The majority of this Toxic, whiny Community deserves to be ignored

A majority of players in December voted to have ALL content paused (“Fix your damn game!”) until bugs and performance was fixed, so the devs responded. The same idiots called for a halt to cosmetics until crafting was implemented. So the devs listened. Now we’re down to these babies crying about a SOLO mode in a coop game, and trading cards. Seriously. Trading cards.

The emptiness in this game is due entirely to you spoiled, unsatisfied and miserable children who whine on the forums every day. In fact, serious and positive feedback can be overlooked because of the abundance of stupidity that floods the forums.

The cancel culture and mob mentality is prevalent in small minded people such as yourselves. You won’t feel satisfied with your lives until you’ve successfully wiped something off the face of the earth. Well the core playerbase isn’t going anywhere, so you fair weather gamers can uninstall and leave DarkTide for us to enjoy.

9 Likes

It would take an afternoon of coding to fix the major issues with the game, not six months.

13 Likes

If you actually believe that if Fatshark was left alone and not pressured by the community to improve the core game that there would magically be more content today, then you haven’t been paying attention to how Fatshark operates.

The community at large has been overwhelmingly united and precise in what their issues are with the game, and Fatshark has said not one word about the majority of these issues. The changes that were implemented related to finishing the crafting system were minor bandaids meant to placate the volume criticism - but they utterly failed to address the core issues. And so here we are.

The critical voices in the community want the game to be better and want its potential realized. That’s all. If you see it differently, that’s fine. No one is stopping you from enjoying the game as it currently stands. But we’re not trying to “cancel” Darktide, and you’re not doing yourself any favors trying to silence people frustrated with the state of the game and calling them names, you’re just stoking the fire even more.

29 Likes

Do you honestly think that a crafting system that was built a few months before launch and was incomplete when the game actually launched was not worthy of complaints? That the massive amount of game breaking bugs and crashes were not valid things to complain about? That a feature missing from this game that has been in every other game in the genre (solo mode in a co-op horde shooter) that they even have in both of their previous entries in the genre isn’t something to complain about?

That emptiness was there from the beginning, and won’t be filled by more maps that we can’t choose to run whenever we want to, or enemies that we can’t encounter reliably. It won’t be filled by spending hours upon hours rolling weapons that are near useless. It won’t be filled by a cash shop that is leaning heavily into the feeling of FOMO (and if it doesn’t work on you, great! You’re not the target).

The whinging about complaints is to be expected though, and was even around during launch. Where the response about the expectations of a complete product was ‘stop whining!’. Where wanting to respect our time was ’ I didn’t have a problem getting what I wanted out of RNG, there’s no problem!'.

I’m just surprised that it took this long for a sycophant to declare, as clearly as you do, that the problem isn’t the company releasing a unfinished, unpolished product but it was us having standards that made the game suck.

4 Likes

people who enjoy playing low intensity damnation deserve to be ignored

1 Like

Whats the difference between playing a low intensity version of a difficulty and just playing a lower difficulty?

This is a new one for me.

Hm?

4 Likes

to OP: try reading bugs forums, game is unplayable for all windows 10 amd card owners, incl. myself, fs did not even test if the game works on supported platforms before releasing.

stop whining yourself

10 Likes

Enemies have the stats of the selected difficulty, low intensity just spawns less of them.

One of the few actual good design choices in this game tbh. It’s a good way to ease into higher difficulties.

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

The syndrome is rare: according to data from the FBI, about 8% of hostage victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome

matches up

2 Likes

lol. Perhaps you should try modding out if you think that’s true. I’d love to see your afternoon of work, and how revolutionary it would be for the game.

1 Like

Twitter is that way my son. ->>> twitter.coom

Genuine questions:

Are you mad at people that complain about the game because it lessens your enjoyment of it?

Exactly what “emptiness” are you referring to, is it lack of players or content or both?

What is your serious and positive feedback that you feel is possibly being overlooked?

Cheers.

im sorry you need a handicap to learn how to play but anyone who either isnt terrible at the game or has more then 30 hours of gameplay time shouldnt need low intensity ever again. if your so many hours in and still need low intensity i dont think this game is for you. the fact that this game caters toward the ultra noob audience is why the numbers on steam charts are so low. a game with such a high level of skill experssion should never cater to the ultra noob.

I think that naming toxic a large part of the community is not the way to go…
I can understand what you feel… I must say that I am tired of these useless posts with the same complaints for 6 months, with disrespectful comments about dev team etc.
Not really cause of them. People have the right to loose their time, and being masochist by wanting to play a game they hate. That’s their right (even if I don’t understand trully why someone would want to do that). But, what bother me is the fact that lot of discussions are gangrened by such posts.
I don’t care that people post in the 36k opened threads about RNG… But what annoys me is that we cannot have any discussion without someone wanting to introduce a negative comment about Fatshark, RNG, or what they wanted and asked 10k times for the game.

5 Likes

It’s true tho…

“If I just lick corporate boots hard enough, I’m sure things will change for the better… yeah that’ll be a good idea”

3 Likes

No, not the community at large but a handful of forum/reddit dwellers who are in no particular order or measure short-sighted, overreacting, needy, spiteful, impatient.

So you managed to display a sob-topic where you gathered like what… 50-100 forum players, who in their infinite gamer rage announced that they would uninstall the game. You even held yourself a little ceremony of you leaving and drummed it up without any sense of shame or reality check. Good on y’all, you said your piece, I believe you are done here.

You say that you’ve been “constructive” with your input, but looking back all across the board, all your little mob has accomplished is to demand and give meaningless ultimatums to Fatshark, you who consider yourself calm and patient aimed your goodbye post at Catfish, the community manager. Are you out of your f-ing mind?! She has her work, her life, how on earth do you think she cares that you’ve uninstalled your game?! There isn’t a better example just how much you over-estimate your presence because you dropped a couple thousand comments over a couple platforms I bet you figure yourself some sort of a community royalty.

The toxic lynchmob you call a community won’t ever be satisfied unless the game crumbles, so the best me and those who are fed up with not the game but your constant bitching and whining about anything can hope for is that you take up on your own word, leave and even if you crawl back later, you do it silently! Just go already!

3 Likes