some way
  • Fix Rising Judgement not working as intended
  • Optionally allow Sigmar’s Executioner to also activate on special enemy kill
  • Reduce the damage bonus granted by Empowered Smite to 30%
  • Optionally remove the delayed application of Smite by Empowered Smite
  • Optionally implement a bonus to damage/power/monster-damage somewhere in the talent selection, recommended paired with either Unstoppable Force, Prayer of Vengeance, or Prayer of Might
  • Implement a bonus to attack speed somewhere in the talent selection, recommended paired with either Unstoppable Force, Prayer of Vengeance, or Prayer of Might
  • Implement a bonus to movement speed somewhere in the talent selection, recommended paired with Divine Excoriation (active during Righteous Fury)
  • Fix Prayer of Hardiness possibly not working as intended
  • Optionally buff Prayer of Hardiness to 20% to equal that of the Necklace property
  • Optionally implement some minor additional buffs to coincide with some/all Tier 25 talents
  • Fix The Comet’s Gift possibly not working as intended
1 Like