Vet nerfed to the ground with new talent tree

You have now idea how validating this sounds to me as a vet main when it comes from a sweaty zealot main. No joke or sarcasm here, seriously, ty.

The recent few patches can sometimes make me feel like the game is trying to gaslight me into thinking I suck for playing vet, even though I can breeze through sh^t just fine on my lvl 100 zealot (800 on my vet).

5 Likes

It might come down to gun choice as well. Funnily enough I think that “Marksman’s Focus” is best with high RoF spammy type guns. You get kills faster, have an easier time getting headshots, and aren’t as negatively effected by ghost hits.

The most precision weapon I would probably try it with would be the Infantry Las mk 1a.

3 Likes

Also want to say I also feel the same way. I do think that Vets sustain is an issue and we were joking that “3 basic shooters are vet killers now.”

I think once Ex Takedown is working again and giving Vet some more base toughness would be a really good step in alleviating this issue

4 Likes

Yeah hard agree. It feels night and day going from zealot to vet which is a shame.

I mostly mained Zealot pre-patch but have been enjoying getting into vet but now it feels rough. I still managed to clutch a round with the stealth melee build on vet but everything just feels much more painful to use.

3 Likes

I play pretty consistently with players I know are very very good at the game as a consequence of starting my little channel on my corner of the web. All nice people who I have seen pull of insane clutches on zealot or ogryn or even vet and psyker. Yet every single one of us goes down on average at least once per game. Not always but pretty darn often. Its a running joke for us when one of us goes down to just shout “VET GAMING” because its just the way of it. Vet is pure glass, kinda cannon. He’s like the psyker in patch 11 and earlier right now due to just horrendous toughness sustain and damage reduction. I don’t think Exhilerating Takedown will be enough either, and it’ll already be an auto-include as soon as it stops making you die to one poxwalker.

4 Likes

You can call it more aggressive I call it a worse mechanic.

Zealot Crit Keystone:

• Allies can’t hinder you, they’ll just aid you. You don’t have to kill, just things need to die in a superlarge area, you don’t even have to be close to enemies.
  • Alternative ways to keep the stacks going.
  • Automatically pops in sticky situations due to enemy density.
  • Basically, a passive buff that drops between airlocks.
  • It doesn’t ramp. Very high static bonus.
  • Easy to get, playstyle comes naturally.

Vet Precision Keystone:

• You have to do it all yourself.
  • Allies can hinder you in multiple ways: standing in front of you can block your attacks, you have to reposition, if they shoot the same targets or there is CC on the team like rumbler Ogryn or Trauma psyker it gets a lot harder.
  • Ramping bonus, with even more bonus for maintaining full stacks (rending).
  • In sticky situations, it can be hard to maintain.

I don’t think this keystone is for me, but that’s clear that Zealot’s Crit Keystone is close to being just a passive while Vet’s Precision keystone is something you have to do very actively.

9 Likes

IMO its just not really any differet than doing what vet should be doing which is clicking heads. I see it as no different than the Slaughterer blessing on weapons. The stacks come and go but the uptime always careens to max stacks as soon as a spicy fight starts.

1 Like

If you’re using an automatic or a Kant IV, and have no latency issues, this is true. If you can’t check both boxes though . . . That’s a different story. Making precision weapons work is a b@tch for not that much reward relative to what you can do with other high skill floor weapons/abilities with other classes. Although the headhunters are def still somewhere between A and B tier since they’re still versatile enough to be able to perform well even if they suck at their namesake.

2 Likes

Rip Vraks Mk 3, you deserved better.

:pensive:

1 Like

Just an insider joke, we love you Regi. Toughness sustain / damage resist can be a b…but then I run VoC a lot so that isn’t a problem. Iron Will and Tactical Awarness are a must for my builds also. You cannot squeeze more out of vet. I don’t need extra damage on vet.

I’m also not sure about vet stamina regen, hence I take stam regen Curios and even dip into a talent which lowers the stamina regen delay. That part is easier for me on the right side. Vet being percieved by some as the under dog was the reason why I started playing it again. I still had purple items equipped on it when I logged in the first time post patch 14. It is all better now.

1 Like

I mean, it’s still easily A tier if you run it with onslaught and can nail throat/upper chest bursts. In the hands of a sweaty vet it can still do some filthy, filthy things. . .

2 Likes

If you have a scoreboard saved where you popped off with it I would love to see it. I have felt it was really lackluster after the patch 14 changes and was just an objectively worse mk7 now.

1 Like

Player suggesting Vet can one shot “anything” and have 2 keystones at the same time.
Both not true when it comes to playing in game. Maybe in the meatgrinder…

You are unable to have 2 keystones as well…

Why are some people unable to see our plight,
Just to be a contrarian for no reason

14 Likes

I know, all in good fun. i’m just mad chaxe is so bad on vet. I used to use it a lot. I mean i still can but…like eh…chainsword actually feels good.

Word to that. I tried the mg12 and mh ia and the ia felt decent and the 12 felt like trash.

4 Likes

With Plasma Gun and focus target I’m pretty sure you can, if you don’t count firing a shot to open a Bulwarks shield first.

But thats an edge caae.

I would not worry about the average opinion of a Pub. They are unique and fascinating creatures but are best observed at a distance.

5 Likes

We can come back to this when they finally fix Rampage.

2 Likes

The Vet still does loads of dmg still. only with specific setups.
For the gun class you are quite limited when it comes to shooting things.
At the core of it my issue is with build variety.
Pointless nodes that no one will take willingly.
They could be more creative with the tree, like they are with the others.
Too much focus on Stamina imo

3 Likes

Focus target pushed just enough of damage for Agripinaa shotgun special attack, to one shot every special (except for mute and dog) and ranged elite to the body.
it also can one shot bruisers if it crits, or if deathspitter stacked (mb not sure).

It wasn’t even close as good the last patch

3 Likes

Sadly this is very common, and most of these kinds of comments are intentionally misrepresented causing veterans to get nerfs non-stop.

7 Likes

Because this game and forums are infested with brown-nosers, naive white-knights, and toxic-positive Polly Anna’s. All spouting the same garbage and edge-case “hey this works so shut up! Oh just ignore that what I’m talking about only happens under these conditions which occur less than 10% of the time so you MIGHT use it once a run. Maybe. But hey you could do it so shut up and be happy with what you have.”

6 Likes