Vet nerfed to the ground with new talent tree

Keystones are ueless, and can’t get them anyways, they nerfed all good perks, nerfed stats, no more ways to get thougness or hp from perks unless you are forced into going the worst paths

My vet is completely botched, ruined, f this, review stays negative, i don’t give a damn anymore

immagine

immagine

immagine

forced to get born leader wich is the worst perk in the game

immagine

this

this is not ok

immagine

Executioner’s stance (volley fire) remains a joke

How am i even supposed to play with these stats

436636.11499988474_image

This is what i was used to have before with pretty much the same perks

immagine

38 Likes

Was hoping the new Vet tree would fix the previously convoluted, pointless pathing.
Nope, it added to the mess…

22 Likes

@Praet0rian

Like sidestepping a pothole by falling off a bridge.

23 Likes

i can’t even watch the new cinematics, i’m just pissed

3 Likes

Veteran got nerfed even harder.
This is not what we wanted.

18 Likes

If this is referencing the screenshot of the top of the tree, why is that not okay?

1 Like

I believe it is refering to the image just below, the pathing is suboptimal.
The tax nodes before the toughtness +15 are all pointless but one, gain +5% health (which is already a curio perk…) which is still bad nonetheless.

This new vet tree is now very squishy with reduced damage output as well as team support (as you die more and kill less)

3 Likes

Oh god I hadn’t even noticed yet that half the bonus toughness nodes are gone. This just gets worse and worse. Literally give up and revert, somehow every attempt to improve it makes it so much worse.

25 Likes

My Honest Reaction:
(Insert video of WingsOfRedemption crying here)

3 Likes

Just…gone? No attempt to consolidate them, they just straight up removed half of them?

What the heck? Did Psyker and Vet switch dev teams during the overhaul? This is the kind of thing I’m used to seeing for our favorite demon gateway, not the Vet.

…is there someone who just hates DPS classes and tries to handicap them?

Or do the devs just not play their own game.

15 Likes

Oh, the fact that the merge into the single node? Or the fact that the merge node is an Operative Node?

I feel like the former is a consequence of the branching structure. Without introducing mutually exclusive choices, most branches need to merge to 1 before diverging again, otherwise you’ll end up with a convoluted spiderweb.

1 Like

First build and i am not even reaching a keystone, because the standard nodes are still so much better.

Sure i take 30% weak spot damage, 25% more ammo and no ammo loss on crit, but i also take 10% crit on melee and rending on consecutive hits and dont forget Iron Will, my man.

Edit: Third build was able to have one skill point for the tagging keystone and that build is the braindead one with Plasmagun and Powersword. Glorious. I dont need the keystones at all.

5 Likes

Just logged in

Damage to Ogryn/Monster, Damage to Elites and Rending now stuck towards bottom of tree, so you have to waste skillpoints more to get there. Basically you would have 4 points leftover to get those again by direct pathing.

4 Likes

The single merge node is not that much of an issue, as its a flat toughness bonus equilevent to a good blessing role on a curio.
But rather the nodes before it are bad, your choices are a 1+ stam, 5+ move speed or 5+ health. Which are equivalent to bad curio perks…

So no matter what, before you get to your blitz upgrade. You are forced to choose from one crap tax node and then an okay tax node.
Compare this to what other classes, have before their tax node.
Pysker and Zealot both have one tax node which is flat 15 tougthness, Good as its only 1 tax node
Orgyn has also one tax node being flat 25 toughtness, very good.

Vet old tree had no tax node before blitz upgrades, then convoluted or wasteful pathing in aura nodes.

1 Like

You gotta love that all the good talents got nerfed but where moved up but then all the new good stuff stayed at the bottom, the tree is just as long as it was before and the keystones are just added at the bottom…

I love how they touted that the entire team wanted to do this but then you do not give a sh!t on how you deliver it.

Why is there a talent for 50% extra supression? Who the f*ck cares?
Why are all the stat nodes as weak as they are? Every other class gets meaningful stat nodes while the vet gets decent toughness ones (value wise) which are in sh!t places but then gets stuff like 5% hp or 25% supression which you have to take.

Reload on ult is still on the wrong tree as well…

You gotta love that they say in the update trailer that this is the last skilltree update…
Not because they are confident they got it right this time but because they are done looking at having to fix their botched work with the vet.

You got the other 3 right, why actively butcher the vets tree?

11 Likes

wait is there a reload on ult? where, i missed it

Not on the vet tree. Its on the orgyn tree lol
The closest reload skill you will find on vet is at the bottom of the infiltrate path, which is a 3% of ur missing clip when you kill with melee. once per activation

Why on Earth did they outright nuke so many nodes by whopping 50%? And not even OP stuff, at that.

E.g. “Duty and Honour” used to give a 100 (now 50) toughness buff every 30/45 seconds, who on the dev team thought “Oh no this is way too strong, gotta nerf it hard”?

Was there no playtesting at all before implementation?

2 Likes

immagine

this one is the worst

4 Likes

VoC was OP tho, it’s not 30/45, considering you can farm CDR, especially with plasma-leader build. But overall new tree is rushed, keystones aren’t so strong and hard to reach.

7 Likes