The majority of this Toxic, whiny Community deserves to be ignored

they’re still missing the story

and if we’re going to get into semantics, their original proposal for crafting was the exact opposite of what we have now, and they changed it at the last possible moment without notice or explanation. I’d say they have yet to implement crafting in the way they described it, up to but not including the last open beta version.

Also, just gotta say it so you know for next time, but asterisks*

4 Likes

“Man likes the holes in the ship and wishes everyone would stop trying to plug them”

2 Likes

Now that i dug it out, i might as well put it here, too.
Every single person who is complaining about the current state of crafting, is 100% right to do so.
We got the polar opposite of what was advertised.
The people who have been asking for crafting changes (for months) are pretty much asking for exactly what was advertised 6 months ago.

12 Likes
9 Likes

I enjoy it. I see no reason to try hard when resources are not multiplied by difficulty past base increase.

So what do you do when you dont need resources??? Literally have to just quit playing the game because there is nothing except easy trash maps on rotation. Even with the heavy rng crafting it really doesnt take that many hours to make a strong build to start enjoying high int stg. High int stuff should be weighted significantly higher then low int on damnation and right now it feels like the opposite. This game is catered to ultra noob players right now (or maybe catered to the skill of the devs because they clearly dont play much) and that kills the desire to play.

1 Like

They should make the hardest difficulty harder no doubt… And make perfect gear reasonably obtainable. So the challenge is about skill and load out choice. Not based on luck.

3 Likes

Please, your standards of what you want from items and mine differ enough that I’ll have hard time not running out of resources.

If I was still playing, with current system it’ll take me years to get my inventory to where I want it - multiple 380 with max perks and blessings in variations.

2 Likes

Sounds like a difference in skill rather then items to me. I dont have perfect everything but its definitely good enough to wreck high int stg games. No way i would ever waste my time in low int even with subpar gear.

You can shove your elitist attitude where sun don’t shine and go back to playing twitch DWONS.

Ah if only this game had something like that.

1 Like

This is the thing for me, even if you’re one of the people who claims to think crafting is fine as-is, you literally can’t make the argument that this is what FS wanted to make or that everything is going according to plan. FS failed to create the crafting system they said they wanted to make and you have to ignore that fact in order to defend what it currently is.

Sure, you can like the current crafting system I guess, I don’t know why you would, but it’s by no definition a successful implementation or one that meets the expectation FS set themselves, and that’s a big part of why people are mad about it.

3 Likes

What makes you think that they haven’t changed their mind about what they wanted to make?

They could have, but they certainly haven’t said so. And the old rationale/design philosophy is what they SOLD us as a product and what to expect on pre-order and purchase before crafting was finished.

4 Likes

Well they shouldn’t have sold me a product with ideas XYZ when i was told i’d be getting ideas ABC.

3 Likes

That I can agree with, but I still don’t see an answer to my question.

I think it’s known that the game FS originally wanted DT to be was changed, redesigned, and basically remade into something else partway into the development. That’s why I’m asking. For me, both the “cannot make it for some reason” and “this isn’t really good” seems equally reasonable.

1 Like

This is December 2nd 2022. Where they threw out the old crafting and had to remake it from scratch.

This is from February 9 2023. They could have thrown out their crafting system and redesigned everything a SECOND time between December and February, or after February before giving it to us (they did remove combining blessings) but you can’t expect people to not be upset if reading what to expect in February made you purchase the game or avoid refunding it when you could. Especially since they are comparing it to VT2 and past games and reducing the grind to them as a comparison. The whole thing is laughable.

( and there’s no new update as to the intention and design around RNG and agency afterwards aside from wanting players to see the “potential” of things).

1 Like

tbh I tend to think it’s pretty egregious most of the time people call false advertising on products, but I think there’s a case for it here. What we got is basically the opposite of what we were led to believe we’d get.

1 Like

I seriously think you could make a lawsuit out of it.

So it’s the “not good enough” and not the “we can’t make it”, so they “changed their mind”. Good to know.