The rise of toxic players?

Hi guys,

i played v1 a lot and met maybe 3~4 ppl per week who where toxic.

But in v2 it feels like every 2nd game there a toxic dude who flames u, attacks u (champ mode) etc.

Even if I try a new build with (like witchhunter with two handed) I get flamed for being a useless class.

So Wtf is going on?

6 Likes

People being people.
Warhammer becoming more popular since Warhammer Total War.
People in general.
Did I mention people?

13 Likes

The aggression in Video Games is unbelievable.Unfortunately there is no filter on people’s playstyle.

1 Like

Sadly such episodes reminds me of the episode of Scrubs, where Dr. Cox tells us what people really are.

The only hope is to find people you actually like playing with and hanging on to them.

3 Likes

I only play with friends or solo, I’ll have to expand into the random pool eventually though. I assume there isn’t a mute player feature as of yet.

I believe you are able to report these people via steam.
I assume that this kind of player will soon move on after the “new game release” novelty wears off.
Hang in there!

9 Likes

there is a mute option

i know i could mute all of them but i was suprised how many toxic ppl i meet

I hope ^^ ty

Well, these morons will eventually make themselves obsolete as more and more people kick them out of groups as soon as they see the name haha. I really do not get the mindset of some people. If u wont say it to someones face then dont say it over the internet.

2 Likes

I think it is very hard to enforce people to be positive.

Other also very well funded multiplayer games like Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege are doing their best at it, but it’s still a work in progress.

Hey, it’s even hard in real life, where there’s more accountability.

I think the best thing one can do is to change how negativity affects them, while other options are being worked on.

Don’t give up being positive, is what I think!

2 Likes

These people will disapear. Played v1 a lot (only bubs), met toxic players only at the beggining. I hope I will level up fast in v2 as I want to join better groups, they usually understand what is going on in the game and help each other.

There is more toxic players than in V1, but I think they’ll all leave soon. On one case, they think everyone is bad at VT2, on the other case, they find out they’re terrible and leave. We’ll have peace soon enough

Just for the love of the emperor don’t go to far with it like the overwatch team did. Toxic player should be punished yes, but we don’t need gaming companies digging thru there players YouTube comments and social media to become an industry standard.

1 Like

This game doesn’t need to be a hugbox. If you get offended, mute someone. Kick them, teamkill them. They shouldn’t be banned.

i think u r right about people. they are people.

lets hope ban list will be back with mod

Oh yea banning is going too far that much I agree. I was thinking something along the lines of putting a warning on them or allowing other players that isn’t team killing go before them in the group search algorithm

Just blacklisting would be fine, in my opinion.

I forgot to mess with it when I was playing last night, where is the mute option do I just press enter and / mute player?

If I’m not mistaken its tab to get up the team screen. Then right click to activate mouse and then just click on the mute button under the guy you want to mute.

1 Like