Toxic behavior, Racial slurs

Hi, so i open up Vermintide 2 after a week away i join my first game with a 3 player premade i happen to agro a patrol by mistake and we wipe so they start saying disgusting racist stuff and racial slurs then they kick me off the game i have screenshots of the hole thing and steam info on the players, i hope that some form of action can be taken because this is not the first time this happened.

1 Like

Don’t aggro the patrols so often then.

7 Likes

I’d imagine he meant the racism…

2 Likes

I can understand that you are angry about what happened. Im sorry for you but i dont think they will get punished for their behaviour.
Even if you had a prove that they started being toxic (i don’t think a screenshot can prove who started) it is very unlikely that something will happen. Try not to let them worsen youre moot.
Start a new round Maybe the next group is bether :slight_smile:

1 Like

Block them on steam and you wont see them again. Every online game got those ppl and it could still be your neighbour.^^

Blocking in Steam does not prevent you from being matched with them in VT2.

3 Likes

Are you sure? The game communicates with steam at all.
I read from some ppl that they can’t join , because of some reason. Dont know the exactly words now.

From my own experience… I never met the ppl again, that i blocked and if i leave the lobby, block them an start the lobbybrowser, they dont appear, even if i use “all”.

And yes i do remember such ppl quite good.
(Maybe they could change the name, but Not more.)

Just test it with a friend maybe.^^

Pretty sure but not 100%. I remember reading or didn’t work a while ago. @Fatshark_Hedge can you speak to this at all?

2 Likes

Racial slurs just happen to be one thing in an arsenal of ammo that the internet uses to have a go at people for some imagined tiny slight. The amount of times I’ve been called a C yoU Next Tuesday (which is the worst word in the english language) is beyond measure. I run pubs in the UK and I get called this to my face a lot. A real lot. Almost every weekend night in fact.

Just blink, smile, throw some drunk fool out. Carry on.

3 Likes

If you’re playing in the UK, then some of the people making comments about you might be trying to say how nice of a person you are.

5 Likes

What difficulty was this?

Are you new to the internet or something? just tell 'em “patrols are easy if you aren’t shite” and move on.

1 Like

It’s actually a term of endearment where I’m from, you would only call your best mates. lol different cultures XD

2 Likes

It’s also generational. Skin is getting thinner as the years go by. Back in my hay day if someone said something vile we’d just tell 'em to f**k off and be done with it. Nowadays everyone wants others to fight their battles for them.
Then again I can’t blame them since from an early age they’re taught that fighting back also gets them in trouble. You have to go tell the teacher… or everyone with a twitter account…
What an age we live in.

(old c**t rant complete)

4 Likes

lol wut?

tenor%20(1)

4 Likes

The only good Elf is a dead Elf. Go home Wutelgi before I put my lumberfoot up yer arse.

1 Like

1 Like

never thought that “r e t a r d” is a race related insult

i just dont know what else to say here. thats internet, buddy, and you looking like 5 years kid complaining to your mom that neighbour boy called you a poop

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.